Coming out to Riyadh

Hi
We're contemplating coming out to Riyadh and would like any feedback from expats about the lifestyle out there, in particular for women (my wife) to help us make that final decision.

It is the best place for people who are looking for good linked family environment. It is totally new life style which you will not forget it in whole your life. The 100% holiest Islamic land in the wolrd.

well jamilian
i have been living in riyadh for the past 6yrs now n had gr8 fears about its life n the stuck up attitudes or the suffocation i would face but had no choice since my hubbyu was working here n i had to be with him even if it meant living in hell n then this was only saudi arabia..lolz... anyway,to be honest life is fabulous heren sincei see u r british u might be looking to live in a compound and for sure u have a proper gym,market,pool,nursery etc available there n lots of ppl u can party with or hang out n make friends with...
out of the compound life... u r free to go to the markets n ur wife only needs to wear a gown(abaya) here n its not necessary tht she cover her head or hide her face...(its not a taboo here unlike wht we heard b4)the only problem is that females cant drive which tends to be a bit frustrating at times since men r usually busy but then ifu can afford a driver hire one(costs abt SR 1500-1800 or less; all depends)on the contratry there r taxi services that u can hire n ladies usually go with other friends in a group as well
one last thing i read u r interested in scuba diving etc so u wont miss tht too since u can enjoy them in dammam,khobar n jeddah...
good luck n hope it was of help to u

Hi Bni,

Your input is very refreshing and helpful. I will be moving out to Riyadh soon and will need a driver to take my family around. I see you mentioned it costs under SR 1,800/month (depending on other factors). Do you know if people usually provide accommodation to their drivers as well, or is it a matter of drivers coming into the compound every morning. Just wanted to know how the logistics work with drivers.

Cheers