Hi Indians in Indonesia

Hello
This Is Muneeb am Indian but was living in Dubai UAE since last 9 years my and am working for one of the German medical laser manufacturing company, and company wanted to started the branch office in Indonesia and they offered me this task I readily agreed and my previous experience was Area Manger for Dubai branch where I was covering middle east and now my responsibilities will be Area Manager GCC + Director Indonesia branch so I accepted the offer, being into sales I feel it was a challenging task for me, and now am in Jakarta we have seen the office place in Jalan Paneran Antasari, and for my stay am in Kemang vista residence which is 20min drive from my place to office.
Very soon am planning to bring my family and am feeling alone I couldn't find a single Indian around me since last 4 days am here I would like you to tell me which will be the best place for me to stay with our Indian community and can be with our culture n style and as I realized the traffic is very horrible so please let me know the clear information keeping this also in mind how will it be and which will be the best location most important to be with our community.
Thanks n Regards
MMK

Hi Muneeb,

How are you? Hope you're liking Jakarta. my husband works here and I moved here a couple of years ago. A huge expatriate Indian community lives in Pondo Kindah and Permata Hijau as these two areas are very close to Jakarta International school (JIS). Lots to do in these residential areas. Kemang is a nice area too but because the roads are so narrow the traffic is far worse in Kemg as compared to these areas.

U can also consider Simprug (very huge indian community) and Senayan area. Hope this helps.

Pia

Hi Tutor,
Am doing good i like Jakarta only thing is i need to devlope lot of friends here for getting enjoyed here, my familly and my Mother will join be soon.
Many thanks for your valuable information, surely it is helpfull to know where our community stays i will try and look this area's is it possible if you can let me know how much will it cost to have 2br flat or house in those area, as i learnt if i try n find myself being an expatrat i will be charged high and if i know exactly what is the cost it would be help for me to do nego
And once again thanks for your support, convey my regards to your husband also.
Warm Regards
Muneeb

aslamualikum muneeb .here is sohail malik you should go to kemyoran area there is one indian school you will find lot of indian peoples and you can get 2 bed appartment there.inshalla you will find some good people around.allha hafiz see you soon there

Hi,

I heard Permata Hijau is 1500-1800 for a 2 BHK and Pondok kindah should be around 2000.  P'Indah becomes expensive because its because the American school is in P'indah.

Senayan area should be 1500-1800 for a two BHK. I kind of don't know how much Simprug should be. I don't think a 2 BHK should cost more than this. Cheera

Forgive the slight stereotype here please but I'm still trying to find a place that does half reasonable Indian food without charging the earth for it.
I'm guessing where ever there's an Indian community, they'll be restaurants to service their wants.
Suggestions welcome - I love Indian (especially North Indian) food.

Hello all...

I think india comunity in Jakarta stay around pluit, sunter, kemayoran, and Rasuna Kuningan (pasar festival)area...

But you can make a friendship with anyone. right?

as a foreigner in indonesia mybe this words is good for you to start the day in this country ...Dimana tanah dipijak, disitu langit dijunjung! :)

For Mas Fred : i love india food too, usualy i go to komalas resto in sarinah / Koh - e - nor resto in pasar festival kuningan / Namaste Hindustan - near Setiabudi )

Bless all

Thanks @ English Teacher
@) Mas Fred Hope you will get the information and same i can
@Thecinnamonjourney, am very open to be friendship with any nice human being, i would like you to tell us what is the reason of your to shift to India and which city means do you have a job there or what so that we can guide you fully.
GOd Bless All

Muneeb

For now i only frequently travel to your country :)

hi everybody i want learn bhasa someone can help me thanks.

hello everyone,

Yes all these areas as suggested by everyone are good for the food there are Indian restaurants.

Royal Kitchen(Ballagio mall - Kunningan), Namaste Hindustan, Kohe-noor (Near epi centrum mall), Komolas (Sarina).

I'm from delhi. I was also associated with healthcare too in Inida, We relocated here are my hubby got a job here.

Nidhi

hi everyone....i love jakarta and have visited it thrice over the last two years. i am looking for a job so i can relocate. can anyone please suggest some good recruiting agency .

thanks

I'm going to wander to one of those restaurants the next time I'm in the city.
I know where pasar festival is so I'll probably end up there.

There is a vegetarian Indian restaurant at Thamrin next to Dunkin Doughnuts which was ok. The Curry house at Pasar Festival looks good and I have heard good things about it.
There is a Pakistani restaurant near chitos I have seen. I still enjoy the curries at Eastern Promise. There is a better one opposite EP again I have been told good things but yet to go in.

nidhibehl5 wrote:

hello everyone,

Yes all these areas as suggested by everyone are good for the food there are Indian restaurants.

Royal Kitchen(Ballagio mall - Kunningan), Namaste Hindustan, Kohe-noor (Near epi centrum mall), Komolas (Sarina).

I'm from delhi. I was also associated with healthcare too in Inida, We relocated here are my hubby got a job here.

