Driving License

Hi Friends please guide me within how much time I can get my driving license in Oman and total cost all inclusive.

The truth is getting a driving licence in Oman is a huge hassle for Asian expatriates.
It takes time, costs money and is a pain !
Lately there are also lots of rumours of bribery playing a key role in getting the licence.
Best of luck !

hi,all

driving licence there is 2 way to get training  per 1 hour and full time if you  have knowlege about driving it will be easy and it not take  that much time,if you have no you have to take full time that mean till get licence drive.
the cost between 350 - 400 this is full time and for per hour 5 O.R   

( bribery ) not always a good way...

best regards & good luck
Ammar

thanks for the info...can you tell me within how much duration i can get license if already i know driving.

hi

good for you you will go direct to test in the road and maybe 2 - 3 weeks because in muscat you have to wait if you are not pass around 1 week to book for next test.

regards

If all goes well, it would be a minimum of about 2-3 months before you can get your driving licence. If you fail the Road test once, to get the next test date will take a minimum of a month because of the rush. So assuming that you pass the Drum test and then the Slope test, then Road might take a couple of tires. Factoring in loads of luck of course !!

Hi,all

my friend he is Asian he got licence in 1 month maximum but only road test so from my side i think it is easy but need more practic...

regards
Ammar

In case you've not arrived yet to Oman, I would suggest that you get yourself an ‘International Driving Licence' with which you can drive a 'rent-a-car' here.
This is valid for 1 year. You can gainfully use that time to apply, take your drum, slope and road tests and hopefully obtain a proper Omani driving licence.
Best of luck !

GETTING LICENSE IN OMAN IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR INDIANS. WHEN YOU DO DRIVING TEST THE POLICE WILL ALWAYS THINKING TO FAIL YOU BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GIVE STABLE INCOME TO OMANI DRIVING TRAINERS. THIS IS A GAME.THAT'S ALL.

james2011 wrote:

GETTING LICENSE IN OMAN IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR INDIANS. WHEN YOU DO DRIVING TEST THE POLICE WILL ALWAYS THINKING TO FAIL YOU BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GIVE STABLE INCOME TO OMANI DRIVING TRAINERS. THIS IS A GAME.THAT'S ALL.

I dont think so you have to do your best like others i know the problem for everybody they fear & worry a police man when he is inside the training car so if you can stop this thing you will pass belive me. it will not take much time

Regards
Ammar

Now the situation in oman is Alarming Omanization. This might cause the expats leave the country in another 5-10yrs. Many locals are actively taking their roles in work environment and ready to learn. It is hightime to save your money and return back to India soon..Unless you are confident on your driving and if you have Indian license, go ahead and get GCC License.

hi anybody knows if ROP converts international drivers license into omani license?thanks

Please tell me , How i can get driving licence in oman? ... where is office? Now am india driving licence Holder 14 Year Exp...what are procedure ......

kamal_d80 wrote:

Please tell me , How i can get driving licence in oman? ... where is office? Now am india driving licence Holder 14 Year Exp...what are procedure ......

All the details you need to know about getting an Omani driving licence have already been shared in great detail, in the 'Cars and Transportation' section of the forum. Please look it up.

Yes...!!!!
I think you are absolutely correct..!!
for me I'm driving very well I have 5 years old Indian D/L and I have more than 10 years driving experience. But still I have failed 5 times, the silly reason ROP giving me like : Steering straight, clutch problem, if I m driving fast why fast if slow drive fast etc etc…!!!

Hello there My Rules my way,

Just to inform you that this thread is inactive for more than a year. Here is a more recent thread where you might want to participate Today's article on Driving License in Times of Oman

All the best,
Bhavna

Can you tell me..
I have pakistani license so if i applu for omani license how many classes i have to attend and full cost of license

How true

Neilz wrote:

How true

Hi Neilz,

Perhaps you should first read the site's 'Code of Conduct' https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=192470 before you post these cryptic comments.

After driving test completed from where I can take my licence in muscat (address), is there any fees ?what documents again I have to present at the time of taking license? Does they accept cash or card?

You can take driving license from ROP offices  in Seeb and one in Ghala. Yes driving license has fee and shall be paid by Card only. The documents are minimal, you need to fill a form and attached copy of your ID & 02 passport size pics.