Participants needed for a research project - "Workers in the Wild"

Dear reader,

My name is Carmen Varga and I am currently a Master's student at the University of Dundee in Scotland. At the moment, we are engaged in an exciting ethnographic masters project entitled “Workers in the Wild.” Along with our industry partners Swisscom, Intel, Fjord, and Brightsolid, our team of three students will be conducting two months of field research looking at how individuals migrate from one working environment to another. Specifically, we are interested in candidates who:

A: Work Primarily in the Berlin metropolitan area, but consider their home to be elsewhere.

or

B: Can easily answer the question, “Where is your office?”, but also conduct some work on the train, at airports, at home, in coffee shops, while commuting, etc.

or

C: Have no fixed location (or home base) from where they work.

or

D: Have more than one permanent place of work and/or home.

If you feel like you or someone you know might fit into one of these categories, have something to offer this study, or just want to learn more, please do not hesitate to get in touch at [email protected] . This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a high-impact global research project and we look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you and wish you the very best,

Carmen Varga

Hi Carmen Varga,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

Hej Carmen,

Unfortunately I don't live in Berlin, but I'm a mobile worker, mainly in Denmark, but also in other places in Europe.

Best regards,

Jolande

Hi Christine! Thanks for your welcome message! :)

Jolande, thanks for answering! Sounds like you have an exciting life, travelling around Europe for your job! Any chance you're coming to Germany in June? If so, would be great to meet you! :)