Nidhi

for me i love ganesa (opposite to semanggi) especially saturday n sunday buffet. To stay i prefer taman rasuna thn other place

Hi Indians,
I just moved to Jakarta from Delhi, India and staying at  Ballagio in Mega Kuningan area. I am on a business assignment to set up business for Federal Mogul, a US based company dealing in autoparts.
I am looking for connections in the community for networking.
Thanks

Hi,
I have recently moved to Jakarta couple of days ago. The struggle I am going through now is finding a vegetarian restaurant. I am staying near Senopati area.

Any Indian/vegetarian places nearby?

Can you also suggest a good area to stay or serviced apartment in Jakarta South in Pejatan Barat or Mampang area? what should be the cost?

Thank you all.

Greetings!  I am a regular traveler to Jakarta.  Looking to try Indonesian Indian food prepared by local Indians who call Indonesia their home.  Which part of Jakarta  is their hang out from food, temple, shopping etc.

Thank you.
Nithy

Hi all
I moved with my hubby & kids to Jkt 2 years bk & m currently residing in Kuningan which has a huge Indian community with good podium facility where the kids really njoii playing. The only problem is the schools r pretty far from the area.
There are lot of indian restaurants in Jkt like Lemint-Sunter, Ganesha in Kemang & Bri,Namaste Hindustan,Man Aur Tan in Hotel Manhattan, Komalas in Thamrin, Queen's Tandoor-Thamrin,Dapoer Bollywood in Pasar Festival.There is also Gokul in pasar baroe which no one really knows abt but it serves decent food-3rd floor of wijaya music store.
Hope this info is useful to anyone looking out for similar things.
Cheers & njoii.

Thank you.  Will check it out

Hi.. im maha.
Im working woman.
I hate alone too.
Lets do friends.. if u interest pls call me to +62878-7655-0301.
Welcome to Indonesia.
Xo

ti_maha, giving your telephone number out on a public forum is not the wisest of ideas. Maybe you should revise your post.

Hello by the way

Hi.. oh i see.
But no problem for me if someone want makin friends.
Thanks for advice..

The moderators and other posters here will also advise you to do the same. It's a very dangerous thing to do. But its up to you. Oh, Define "friends"

[Moderated: post job offer in Jobs in Jakarta section pls]

Hi I am new to Jakarta & all alone...Will any one guide me get a 1 BHK furnished apartment in Central Jakarta in Indian Society...

Let's have a get together. What say? Lunch??

Hi All.

I am looking for a 1 BHK or a shared accomodation near Pondok Aren Tangerang Selatan Area.

I am on a short trip of 3-4 months, so I need a home close to my office ( PT Hero Corp/Giant Super Market in Pondok Aren, Tangerang Selatan, 15224) without much of travel.

Please help me

hi sir. you can go pasar bahru area. there are lots of indian people. there one sikh temple.

Hi Gulkhan786,

Please note that your posted on a very old thread (2011).

Why don't you start a new discussion on the Jakarta forum to share any advice or information?

Thank you,

Hasnaa

malikengland wrote:

hi everybody i want learn bhasa someone can help me thanks.

Hi Malik :) Do you need a bahasa Indonesia tutor  ?
Best regards,

Angela

Hello everyone,
I had to travel here for an urgent business... i will need to open an account with bca and mandiri too, to make payments to my suppleirs... they asked me for kims/Kitas... i wanna know how do i get it here in jakarta... and is the procedure long?... also i would want to if there are any exhibitions help for exporters tjo explore indonesian market... i do not know where to start from... please guide... Cheers :)

Avish Khetan wrote:

Hello everyone,
I had to travel here for an urgent business... i will need to open an account with bca and mandiri too, to make payments to my suppleirs... they asked me for kims/Kitas... i wanna know how do i get it here in jakarta... and is the procedure long?... also i would want to if there are any exhibitions help for exporters tjo explore indonesian market... i do not know where to start from... please guide... Cheers :)

Why you must make payments to your suppliers from BCA and Mandiri and can not do it from the bank in your home country ??

If you live and work in Indonesia and do business here you need a work permit, that's very simple. If you visit here for short period of time for business purpose make sure you have the right visa

Anyone knows what happen to Samy's Curry House in SCBD and Gandaria ?

Thx...i need a friend around here too...my personel email: [email protected] i will gv my number as soon i change to indonesia service provider... Thanks :)

ArvinZ wrote:

Thx...i need a friend around here too...my personel email: [email protected] i will gv my number as soon i change to indonesia service provider... Thanks :)

For security reasons please do not post personal contact details on an open forum.

Overheard by my wife yesterday at the Pasar Ubud (Ubud market):

"Yes, I am from India."

"Oh, wow, are you in the show Mahabharata?" 

Right now I would say that Indians are the most beloved foreign visitors to both Bali and Java.  It's amazing and the local broadcast TV stations are full of most anything Bollywood.

Hello everyone

I'm planning to move in Jakarta as a teacher in GMIS. Pls tell me what kind of a school is this in reputation wise. Secondly how is the Jakarta and Bali because most probably I will b getting transfer one of this place...being spinster I'm little worried too. Cost of living and average scale of earning ??

Thanks

Hai  , its better to find in kemayoran area in font of gandhi international schooll.there  is indian community there,,

can i contact .you Ti maha..let have a lunch or dinner..waiting yr confirmation..hhh. :)