Libya work permit

i am debasish satapathy from india. i am selected by a libyan based company. my company is processing my work permit. i have deposited police clearance certificate and arabic translation of passport to my company.now it is complete of 3 months. still my company is saying to wait for work permit. company is saying all depends upon libyan immigration authorities and they are delaying the process. so i want to know what other documents required and  how much maximum days are required to get work permit? can you give the official web site of libyan immigration office?

thank you
debasish

Hello Debasish,

Well this is Libya !!
Time is very relative and procedures can take long indeed.

To have a work permit you must also have a health certificate, but I guess the libyan company is taking care of that, as it can be done without you being actually examined ;-)

Patience is the key !

Mine took 5 months....

I was told yesterday that if my the deal comes off it could be October before we move so it can not be a quick process. Must be a logistical nightmare to fill positions in the country, I thought Russia was bad but this is a completly different league.

thank you to all of you for your valuable replies.

Hello Debasish
I would like to ask  what documents you have prepared for registration of the working permit in Libya? I have offer to work in new hotel opening soon in Tripoli in Sports Club. Operation manager  have told that registration of the working sanction will take ONLY 1 month.
Thanks,

OlenaMH wrote:

Hello Debasish
Operation manager  have told that registration of the working sanction will take ONLY 1 month.

He's flying in a blue dream...the earliest I have ever heard of getting their WP is 3 months!

I have reminded the manager that heard about  process of registration of the visa and  how much its taking a time. But he said  for alone  person it is difficult, for the big company is much easier. Probably he is right as the personnel of hotel is 200-300 persons, and sometimes and more.And for new opening hotel they will process all applicants together maybe

is there any official website of libyan immigration office? how can i cross check my work permit process in libyan immigration office?

thanking you

debasish satapathy

There is no website for immigration office here.....this is as far as i know

why such type of delay exist in libyan immigration office? can anyone tell me.

thanking you.
debasish satapathy.

hi olenaMH
             did you get your libyan work permit?

I have passed final interview to the employer. Now I expect the offer letter to sign. And further after signing I shall know the next steps from the Director of the Human Resource department. I do not know process of registration of the working visa is how much really difficult. You need to contact to HR who is responsible for processing visa.

I talked to Russian people working in Libya in school at embassy of Russia. They got visa quickly.Its depends I think who is your employer.You need visa to entrance in Libya
and all  process of registration for resident  visa in Libya. In other words under any visa it is necessary to entrance  to Libya. In my country it costs 70 dollars for the working visa to Libya. But I do not understand, why necessary  to pay for working visa if it is possible come in under the tourist visa in Libya. It will be cheaper

Sorry my english maybe not so good

hello olenaMH,
               if you will take tourist visa then you will have to return to your destiny place after your tour. and residence visa is different from work permit. when somebody want to work in a country first the sponsor will have to apply for work permit and the immigration office will give a invitation letter to sponsor and sponsor will send the invitation letter to you. then you will apply for entry visa near to your embassy. then when you will be in the country you will have to report to the immigration office for the registration of work and residence both. that's as i know when i was in china.

OlenaMH wrote:

But I do not understand, why necessary  to pay for working visa if it is possible come in under the tourist visa in Libya. It will be cheaper

Dunno if I'm reading this correctly - You're asking if you can come to Libya and work on a tourist visa?

The answer is NO. :rolleyes:

Hi Guys

My employer has said that my wife, daughter and I should all be able to come over to Libya at the same time (September first - under two months).

From reading this thread it seems unlikly, what do you guys think?

G

Hi Guys

My employer has said that my wife, daughter and I should all be able to come over to Libya at the same time (September first - under two months).

From reading this thread it seems unlikly, what do you guys think?

G

Sorry Gib, it won't be possible for you to come as a family all at the same time.

Here's how it all works...again

1) Employer in Libya applies to Libyan immigration authorities for work visa quota position for expat employee. This can take up to 3 months.

2) When employee's position is approved, employee goes to Libyan embassy in country of origin and applies for Libyan work visa. Visa is normally granted in a week.

3) Employee travels to Libya, does the medical and applies for residence visa. This part takes 4-6 weeks. After employee gets the RP, visas for the family can be applied for, normally another 4-6 weeks.

