Puerto Princesa

Anyone here who had been to Puerto Princesa? Do you know any hotel near Sabang? Any advice on traveling alone in that place? Where can I contact local tour service? I appreciate any advice that you can share.Thank you.

Hi sybel_23!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

hello sybel_23! :)

how about checking it on lonelyplanet.com?

u can gather there lots of info concerning your trip.

regards.

hi sybel_23..

hope this one can help....

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1066071-Sabang_Mindoro-Hotels.html

have a nice and safe trip....:)

Will check lonelyplanet.com soon...thanks for that @funkydelicguy
@kier...Is Sabang in Mindoro? I'm going to Sabang Puerto Princesa where the Underground River is located....anyway, will check the site that you gave. Thanks.

Hopefully...thanks Armand.

:).. u can try this one too..

travel-philippines.com/locations/palawan/3-sabang.htm

Thanks Kier...the site u gave is helpful
@funkydelicguy - super like the lonelyplanet.com

Hello sybel,
i have been to puerto and Sabang in april 2011. Very nice places!!!
In puerto, we have sleep in the "Ibiscus Garden hotel". Very interesting price, very nice and quite bedroom, very nice garden...
I recommended it, realy
In Sabang, we have find the most wonderfull room and place in te world! ;) "Bambua Park resort"!!! Reserved the "Lotus Room" and enjoy!! ;) 
Palawan is a realy nice place where i comeback as fast as i can!
Bye

If you go to the Bambua park resort, can you say "hello" from fred and Laeti please! ;) The name boss is andre and he's a faboulus guy!
thx bye

Okay, I will check out that hotel and sure if ever I come to Bambua Park Resort I will say hello to andre.

Hy Sybel,
If you will sleep in Sabang there are places you can spend the night, Sheridan
is the most modern and of course expensive. On eating after
the river trip I highly recommend Tarao, they serve buffet type
around $5 US  or order if there is more than 2 of you. Not
impressive outside but very tasty food. if you like veggie
dont miss chop suey with young coconut meat. Very delicious.
A must see if you have time Is Honda bay or El Nido 5 to 6 hours
from Puerto P but nice. Honda bay is 30 minutes drive from Puerto and less sites to see compared to El Nido and while in Honda go to Bato Bato  nice corals and colorful fish etc.
Pension Houses are similar to Bed and Breakfast or motels. Prices
are 1/3 or 1/2 the hotel are charging. Most are nice and clean.
Have a good trip.

Wow! That's interesting...chop suey with young coconut meat...this is something new in the Philippines I guess.I should taste it when I get there. Yes, I'm also thinking of island hopping in Honda bay but I didn't expect that it will take 5-6 hours to reach that place from Puerto Princesa (???) I'm getting excited about my trip there with all the information you shared. Thanks a lot.

The main drag, three-kilometre-long Rizal Avenue, is a deafening jumble of tricycles spewing noxious fumes. There are a few sights around Puerto Princesa, but hardly any in the city itself, which is why I treat it as a one night stopover.Seriously,I stay at least 30 minutes away from Rizal ave . If I wanted bad smells and noisy crowds I would just go to Manila.
  The Microtel is reasonably priced and not bad overall...Asiaworld resort is pricey but NICE.

TheOtherGuy wrote:

The main drag, three-kilometre-long Rizal Avenue, is a deafening jumble of tricycles spewing noxious fumes. There are a few sights around Puerto Princesa, but hardly any in the city itself, which is why I treat it as a one night stopover.Seriously,I stay at least 30 minutes away from Rizal ave . If I wanted bad smells and noisy crowds I would just go to Manila.
  The Microtel is reasonably priced and not bad overall...Asiaworld resort is pricey but NICE.

Hhmmm...your experience sounds awful. Anyway, these things aren't new to me...I should expect this kind of situation especially in the downtown area. I just wish it won't be rainy (and no typhoon!)by the time I get there.

Anyone who will come to Puerto Princesa this July? Let's meet up there.

HI Sybel..Hope you will enjoy your trip in Puerto Princesa in Palawan. Also please help Save our nature. Please vote online to notomininginpalawan.com signature camping. Thank you!

honeyclotte wrote:

HI Sybel..Hope you will enjoy your trip in Puerto Princesa in Palawan. Also please help Save our nature. Please vote online to notomininginpalawan.com signature camping. Thank you!

Will do that..Thanks.

Great choice Sybel..

Palawan is definitely the most beautiful island in the Philippines, just make sure you get a malaria shot because the mosquitoes there are bigger than the average ...

I've backpacked the entire Palawan Island for a month. Don't forget to visit the most famous cave in Busuanga - it is breathtaking :)

There are accommodations there even if you don't prebook, you will always find something. The people in Palawan are very friendly and accommodating.

Thank you for the advice and information. I will include anti-mosquito lotion or spray in my 'things to bring' and no more shorts, mini skirt, and sleeveless shirts :)

I'm looking forward to this travel adventure because of the positive comments that I'm getting. I really hope I will enjoy it.