Living in Belarus

You are living in Belarus, or you used to live in Belarus.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in Belarus?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Belarus?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Belarus?

Thanks in advance for your participation

My name is Rafael, and I am thinking about moving to Belarus to Minsk.  I would like to meet some expats living there.  I am looking for a room in a sharing apartment with other Europeans or Americans.  I am from Mexico but lived most of my life in California.  I would really appreciate the helps.  And any tips.

Rafael

HI RAFAEL? DID YOU ALREADY RELOCATE TO MINSK BELARUS ? I PLA TO GO BACK THERE ALSO IN APRIL MAY OF 2011 CAN WE GET IN TOUCH TO KNOW EACH OTHER TO MAYBE GO TOGETHER THERE . PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP NOW  email me at [email protected] or skype: eg20091 or sms me 33670253574
Eric, FRANCE

Hi Eric,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

(you should avoid using your caps lock on the forum. Thank you)

Wish you good luck
Christine

I was born in Belarus and living here all my life. I've been and was living in many european countries, but I will stay in Belarus for many reasons: here very poor, but good and kind people. Prices for foods, clothes and rent is low, but very expensive cars. Most of Belorussians not understand English and other languages - if you want to visit Belarus, you need speak Russian, or take a translator. There is many hotels (most of them about 2-3*) and restaurants.If somebody wish to know something else about life in Belarus, ask me and I will answer your questions with pleasure.

Hello everyone, New guy here ; ) My Name is Dean & I'm a Californian native (USA).  I'm also planning relocating to Belarus, Minsk this upcoming summer 2011.  Yes, I have visited Minsk a few times & I do have to say there are many lovely & hospitality people there.  You are correct vitaldo.  They're not to many Belarusian people who understand english.  Russian is a definite language you must learn.  Luckily, My Wife..(just recently married) who is Russian/Belarusian will be doing most of my translating for the time being. 
I would also like to get more info.....Chance to make & meet new American's friends & or other expacts in Belarus. : )  So many questions to ask.....hehe!!

i wonder where u find lovely and hospitality people?

Hadeer wrote:

i wonder where u find lovely and hospitality people?

I guess, I should had stated the one's I personally and socially met by acquaintances or friends.  I see others just a bit secure or just to much for themselves.  (Not that if there's anything wrong with that).

Hey. I've moved to Minsk recently. I was born here but for the last ten years I've been living in Chicago. If anybody needs a translator or a guide I'd be more than willing to help. Just contact me at [email protected]

Expat.com wrote:

How would you describe life in Belarus?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Belarus?

I was in Belarus and want to live there. People live in Belarus well.
500 - $ enough to live very well, if your sore ego does not require cool car or clothes. Pensions are higher there. There is no unemployment. There are free medical assistance. Free education. Cheap housing. There is no poverty. There are government subsidies for domestic sphere workers (resorts, sanatoriums, health resorts) In stores no questionable products. Products only natural. No advertising. The people there are very friendly. There are no people who make a lot of money at the expense of others. No criminals, perverts and lazy people. The people there do not talking about different things. There people share happiness and troubles, and helped each other as members of one family. This is the only place on earth - almost Paradise. An alternative to capitalism, where there is a permanent separation of the budget. In Belarus, the government works for the people. It is very good. If it happens in other countries, the end of the world never comes) Bad words about Belarus is it's a lie of the world's governments. Only I saw almost no foreigners. them there is almost there. Mostly Russians and Ukrainians.

Expat.com wrote:

You are living in Belarus, or you used to live in Belarus.

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Belarus?

Change their prevailing worldview ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkUzeYWa7-8

[Moderated: off topic]

am isaac I want to visit belarus I want to know more
about the country can any body tell about it am on
Facebook my name on Facebook isaac mayor on
black berry pin 74E5A4AF and I don't know any body in the country am a football player I had that no work in d country but still love to come please tell me about it

In Tapas bar in the center of Minsk for example.

I want to visit Berlus I don't know anybody there,I would wish find any one here with acknowledge of  sharing accommodation,an a Ugandan by nationality friendly and honest

where u find lovely and hospitality people?