Medical test during visa

what are the medical tests will be done during issuing oman visa to a person from india?

You need to get your medical test done in India from a AGMCA centre/GCC approved centre before applying for the visa. It is a must for Oman to get it done in India.

I do not know whether there will be some other medical test after arriving in Oman or not.

gakhan82 wrote:

You need to get your medical test done in India from a AGMCA centre/GCC approved centre before applying for the visa. It is a must for Oman to get it done in India.

I do not know whether there will be some other medical test after arriving in Oman or not.

i think he should do medical test when he arrive to Oman.
There are clinics and centers for medical test.

my test is  over but they send me the express visa via email
and asked me to take the printout and fly. how can i cross cheque
this visa . and is this genuine as my passport is empty and i didnt went to any indian embassy.

good day... im new to this forum. i just want to know what are the medical law regarding new expat here in oman? what are the diseases makes an expat unfit for work??? thanks....

i am from Zimbabwe, do i need a medical certificate from my country?  Please help i need to start the visa application soon and no one seems to be able to help me not even my future employer.

Vazorodzo
you need to approach any gulf countries embassy in your country for the information, otherwise, once here, they will take you for a complete medical check, even if you already have one from your country, after the results, one day later, they will ask you whether to leave or to start working :D

For everyone who wants to know about the Medical tests:
these are
Hep B
Hep C
VDRL
TB
AIDS
and others for contagious diseases.

if you are positive for any of the above mentioned test, you cannot get Residence visa in Oman. Every south Asian country like India, Pakistan, they have GAMCA offices located in capitals and other cities and they are authorized to generate a Medical fitness certificate that shows you are fit for job. Once u get ur certificate, you have to attest it from ur health Ministry. If you do not wish to take these tests from ur homeland, you will be asked to take them in Oman from ANY hospital. it costs you 20Riyals generally and includes all the tests. Any body who wishes to go for employment is required to take medical tests (South Asian countries not European).

The medical tests, once done are valid for 3 months and you can apply during this time span. same medical fitness certificate is required for Family joining visa also. Only visit visa, Express visa and tourist visa do not need any medical certificate.
Hope it helps to you all.
Many wishes for everyone.

Hi all
Pls, who knows about blood test done at Jordan for work Permit

Thnx

Hi,My medical test is over and I have BP( 150/100).This will cause any problems to get the visa

Hi,
My medical test is over and I have BP( 150/100).This will cause any problems to get the visa.

Thanks

Hcv is tested for oman visa?

I'm 21. I drink during on weekends and tried marijuana around 3 times last month. I'm not a regular smoker though. Will this be a problem. Pls reply.

I'm 21. I drink during on weekends and tried marijuana around 3 times last month. I'm not a regular smoker though. Will this be a problem. Pls reply.

Hi there,

In acquiring an Omani visa, one should undergo a medical exam regulated by GAMCA.  Tests include blood, urine, stool, physical, and psychological. I've gone through a stress test to ensure that I wont conk out in the middle of a stressful situation while at work. So far, it has been a pleasant experience.

hi  i m dhanashri  i m from pune  i need to know about dependent visa  where  i  do  my  medical  for visa  and  i  know  to  that it  is  necessary that medical  report  is  attested  by  indian  ministry  or  any where  else  plz  plz reply  me

Hi Dhanasri,

Whether it is for your visa or for your dependents, you will have to get the medical done from any of the GCC Approved Medical Center (GAMCA) in India. Go to your nearest GAMCA center (google it to find out) with your passport and register for medical. Once you register, you will have to do the medical at least within a month and if you get a FIT certificate, it has a validity of 3 months. But, you may not be able to repeat the medical before 6 months. So, perform your medical at the end once all the documents are ready to send.

For dependent's medical: the procedures are the same. I hope you already have a family visa with you. If not, to get that, you will have to attest your marriage certificate from state home dept before you send that for MEA (ministry of external affairs in India)and subsequently to your employer. If you are looking to get visa for your kids, you will have to submit their vaccination certificate along with their passport. I hope this would suffice.

Noushad

Dear All,
I am working in Abu Dhabi. I get offer letter from Oman, I need advise from you can you tell me where I go for medical. I check with them they say to me they need my original medical reports from UAE after that they start process for  my visa
You can send  me details via mail
[email protected]

Thanks & Regards

Zahoor Shah

Dear,
I am interested to know about approved medical center in Abu Dhabi for Oman visa

Thanks

Well Zahoor if you ask the health ministry in Abu Dhabi or just walk into any private clinic and they will guide you further...

