Socials for oldies and newbies

ok I have a few last minute confirmations for dinner so I'll amend the booking. see you all later!

Elaine

Hey Elain, I must say that we all appreciate the effort u do every time to organize nice and different outings for us. Thanks a million!

Thanks to all the guys who made it on Friday it was a lovely evening  & I enjoyed your company all of you :)

Elaine as usual thanks for organizing a great outing :D

Thanks Y30 :D it was a pleasure as always and I'm glad it turned out well :)

Just so everyone knows, I'm away from next weekend and from the start of August for almost 3 weeks. I know it's Ramadan so most of you will be fasting and partying late anyway, but if someone is willing to be my deputy I'm sure you can have some socials while I'm away ;)
Elaine

Elain, have a safe trip and enjoy ur vacation. We will all miss u and we'll wait for ur safe return. Have a great time and take care of urself!

Thanks! :) I hope someone will arrange a few Ramadan events while I'm away to keep the momentum going.
Elaine

hello elaine :) i think i can help you to make any ramadan events tell what you like to do ?

Hi Mostafa, thanks for volunteering! It's simple really, just pick a time, like next friday night after iftar, and place to meet up, somewhere easy to find like the Marriott hotel garden cafe in Zamalek, and encourage people to come along. If you feel comfortable giving your number to a few people it helps make sure you'll find each other :) obviously the above is just an example, you should confirm yourself when/where as suits you.
Good luck, and I hope lots of you will go out! :D
Elaine

oooh really cool :D you know it`s amazing that you know everything about ramadan and you aren`t egyptian :D you know ramadan and iftar everything that`s really awesome
ok i live in maadi so jw marriot or garden cafe both the same distance to me but i`m sorry i`m still don`t know what to do to arrange any event what we gonna do in that event ?

The Marriott in Zamalek is better than the JW as it's central, but you could organise something in Maadi if you like, there are lots of people living there :) Normally my events are just social gatherings, so you don't have to 'do' anything except turn up sit, talk, listen, have a mango juice... :P Just suggest a time, day and a venue. It's really simple!

Elaine

Oh this is very cutie i will come to you first to see this event then may be i could do one in maadi why not i will take all of my friends to come there but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait :O oh shit i remembered something Marriott is so horrible in prices you know my friend did his wedding before in JW it costs about 70,000 so could you please tell me how much does this event will cost to see if  i will be able to come or not
thank you Sam

The event costs nothing, it costs only the people who come. Everyone's free to order what they want.

But at least Marriot doesn"t have a Min Charge, but has higher price compared to anywhere. But You pay the place, the service.

ooh great thanks Mr mprier that`s what i thought but i have another question sorry how could i enter the hotel ? they will ask me what you gonna do there this event must carry a name so as to tell the guards it

Don't think it's something official for the Hotel. It's like an after work with your colleagues, you don't ask to book the place, you just go and see if they have the table for you, you don't give them a reason.

It's the same there, maybe you can book a table to make sure that u'll have a place to sit, otherwise, just give a date and a place to the people, everything's gonna perfect.

LOOK Mr mprier if i will come i will need to call you or i will call Mrs eltviola to pick me up and meet you that`s will be good idea

Sure, ill be out of Cairo as Eltviola, but later why not

ok

I really don't understand why you're so worried about this, it's really simple :) As I've said before, I'm leaving Cairo during Ramadan, as is MPrier, but I would like someone to organise an event during Ramadan while I'm away. No offence, but it doesn't sound like you want to be the organiser even though you volunteered in the first place... Can someone else take the lead pleeeeease? :D

eltviola wrote:

I really don't understand why you're so worried about this, it's really simple :) As I've said before, I'm leaving Cairo during Ramadan, as is MPrier, but I would like someone to organise an event during Ramadan while I'm away. No offence, but it doesn't sound like you want to be the organiser even though you volunteered in the first place... Can someone else take the lead pleeeeease? :D

i will talk to yasmine and see :)

Thanks! :D

ok give i don`t want to be as well you don`t tell me that you will leave egypt during Ramadan i understand that i will meet you and some other foreign and bla bla bla bla :S

eltviola wrote:

Thanks! :D

yw :)  !

Hey everybody,
I have posted a new topic "Who would like to go out for Iftar next Thursday?" on the forum. I thought it would be nice to meet and eat together. If anyone has any ideas for places and prices, please post it under the new post. Hope 2 see everyone I know, that is not traveling, and hope to meet new people.