4) After spouses visa has been approved, spouse goes to Libyan embassy in home country and submits passport for visa. 1 week.

5) Spouse/family travel to Libya and apply for residence visa.......

The process is fcuking endless! :mad:

LOL

Dare I ask what I would have to do in order for our maid to come as well?

G

Your maid's a no-no, officially at least. Expats are not allowed by law to employ anyone, either Libyan or non-Libyan, even on a residence permit.

If you want to bring your maid here, there are various alternatives....ahrmmmm ;)

please do tell me more

Dear debasish83,
I know for work necessary  working permit. I worked in Kuwait and I worked in  United Arab Emirates.
Sandman6,you   excellent wrote  all process of employment step by step.

Sandman6, I did not mean about tourist visa. I meant and wanted  to say, that working visa which I will  get in Embassy of  Libya in my  country costs around 70 $ and visa  valid 30-45 days. Further necessary apply for residence visa in Libya.  Therefore I consider the entry visa to Libya expensive. For example for work in Dubai UAE, I received a copy employment visa through internet or fax from the employer-sponsor. After  arrival  in Dubai airport  in section of delivery of the visa received the original, has passed the test of eyes and all. Further medicine  tests for submission on the resident the visa.And I didn't pay for entrance.
Anyway once again thanks for Sandman6

dear olena MH,
               the visa process for middle east countries are very easy to get. some times the employer already have it before they will take interview.

Sandman6 wrote:

Your maid's a no-no, officially at least. Expats are not allowed by law to employ anyone, either Libyan or non-Libyan, even on a residence permit.

What about the gate boys that some expats employ? Are you not allowed to hire some one to help with basic cleaning and washing? This can be a bit of a problem, as I will be working full time. :o

Gate boys, maids, nannies all come under the same category and OFFICIALLY expats aren't allowed to employ them. Of course this is a totally unworkable situation (besides being a load of fcuking bollox) but it's still the law, so be aware of it.

hi Guys

Start the stopwatch (or should that be calander?) I have sent off passort details to employer.

G

Gibraltar wrote:

hi Guys

Start the stopwatch (or should that be calendar?) I have sent off passport details to employer.

G

Looks like you are going to be there before we are :)

We are still waiting for the final papers from Libya to start our visa applications!

Good luck! Hope you get your visa soon...

Wow...Got no clue that WP application is like this.It is longer than I thought!I got a lot of hints from this thread.

Good that I am checking this forum.Thanks for sharing infos guys!

Soon2B Expat MJ wrote:

We are still waiting for the final papers from Libya to start our visa applications!

how long you are waiting for Libyan work permit? i am also waiting since 5 months. this is one rubbish country to get any type of visa.

I have been selected to work for the Universities of Libya. In the advertisement they said they will offer air passage for me, wife and 2 children (under the age of 18). The papers are yet to come but i was promised that they will be here with me any moment.

After reading the blog, I am now wondering if I will be sent the papers for self and my wife and child can only join me later.

Please provide more info.

marker

The immigration procedures for your wife and children are processed after YOU arrive in Libya alone.

speaking of number of kids..what if you have more than 2 children less than 18 years old..does that mean you cannot bring them along?

glen_1965 wrote:

speaking of number of kids..what if you have more than 2 children less than 18 years old..does that mean you cannot bring them along?

More like he has to pay for the excess baggage himself....

Glen 1965,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... no kids allowed; unless they are over 18, in which case, God willing they arene't with you anymore.... :):lol:

glen_1965 wrote:

Of course you can bring them here.
After you have a residency visa you have to give their copy of passports to the GR people then they will apply for the joining visa for them they will collect the visa from the Libyan embassy in your home country or where you wish,
After that they will come into the county and will start the residency visa for one year for them.

Someone's missed the fcuking point here as usual :rolleyes:

In case That i have bussines visa (6 months)...how can my family join me?

If you had more than two, why would you not leave a couple behind, more than 2 kids and no ready access to booze how much fun would that be :o

Don't know how it works for kids, but my wife is getting 6 month multi entry business visa

Sand,
He could always throw them in the excess baggage.  Economical. $75.  Less so if they weigh more than 50lbs. Then it'd be the $75 plus $150 overweight fine.