Test the expat blog free platform

Hi there,

we are not far from realeasing our own blog platform, dedicated to expatriates.

It's not completely ready, but we would really appreciate if you could help us in testing the platform. So do not hesitate to create one 'testing' blog there and to give us your opinion :)

The platform is based on an open source component, as other parts of the website. The component is LifeType

Little by little, we'll add more templates and plugins.

At the moment we've concentrated on:

> anti spam systems,

> google analytics integration (one of the best free statistics tool available),

> the sociable plugin (that creates links to social bookmarking sites).

Note that the platform is available for testing only (at the moment), we'll delete everything in a couple of weeks.

Please report any problem, and our english mistakes in this same topic :)

Thanks in advance for your help, we hope you'll enjoy what we're doing...

the blog platform(in english)

la plataforma de bitacoras(en Español)

la plateforme de blog d'expatriés(en Français)

OK Julien, I had a go...the test blog is there, I left comments in the blog as I tried it, but also...could we lift photos direct from our computers, or only those posted on the web?  Also a view blog button would be cool...I know that when you get to know the system better, that becomes less of an issue...I just had a little trouble finding it once I posted....I am not the most computer savvy in the world, but not a bumbling idiot either, so maybe a touch more in our faces?????  I like the idea, and it is mostly great....looks wonderful.  You have integrated some very cool tools.  Thanks for the work.

Thanks Oreneta!

About the pictures, have you seen the resources section? You can create albums, and upload pictures to it (or any other file type, as long as it is not too big).

About moving to expat-blog.net, I don't know how difficult it could be. I have to check  that with lifetype's development team.

I'll have a look to the other issues ...

Ehm... I was trying the platform (just really trying -messing around actually-, I have friends that could use an Expat.com !) and I wanted to delete the blog I created... How do I do that ? Maybe I haven't looked everywhere :-|

Actually, I never figured out how a member could delete his blog... I'll try to find out very soon! Otherwise just tell me the name of the blog and I will delete it.

:gloria "En vadrouille"... thanks !!

Next time, I won't play around...

I do not want my blog to be found on Google search engine. How can I get rid of that?

Is your blog on www.expat-blog.net? A while ago, I thought I should install a "private plugin", it might be time for me to do it :)

Can you create blogs on this site or do you have to add one from another site please help as i would love to make one here

inscriptions on our blog platform are currently not opened (maintenance reasons), I suggest you to try blogger.com or wordpress.com

Julien wrote:

Hi there,

we are not far from realeasing our own blog platform, dedicated to expatriates.

It's not completely ready, but we would really appreciate if you could help us in testing the platform. So do not hesitate to create one 'testing' blog there and to give us your opinion :)

The platform is based on an open source component, as other parts of the website. The component is LifeType

Little by little, we'll add more templates and plugins.

At the moment we've concentrated on:

> anti spam systems,

> google analytics integration (one of the best free statistics tool available),

> the sociable plugin (that creates links to social bookmarking sites).

Note that the platform is available for testing only (at the moment), we'll delete everything in a couple of weeks.

Please report any problem, and our english mistakes in this same topic :)

Thanks in advance for your help, we hope you'll enjoy what we're doing...

the blog platform(in english)

la plataforma de bitacoras(en Español)

la plateforme de blog d'expatriés(en Français)

Hi there,

I am a Britsh Colombian citizen living in Barcelona,,,,I would like to hear from you.

Cheers,

Fabio

Hi Fabio!

Maybe you should post on the Barcelona forum to talk to members near you ;)

Regards
Armand

Meet expats all over the world

OR