Cost of living in Lebanon

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in Lebanon.

Don't forget to mention where in Lebanon you are living.

How much does it cost to live in Lebanon?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

Can i get the following details..
How much does it cost to live in Lebanon?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> energy prices (oil, Rice)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

Hi,

As i know there is no public transportation. Actually, there are some buses but the idea of public transportation is quite different than what we are use to, meaning that there are no station where the buses stop. Taking a taxi sometimes means to travel with other 2-3 people and th driver stop for each of the passengers. Subway, Tramway, Train...as i know, there are not such things in Lebanon. All the people i know in Lebanon have their own car.
Mobile phones: there are 2 companies that provide this type of services and compared to European Union space, prices are quite high. 2 years ago, buying a card with number was almost 100$.
A good menu in an traditional restaurant depends on the area of the country where you find this restaurant. An average price is around 20$.

hi, my name is hadi pande, i would like to seek an advise from you all regarding an offer that i've got recently, i got an offer to work in one of the japanese restaurant in beirut with basic salary of US$2000 free accommodation, healthcare and transportation, is it worth it to get paid this much to live in beirut can i still save some money with this package offered? What is standard ideal income to live in beirut with family of one children, please can anyone give an advise, Thank you.

Hi just to let you know incase you didn't get an answer, it's a good deal if you have a place to stay and the rest. Good luck!!

hadipande wrote:

hi, my name is hadi pande, i would like to seek an advise from you all regarding an offer that i've got recently, i got an offer to work in one of the japanese restaurant in beirut with basic salary of US$2000 free accommodation, healthcare and transportation, is it worth it to get paid this much to live in beirut can i still save some money with this package offered? What is standard ideal income to live in beirut with family of one children, please can anyone give an advise, Thank you.

Hi,

my name is john from the philippines and i have a job offer in beirut lebanon. the company offers me US$ 2500 / Month plus US$ 900 / Month for Housing and transportation allowance & other benefits not mentioned. is it already good for me to accept the job offer? can i still save money every month? please can anyone help me and give me suggestions. thanks..

Brother,

I am very disappointed with this site... people take forever to give you a simple answer.

Go and search as I am doing it, get a plane and go there yourself, which I will be doing it next week.

In regards to your monthly salary, if you are by yourself I reckon it's not that bad, check sogetim com and see what you can find.

Cost of public and private transport:
Within Beirut area any trip is a flat fee of 1,000 LBP in the bus or 2,000 in a service. When a service stops for you just say where you are going and add 'service' or 'taxi' to make clear what type of ride you want. Taxi rides (a door to door service) also have regulated prices of 8,000 LBP for a relatively short trip in Beirut, though some will try to charge you more.

This type of transport is good along the main roads in or near the capital, and very cheap.

Driving:
Driving seems to consume a lot of fuel here. Some people say this is because the fuel is poor quality, others say it is because the Beirut area is hilly and there are lots of potholes and traffic jams.
Cars are relatively expensive due to very high import taxes and the fact that they are kept in use until they are completely dead :-).

Food:
Food can cost the same as in Europe or the States if you go to a smart supermarket and buy all the same brands as you do at home (Kellogs etc), or a lot, lot less if you buy local food from smaller shops or markets, especially outside Beirut such as the outskirts and the rest of the countryside.
A large man'oushé for breakfast can cost 1,000 LBP (66 USD cents or 50 euro cents). A big meal in a traditional restaurant can cost 15$. A Lebanese sandwich for lunch can cost 3,000 LBP or 2$.

Georgia @ gingerbeirut.com