Medical for Amdinistrator & Secretarial job

Hi everyone,

I just want to ask the medical procedure in bahrain in getting a residence visa , do they check for hepa. b if your line of work is administrator or secretary?

Please let me know.

gerranded

Hi Gerryanded and welcome to the forum,

According to my knowledge, it depense more on your country of origin than on your job here, even though some jobs require more medical investigations.
For instance if you come from India, Bengladesh for instance, you'll go through all the tests, specially TB, Hepatitis, Aids etc...
I'm French and have been through a very light medical check with no blood test at all.
Anyway, if you are positive with Hep B, it might compromise your chances to get a visa here.

Regards

Olivier

Hi Olivier-France,

Thank you for the reply, i come from the Philippines my work background is on Secretarial and administrative work in UAE?Will they check for Hepatitis B. I know the rules in UAE was amended already last August 2010 they implemented the hepatitis B check for specific type of Job and office works is not in the list.I hope this is the same in Bahrain too? You think my line of work need the hepatitis b check?

Thanks and best regards,

Gerranded

I tried to have more precise answer, but it cannot be a guaranty!
I seems that if your own country medical check don't show Hepatitis and if you're not working in food or medical sectors, you will not be checked when coming.
But again, I'm not the LMRA and I have no certainty about that, I can just report what happened to people I know.

Sorry I can't help you more...

Frindly yours

Olivier

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30461

comment allez vous monsieur? J'espere tous vas bien au Bahrain.

I can conclude from your contributions that you were asked to go medical check in France before traveling to Bahrain. Then followed by another test in Bahrain. Is this correct?

I'm considering moving to Bahrain but would worry a little because of my HBV case. Althoguh it is inactive case and I have wife and children who are free of it.

But one would never know if Bahrain authorities would give regards to these facts.

regards,

Olivier-France wrote:

I tried to have more precise answer, but it cannot be a guaranty!
I seems that if your own country medical check don't show Hepatitis and if you're not working in food or medical sectors, you will not be checked when coming.
But again, I'm not the LMRA and I have no certainty about that, I can just report what happened to people I know.

Sorry I can't help you more...

Frindly yours

Olivier

Hi Perdanasiswa,

Tout va bien merci :D
Your conclusions are correct, one has to go for a medical checkup in his country before coming and then face the same here.
I'm sorry to say that HBV is one of the reason for rejecting the visa request. I absolutely don't know if the circumstances you mentionned would be taken in account or not.
Do you have the job opportunity already in hands or it's still hypothetical ?

Friendly yours

Olivier

You are wrong the tests are same for all irrespective of nationality

There is no blood test for any person in Bahrain

Olivier-France wrote:

Hi Gerryanded and welcome to the forum,

According to my knowledge, it depense more on your country of origin than on your job here, even though some jobs require more medical investigations.
For instance if you come from India, Bengladesh for instance, you'll go through all the tests, specially TB, Hepatitis, Aids etc...
I'm French and have been through a very light medical check with no blood test at all.
Anyway, if you are positive with Hep B, it might compromise your chances to get a visa here.

Regards

Olivier

Hi Skprealty and welcome on the forum,

Thank you for correcting me when I'm wrong.
I was told that if you come from an endemic region for some diseases you had to go through blood tests.

Perhaps do you know about specific tests for some jobs like nurses or people working with food ?

Thanks for your input

Friendly yours

Olivier

Skprealty

Your post is so confusing, can you elaborate more. How come you are so sure?

Olivier-France wrote:

Hi Perdanasiswa,

Tout va bien merci :D
Your conclusions are correct, one has to go for a medical checkup in his country before coming and then face the same here.
I'm sorry to say that HBV is one of the reason for rejecting the visa request. I absolutely don't know if the circumstances you mentionned would be taken in account or not.
Do you have the job opportunity already in hands or it's still hypothetical ?

Friendly yours

Olivier

I'm close to getting an offer.

I have just come across the following link

http://blog.lmra.bh/en/archives/1099

which mentions HBV tests. However, the ending statment of this article is quite confusing. One cannot decide whether the article conclude that HBV tests are required from all professions or it is only required from certain categories.

Some one in Bahrain has to go and ask Imra directly.

For the benefit of everyone, I believe that this forum has to be moved under "Medical Tests for Bahrain residence visa" which already exists under Expat-Blog.

I wonder if one of the forum administrators can help us achieve this.

you mean a new discussion ? (I didn't understand)

The title of this forum makes it difficult for people to find it and participate in it. This discussion about medical tests in Bahrain is more relavant under another forum (see link)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30461