Cost of living in Moss, Norway. 830 NOK enough?

Hi there. I will be going for a training course in Moss for about 1year+. The company I'm working with will provide me accommodation and also transportation allowance. Aside from that I will be getting a living allowance of around 830NOK. Is this 830NOK enough for a comfortable life there? Hopefully anyone here can help.

Hello hical_83 and welcome to Expat.com!

You should take a look at this > Cost of living in Norway.

This may be helpful to you,
Harmonie.:)

hi there, are you from KL? just drop by because i was searching for what you are looking as well, are you being employed by A**r?
I am going there too...

A 830 a week I hope... If so it's possible but certainly won't be down the pub allot.

Harmonie, thanks. Liamwooley88, it's per month, not per week.

Won't lie to you itl be very tight, but that is for me. My partner and I spend 3000 - 4000kr a month on food but could spend less. A few price comparisons a trip to the cinema is around 100kr, average beer out is around 60-70kr (in shops around 25kr for a 0.5 can but can get bottles for 10kr), a big bar of chocolate around 30kr. Shops like rema 1000 are good, reasonable and often have good offers, the have the equivalent of like asda smart price which is first price which is considerably cheaper than other branded items.

wow... now you're worrying me. I will certainly ask for more after this. thanks Liamwooley88. You've been very helpful.

Hi

I am Sri Lankan and working for Norway Company and came to Norway for 6 week office work and company giving me the every thing and for the food i have to prepair by my self and they gave me 3000kr only for food now this is 5th week now i have spend for food upto now around 1900kr i have only spend this for food and only buy cheep rated food like product of company products call 'First Price' company. I have not spend for addtional things like beer,chocolate. As my undestanding the amount 850kr will be enough for 18 days you need more than that for foods. you must ask more money than that

Lalith

Hi guys, ok sorry i did a wrong currency conversion. I'll actually be getting arnd 3000+NOK. I guess that shud be just nice for food, at least based on what you all have written here.

Thats much better :) can Even enjoy a beer here and there!

Nok 3000 is okey, but not much. I personally use 4000 only for sigaretts each month.

Yes Thats good balance Amount you can enjoy with additional things also

Thanks zeas & fl3

based on my experience 3000 NOK should be almost enough for food and money-in-the-pocket if your accommodation/transportation is separately provided. Just don't forget to buy products with "FIRST PRICE" tags from KiWi shops! it will be cost-saving and decreases your food expenses.

Problem with First Price food is that is very low quality. I definitely recommend you all types of First Price products, except food.

Well, you get what you pay for it! BTW I don't think all of their stuff are VERY LOW quality! anyhow, the quality might be lower indeed! Well, I don't think someone can survive with 3000 NOK by buying expensive food brands in Norway.   

Dragos1972 wrote:

Problem with First Price food is that is very low quality. I definitely recommend you all types of First Price products, except food.