New in Bangalore!

Hi,

I will move to Bangalore shortly and would love to meet other expats there.

Cheers,
Lia

Welcome on board Lia!

Hi Lia,

I have been living in Bangalore for 7 months now and I am very happy here. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have (to the best of my ability anyway!)

-Cindy

Hi all,

I will be new there in December. I'm from New York City and am coming over with my Indian partner who is native to Bangalore. He suggested I reach out to some ex-pats and see what they had to say about how life has changed for them since they moved there.
So, here I am! I'm excited to come over, and wonder if anyone has any suggestions about things they wished they would have done or brought from the US BEFORE they left. ;)

Thanks anyone!

Hi I am Genevieve, been in Bangalore for 6 months, looking for work as an accountant, it has been a nightmare as no company will take me without a work visa,

what do i do!!! help as i want to stay in Bangalore.

Hi everybody, I am coming over to Bangalore in July, I will be teaching in a school for a month. In that time I want to look around and try to work out what the place is like and see how I can find a job there. I would be grateful for any tips or suggestions anybody would like to make

Hi Darryl,
          Would be happy to help you in any way i can. I have a friend who works with a manpower consultancy firm, im sure she might be able to fit you in somewhere. Let me know if that will help so i can put you in touch with her. All the best.
Regards,
Eric.

P.S. Let me know if you also need help with accommodation and transport.

Hi,
I am moving to Banaglore in a few weeks! Very excited. 
However, I really do need help in finding housing accomodations, medical insurance, and learning about the ins and outs about the city.
Pls respond!
D

Hi, you can email me on [email protected] if you need any further help or info with your relocation or on Bangalore. Take Care, Regards, Eric.

If you are in Bangalore I would also like to give you the advice to have a look at the free classifieds site

It is very popular in Bangalore, but used by people all over India to buy and sell things and services.

Regards,
Raj

Hello
I will be moving to India for at least a year or two beginning next April. Have decided to move to Bangalore because of the more moderate weather.  I was hoping someone could give me suggestions related to choosing neighborhoods, and how to find an apartment?  Can probably spend up to 20000INR per month in rent. Looking for an area that has markets and cheap eats within walking distance.

20000 INR is too much for a rented house. You can get a single bed room house for around 5000 INR in and around rajajinagar. All the happening places are very nearby to this and area and it has a lot of good eating places. Let me know if you are interested ???

Shiv Kumar

Shiv

Thanks for the tip. From what research I could do online the neighborhood you mention looks interesting. 

I'm also looking at an area called J P Nagar.  Do you, or anyone else on this forum know anything about it?

JP Nagar is also a nice place, if you can let me know where is your work place i can suggest you the best place.

Hi

We are looking for people with Spanish editing and writing capabilities to provide Publishing services in Spanish.

We are a reputed 30 year old organisation based in Bangalore.

Please let me know if you would be interested.

Regards
Vikas