Buying a motorbike in Bali

Well, I didn't realise the cultural factors involved in buying a motorbike. My masculinity has been challenged, my choice of brand questioned ... all in the spirit of good fun of course ;-)

There is a lot more to buying a bike in Bali than just engine capacity and ... continue

To own a vehicle you need to be a KITAS or KITAP holder.
Other than that, an Indonesian has to own it for you.

Luckily, I'm a KITAS holder so I could buy the bike in my own mame - otherwise as you say I would have needed an Indo name-giver.

That's the first big one sorted.
I'll toss another one in.
A foreign driving licence isn't valid here. You will need a SIM C available from your local police testing centre.
The two part test is simple enough if you speak Indonesian.
The first is a multi choice. I'm told it's available in English but not in my area. In Bali where there are lots of bule, it may be.
The second part is a figure 8 course and a ride through a live of cones. It was hard on my tiger but small stuff should be easy.
Quick medical and a small fee sees a licence valid until your kitas expires.

That's the easy bit. I've never been to Bali but, if they drive there as they do here, you need eyes in your arse to see how the buggers are going to try to knock you off your bike this time.
Back in the UK I was an advanced rider but that's proved to be little use out here. No good knowing the rules if no bugger follows them. The observation skills are very handy.