Hi Everyone,
I will appreciate your time, if you guys will provide me regarding info.
I am going to Oman for doing my PhD. Right now, i am living in Germany. For visa, I need a Medical Certificate. First, i have done a medical certificate but it was rejected from Omani Embassy because it is including only lungs, Stomach and Heart tests. Omani embassy sent me a email, they need detail medical check up certificate. Please guide me which types of medical tests they want in my medical test certificate.

Thank you for your time,

Regards,
Khuram

Khuram.pse wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I will appreciate your time, if you guys will provide me regarding info.
I am going to Oman for doing my PhD. Right now, i am living in Germany. For visa, I need a Medical Certificate. First, i have done a medical certificate but it was rejected from Omani Embassy because it is including only lungs, Stomach and Heart tests. Omani embassy sent me a email, they need detail medical check up certificate. Please guide me which types of medical tests they want in my medical test certificate.

Thank you for your time,

Regards,
Khuram

Hi Khuram,

You would require to provide a medical report from an approved medical laboratory / hospital etc. You would have to check with the Omani Embassy in Germany.

Here are the tests that you will be required to take.

1. Chest X-Ray - To show clear lung field for past / present TB.
2. VDRL - Testing for Syphilis
3. Hep B - Surface Antigen (HBs Ag)
4. Hep C
5. HIV
6. Stool and Urine Tests.

They would also be checking you for Venereal diseases.

Thanks,

Rammy....

Hi Friends,

FYI

Many people think that GAMCA don't check BP then make sure your aware of this.

This for the people who are planning for Medical test for Gulf Countries in the future from India.Please make sure that your BP is normal (140/90), otherwise it can be bit hassle for you. Only if your BP is normal then only you'll get your Fitness Certificate.Also Depending on the other reports.

Thanks,
Jobin

Hi Jobin,

Have you known anyone refused a medical certificate, due to high BP?? Seems new to me... We had a couple of new employees and one middle aged person, who was lean but I think had a higher than normal BP .... Didnt seem to have an issue with the Medical Clearance.....

Thanks for sharing the info :)

Rammy

Hi Rammy,

I was also shocked I when I came to know about this. But yes it's true one of my friend who's went for a medical test for Oman.He has experienced this. In some of the GAMCA Centers they also check Cholesterol. They said that Visa process is getting more stringent.

Thanks,
Jobin

Sounds like a way to make more money by the GAMCA clinics and spreading irrational fears, the guidelines are set by the GCC Medical Council, not by the clinics themselves.... if some do additional tests, then they are clearly playing on the minds of hapless laborers.... I bet they charge extra to keep the Cholesterol reports from not appearing as well.....

hi there
I'm from India and on family visiting visa for 3 months. I got an offer here for that they told me to change family visa into employment.

I done my medical and considered to be fit from Bombay clinic. I submitted my medical. to the employer and he tried too much to change my family visa into employment but he failed badly.

meantime I got to know that the above employer and his firm is no good as professional. so I'm planning to apply for other job.

now my question is if I get another offer , does it require me to go another medical test or whether the previous medical report is valid.

I like to tell you that I don't want to go to the first employer and ask medical report. instead I'm planning to get duplication of my report from the Bombay clinic. the medical report is one and a half month old to this date. ie 18-4-14.

please guide me thank you.

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

Your medical report comes with a 3-month validity period. On expiry, a new report would be expected. Not otherwise.

can a duplicate copy from the clinic is valid

Clinics will not have a problem giving you another report - withot mentioning it as duplicate - for an extra fee.

ok fine but if I exit and come back then the officials consider it as valid.

The medical report is good for 3 months, irrespective of entry / exit / different employer / whatever.

i just applied for a visa for muscat , do i have to take my medical test before visa process r after i get my visa .

gomathihr wrote:

i just applied for a visa for muscat , do i have to take my medical test before visa process r after i get my visa .

As you say, if you have applied for a visa for Muscat then it can't be an employment visa, for employment visas can be applied on your behalf only by your employer who would be your local sponsor.

If you have applied for a visit visa, then you do not need to produce medical reports.

Thanks Sumitran, I have applied only for visit visa.

I have a issue with m hair . m loosing it. Should it b a problem in medical checkup. Pls reply m very much worried

vicky maan wrote:

I have a issue with m hair . m loosing it. Should it b a problem in medical checkup. Pls reply m very much worried

Hi vicky maan,

Hair loss should be the least of your worries, as long as your internal organs are all working well !!

Relax.

Thanks for this post i have got very useful information regarding medical test through this post keep it up !