Just moved to perth and friendless

Living in South Perth 7 weeks now !! I know still counting . I have two small boys . they are loving the lifestyle and thriving.My eldest is in Kindy .
It is very expensive to live here but the salaries reflect that too. There are ways to do things cheaper and every week someone gives you a tip.
Starting to make friends and people have been so friendly and kind .Delighted we made the move but do really miss my friends and family from home .

ruthbrophy wrote:

Hi, I arrived in Perth 3 weeks ago,. Iam married with 2 small kids.  We are renting a house in the mellville city area:). I  Would reallly 
like to make a fewpals.

Hi,ruthbrophy!!!welcome to Perth!
We came to Perth in January and I know how you feel about friendless,especially when you have little ones.I have a 7.5 month old son. Where did you come from?how old are your kids?
Are you on facebook? If yes, there is a wonderful group there with mums and kids who came to Perth from different places and they always do meet ups ,so you could join them and start meeting new people!
[email protected]
Good luck!

Elena

Hi Elena.  Thanks for that will check it out.  I come from limerick.

Hi Ruth,

I am from Ireland ( Tipperary)  also. I moved here with my husband and daughter 7 months ago. I know how you feel and it's only now I am discovering this forum :-). How have you settled so far? Glad the weather has cooled ??

Anne

Hiya,

i'm really sorry i actually dont have a response for your question - but saw you were new to perth -  and wondered how u were finding it there - how u like it?

i am 31, also with 2 small kids and me and my husband and 2 kids are look to immigrate to perth.  we r used to life in san francisco..usa and since moving back to the uk - we dont exactly love it!
any info about your move and life in oz would be great! hope u meet people soon - if we get our visa's it wont be for a while - but maybe we can make friends?
thanks sophie

Hi Sophie, 
I suppose its too early to say if I like it or not.  We are here just 7 weeks. The weather is cool enough but very pleasant. 
Lifestyle for kids is fantastic.
very expensive even though they say the wages reflect this,  you still wouldn't be eating out alot.
I have to say people have made a big effort to be fruendlyand every week gets better.
Keep me posted on what you decide to do and if there is anything I an do to help let me know.
Ruth

hey ruth,

i just noticed some of your other posts - you r from limerick - my husband is irish - from donegal -  small world.

wow 7 weeks... its great you say it is great for kids - can i ask in what way?
what are the things u find most positives and negative about it all so far? what line of work are u in or your husband?
and it is expensive hey? compared to ireland ?

where abouts are you living? are an of your kids at school?

sorry to bombard you with questions - just really keen to find out more!

thanks for the reply
sophiexx

Shazaming wrote:

Hi Ruth,

I am from Ireland ( Tipperary)  also. I moved here with my husband and daughter 7 months ago. I know how you feel and it's only now I am discovering this forum :-). How have you settled so far? Glad the weather has cooled ??

Anne

Hi Anne , the weather certainly has cooled but I find it very pleasant . A fine summers day in Ireland .
Things are getting better all the time so really starting to settle. Where i Perth are you ?

Sophie Daly wrote:

hey ruth,

i just noticed some of your other posts - you r from limerick - my husband is irish - from donegal -  small world.

wow 7 weeks... its great you say it is great for kids - can i ask in what way?
what are the things u find most positives and negative about it all so far? what line of work are u in or your husband?
and it is expensive hey? compared to ireland ?

where abouts are you living? are an of your kids at school?

sorry to bombard you with questions - just really keen to find out more!

thanks for the reply
sophiexx

Hi Sophie , regarding the kids I suppose the fact that they are outside so much . everywhere you go there are fantastic playgrounds . The place overall is very child friendly and family orientated .
We are living in south perth in mount pleasant we are renting for the moment .
Oscar my eldest is in kindy and loves it .
It is way more expensive than Ireland . Iwould say about 50 percent more but the wages do seem to reflect that. Clothes are a horrendous price .
I am getting my mother to do clothes shopping for me in Ireland and send them over .
I am not working at the moment , my youngest is just 7 months old and we are still settling in.My husband is working with a bank in the city.
Hope I have answered your questions,
regards Ruth

hi girls myself my partner and two small kids are moving to perth in the coming mon ths. i come from tipperary and am a bit of a home bird... have ye found it hard to settle... im both nervous and excited... did ye bring much with ye wen ye moved.. id be glad of any info

Hello denise-lyons & welcome to Expat.com!;)

I may suggest you to start a new thread on the Perth forum for better visibility.

Harmonie.:)

Hi Denise , real homebird myself too. There is no escaping the fact
that the first few months are hard . We arrived blind with a few suitcases and two small kids . We are coming out the other end now and we are only here 3 months .
We sent a container ahead of us which only arrived a few weeks ago.
If there is anything I can help you on let me know . Ruth x

Hi Denise,
I came over nine months ago with husband and daughter. We arrived with just our suitcases but that worked fine for us as we rented out our house furnished in Ireland and moved into a furnished house over here. As for the kids they will love it as there are loads of parks ... Not like in Ireland- I am from near Thurles and had to travel to Templemore to get a decent park! Good luck with the move over here!
Regards,
Anne

For families with young children something like Play Group can be good. The kids get to play with kids there own age, and the moms get to sit and chat and make friends.

Hi Ruth-are you still interested in finding a few more friends? We have 2 little ones and live in Alfred Cove! Our eldest is in Kindy too..have you settled a bit now? How are you finding it?

Ladies there is a growing network of Irish ladies over here with families. On Facebook find us at Irish Mammies in Perth.

Hello guys,

What about an Expat-Blog meet up in perth??? What do you think? I guess it will be a good opportunity to widen our social expat circle!

hi ruth my name is jessica and im from mullingar westmeath,my partner and i and our 2kids aged 2nhalf and 3nhalf are emigrating to perth in jan we wer living in brisbane for 2yrs and came bak to ireland in oct to activate our perm residency .i hope u dont mind me writing to u as we no nothin about perth would you be able to put me in d rite direction on how to get accomadation as iv emailed alot of real estates and no reply and is their much work in perth my partners a shuttering carpenter and im an assistant nurse.hope u and ur family have aa nice xmas,if you can help at all my email add is [email protected] jessica