Labor Ministry announces new Nitaqat Scheme

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article452690.ece

DAMMAM: The Labor Ministry announced on Saturday that private companies in the green and premium categories — the companies who are abiding by Saudization rules or who have exceptional track records in this regard — would enjoy a lot of benefits and incentives from Sept. 10 for their efforts in employing more Saudis.

It said companies would be able to know their position by visiting the ministry's website www.mol.gov.sa

The website is clogged with hits and has probably exceeded its band with. Very difficult to access it. Imagine 10 million expats trying to log in?

How dumb can anyone be?

http://mol.gov.sa/Services/Inquiry/NonS … quiry.aspx

This is the full link

The website is in Arabic.

So for those who dont understand Arabic:

- You enter your iqama number in the 2nd box on the right.

- you enter you nationality (drop down box) 3rd line left hand   side. (look at the Nationality in Arabic on your Iqama and match with the option in the drop down box)

Well I dont know about all of you, But I might have to take an extended leave in November if this thing is strictly implemented. hmmm.. Looks like I will have to make exit strategies.

Thats exactly what many folks whom I know are also saying. Just found out that The Arab National Bank is classified as RED, yikes! Imagine the rest of the Baqala's?

Also just called few expat friends and checked, all of them are indicating RED.

Funnily mine is NOT showing ANY color at all. Phew! Does that make me a local by any chance for the three decades I have spent in the Kingdom?

Nevermind , this does apply on people with student ikama

me too RED!!! lol... well if it was was students, why will it show color to any of us?? it shudnt have shown color at all

shahab.ali wrote:

me too RED!!! lol... well if it was was students, why will it show color to any of us?? it shudnt have shown color at all

i didnt even try it , i realise as a student , i  officially dont work , i can get one of my colleagues to do so

the one who'll be severely suffering from this law is Expat.com

Looks like the website has stopped providing the colour status today.

Now, only the labour-card number.

Xtrem wrote:
shahab.ali wrote:

i didnt even try it , i realise as a student , i  officially dont work , i can get one of my colleagues to do so

Guys,

Student here? Studying what?

The company I work for is regularly nailed by the Ministry of Labor for its non-compliance to saudization ratios (10% in our case). We already experience many problems/delays with renewal of Iqamas for expats.

Turn out mine is red too ,the company gave us legal papers to sign , in order to preserve it's secrets and never leave without their permission
i dont see the saudi government retracting on this , this is gonna hit the economy so hard, as from now on , people should stop investing money .

For me its not showing any colour. Please any one please help.

Dependents and domestic expat labor do not come under this scheme and will be NO color indicated when the Iqama number is tested on the website.

I still cant understand why mine is not showing any color since my sponsor is a registered consulting company with just me and my Saudi sponsor only (2 employees) which makes us 50% Saudi compliant.

Also Govt agencies are not in the scheme.

Has anyone on expat-blog got a GREEN response from the MOI website yet?

yep.

Green for me (Saudi Investment Bank)

Riyad Bank is red, Alinma- Platinum (Mumtaz)

MM- you have been in the system long enough to know this is another way to get bring a smile for the locals and make some more......

musicman wrote:

Dependents and domestic expat labor do not come under this scheme and will be NO color indicated when the Iqama number is tested on the website.

I still cant understand why mine is not showing any color since my sponsor is a registered consulting company with just me and my Saudi sponsor only (2 employees) which makes us 50% Saudi compliant.

have i said this before? hmm maybe not here (but on facebook)...i heard from a govt source that everyone's status is red until they review your company...they haven't scanned all companies yet...so you have to wait

But mine has NO color at all. Does that mean I am not in KSA?

MM- i would still call it a system error or upgrade. Hold your horses and everything will be clear soon.

OK, that's a definite possibility based on the absolutely torrid performance of all the MOI websites and their links over the past months that I have experienced.

Mind you the system was developed and installed by Atos Origin a UK based software house, now bought over by HP. I bet it must cost two arms and two legs?

musicman wrote:

But mine has NO color at all. Does that mean I am not in KSA?

that means u r a student still ;)
MOI site goes by heart, not by age

:P