Rania

yeah great good idea in maaadi you can come and be from maadians gr

What about Spectra in 18 Street , I like the place and the environment :)

Mostafa samy wrote:

ok give i don`t want to be as well you don`t tell me that you will leave egypt during Ramadan i understand that i will meet you and some other foreign and bla bla bla bla :S

I don't understand what you're trying to say, sorry.

Rozypearl wrote:

Hey everybody,
I have posted a new topic "Who would like to go out for Iftar next Thursday?" on the forum. I thought it would be nice to meet and eat together. If anyone has any ideas for places and prices, please post it under the new post. Hope 2 see everyone I know, that is not traveling, and hope to meet new people.

Rania

Great initiative Rania, well done! :top: thanks

ok no prb

Elain, I'm just trying to follow ur lead. However, I think we'd need around 5 or 6 people at least for this event or else I don't think it would be fun. What do u suggest I do?

hey Rozypearl, yes I would make sure you have around 5 definites at least. There were quite a few new people asking about socials over the last few weeks on the forum - maybe send some of them a private message in case they haven't checked yet? Or just make sure you have a few friends coming with you just in case :)

Come on guys and gals, let's show some enthusiasm :D What could be nicer after days of fasting than a social Iftar? Wish I could come :)

please take alook :)https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 944#431403

Good

I agree with u, Elain. Thx for the encouragement. I don't know who were asking about socials so I won't be able to send them PM, but if u know them and could help, that would be great. However, I have decided to postpone the event till Thursday, August 11th, to get more people. Will post the final decision regarding the restaurant and the price soon. Wish u could join us. Take Care and come back safely. Will miss u! :)

P.S. I'll also post it on facebook soon.

Hi again folks, it's been a while :) Sorry for the long break but I've been in the UK a lot lately, and returning again this weekend for a few days!

Rania did a great job of organising socials while I was away ;) so I feel it's time I did my bit now I'm back in Cairo, so I propose a social. How about we start off with something chilled out and easy to organise, at one of my favourite places... :)

- Friday 23rd September from 7.30pm.
- Meet at the palace garden cafe at the Marriott hotel in Zamalek.
- Head straight through the main reception and down the stairs to the outside area. I'll sit near the doors somewhere, on the right if I can.
- For anyone who doesn't know where it is, it's 16 Saray El Gezira Street, Zamalek, just off 26th July street. Click here for official website
- For those who want to eat: Garden Cafe Menu

Can't wait to see everyone again, and I hope lots of new people will come :)

My schedule is a little packed as I'm signing up to an Arabic course (finally) so that's 3 days a week gone :( I hope Friday is ok for most people.

Elaine
x

Elain, welcome back hun
Hope everything is okay with ur parent and your mum, welcome back to Cairo again, it is nice to know that you will begin to take arabic courses, and I can help you at anytime for sure to enhance your arabic language.

And am sure you will be better than us in arabic language after a while

Concerning the friday event, I will let you know if i will be able to come or not.

I do really wanna see you soon and Cairo is shining now coz our Cairo Animator is back again;):)

Friday is a perfect day for me and the Marriott garden is lovely I would love to come il give a definate yes or no closer to the time god bless you guys for organising get togethers!

eltviola wrote:

Hi again folks, it's been a while :) Sorry for the long break but I've been in the UK a lot lately, and returning again this weekend for a few days!

Rania did a great job of organising socials while I was away ;) so I feel it's time I did my bit now I'm back in Cairo, so I propose a social. How about we start off with something chilled out and easy to organise, at one of my favourite places... :)

- Friday 23rd September from 7.30pm.
- Meet at the palace garden cafe at the Marriott hotel in Zamalek.
- Head straight through the main reception and down the stairs to the outside area. I'll sit near the doors somewhere, on the right if I can.
- For anyone who doesn't know where it is, it's 16 Saray El Gezira Street, Zamalek, just off 26th July street. Click here for official website
- For those who want to eat: Garden Cafe Menu

Can't wait to see everyone again, and I hope lots of new people will come :)

My schedule is a little packed as I'm signing up to an Arabic course (finally) so that's 3 days a week gone :( I hope Friday is ok for most people.

Elaine
x

Hey Elain, welcome back to Cairo. Hope all went well in UK and hope to see u soon. We're really happy to have our organiser back, as I've been very busy with work and I don't think I'll have so much time to organise many events but I know u'll do that for us. I've also had neck problems and I can't use the comp much so I log on here and to other sites and facebook every few days till I get better.

Missed u :)

Hello every body
first of all welcome back Elaine
I am a new member here, and i will try of-course to join the outing.
perfect choice for the place ;)

Yay come ezz it will be fun!