Cost of living in Uzbekistan

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in Uzbekistan.

Don't forget to mention where in Uzbekistan you are living.

How much does it cost to live in Uzbekistan?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

> accommodation prices - 300-1000$

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)0.3 $, taxi - 1-3$ max

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)100-200 $ max.

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance) - 1 visit to doctor - 5-15 $

> eduction prices (if you need to pay) - ???

> energy prices (oil, electricity) - 50-100% max per month

> common bills (Internet - 30-50$ max per month,
television - 5$ per month,
telephone - 10-20 $ per month,
mobile phone 10-50$ per month)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant - 10-20$ max for two persons

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub - 1-5 $ max

> price of the cinema - 1-4 $ max

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

Pery has replied very well on this topic. It depends what lifestyle you want to live in Uzbekistan. Medical costs are cheap for locals but if you are foreigner and want to get English speaking GP, then you have to consult Tashkent International Medical clinic and the cost per visit is around 55 USD. If you are renting then you don't have to worry about electricity, cause usually it is included. The price of gas in Uzbekistan is 0.70-0.80 USD per litre. Uzbekistan has two exchange rates: official, unofficial and for statistical purposes. However, exchanging money at the black market at unofficial exchange rate is illegal. Currently, the rate of official exchange rate is around 1400 soums/per USD. Unofficial exchange rate is a little bit higher.
Mobile service is considered the 3 cheapest in the world. So, you would be better off using your mobile all the time. More info can also be found here: expat.uz

Hi all.
I am from Uzbek... I am living in the Center of Tashkent.
So by following post I can easily answer.

1) > accommodation prices. That is depend of you. where do u live and which part. For example Center of Tashkent around my house apartment with 3 rooms. master, middle and small. from 150$ to 500$. per month.
2) public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)
500sum = $0.30sent (this public transportation sometimes increasing +100 every year.) Taxi depend of destination
For example
1 kilometer 500sum to 1000sum = $0.30 to 0.50sent.
3) food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?) Depend of restaurants. (one plate fried rice with beef = 2000sum) total from 3000 sum to 10000sum. of course yes if you will cook it will cheaper. Per month it will 300`000sum to 900`000sum 150$ to $450.
4) > health prices (for those who need medical insurance)
Hospitals one visit medical check up. 10`000 sum to 50`000sum
Clinic 20`000sum to 100`000...
From 5USD$ to 50USD$. (depend of health)
5) > eduction prices (if you need to pay). Students from other countries can`t study in public universities or institutes. They can Privet Universities Only. from $3000USD to $5000USD per year.
Excluding food and hostel.
6) energy prices (oil, electricity)
Petrol 1 liter 2500sum (1.5$)
electricity 30000sum to 50000sum 15$ to 25$
7) common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)
Internet 0.02sent 1 MB.
Mobile Phone local calls per min. 0.02
incoming calls free. between mobile to mobile 0.01 per min.
also you can check mts.uz/en/
8) prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant
  per person  from 5000Sum to 30000sum total bill
9) prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub
beer from $1USD to $5USD coffee one cup 0.30sent to 1$
10) price of the cinema
    one person from 3000sum to 10000sum 1.5$ to 5$.

what are the cost of living in bugara mouthly

Hello nafisa and welcome to Expat.com!

What is Bugara?

Thank you,
Harmonie.

sorry it is bukhara

Hi
Im from England and I want to go for a holiday to Uzbekistan. I would like to live with a family instead of a hotel as then you can properly enjoy and learn. Is this possible? I would like to go to samakard.

Can anyone help?

Hi there!
Staying with a family while visiting Uzbekistan as a tourist is possible and legal.
However, please be prepared to follow certain requirements, as getting registered at a local interior office, and else. Your host family should be of assistance for meeting these requirements. Feel free to ask for details.
All the best!

With the new monetary policy in place, cost of living in Uzbekistan has decreased almost 50%, with the rental acomodation in major cities ranging from 300$ to 5000$ per month (i.e. a modest one bedroom apartment to a luxury 5 bedroom mansion).
Food and drinks, if You cook Yourself, would take arond 150-200$/month per person while transportation (if You catch taxies only) within the city at only ca.18c per 1 km (or 30c per mile). Be sure to exchange Your USD's or EUR's in banks only, the exchange rate difference between the parallel market and official banks has decreased from some 90% to 1,5%, and it no longer makes any sence risking Your clean criminal record in the country.
A decent dinner for 2, in a nice resturant in down town Tashkent (with a bottle of imported wine) would cost around 50-60$, in case You want to give a try to a local wine maker, that would slash the dinner budget by half (ca 30$ for two).
Cost fo the lunch in a cafe, or a small restaurant is close to 4-6$.
Broad band Internet access is still expensive and You should target at least 40-50$ per month for decent connection with some 100GB/m monthly limit at 3-5 MB/s.