Wii or Xbox Kinect?

guys, which interactive video game console is better?
Wii or Xbox Kinect?

mmmmm.....
Which one?

I guess it'll be Xbox Kinect! Better graphics than Wii! Also it depends what kind of games you'd like to play!

Are there any games for xbox kinect available in KSA ?

seeker of truth wrote:

guys, which interactive video game console is better?
Wii or Xbox Kinect?

mmmmm.....
Which one?

I am also wondering what to get...so I will follow the comments also. I already have a ps3, and I am planning to get another console. I am attracted to the stair master workout/game of Wii, has anybody tried that, or is it all crap? The accessory is worth more or less SR 500.

Defintely xbox kinect, I had the wii for a year or so. Kinect takes gaming to a different level. The game dvd that comes with the kinect bundle is ok. Jarir Bookstore has couple of the new titles for kinect.

kinnect is an overall more interactive experiance.. but Wii is better overall.. imagine driving a car with holding an imaginary steering wheel.. with Wii you atleast have something to hold..

Given the right titles. I am sure Kinnect would be excellent as well.. but with the current ones available.. Wii would offer a better overall interactive gaming experiance..

the only problem with wii is that every time some or the other game comes out, they need a new accessory to play with it.. the best part of kinnect is the no accesory thing. and then I feel that operating something on screen without actually using any controls other than yourself is kinda fun.. You w8ill need a larger room though and also a good well lit one at that.

RedGoblin wrote:

the only problem with wii is that every time some or the other game comes out, they need a new accessory to play with it..

Interesting...rather than buying additional accessory, I can opt to buy another game.

I think games from PS3 has a release also in XBOX in their format so I can play the latest games also. But I think Nintendo has their own games, which is unique.

Wii is great.. my mum uses it for her yoga and exercise and stuff.. but I am an XBOX fan, have one have been playing on it for sometime now. Xbox has some serioussly good games, other than the ones that use kinnect, the noraml ones that use the controller and stuff.. the Kinnect ones, I dont have it yet., played one of them at a friends place and I feel that its a cool thing.

But then ultimately it all comes down to what you want, the games you want to play.

cheers!

I use Wii

Its great....a tip...you can load a software on Wii which then allows you to plan copy games...(copy games are SR10)

SaudiUK wrote:

I use Wii

Its great....a tip...you can load a software on Wii which then allows you to plan copy games...(copy games are SR10)

Is this like the custom firmware used in psp? I've heard that also, so that you can just download your favorite games. Is there a possibility of bricking your console?

And yes, that is a distinct advantage of the wii right now.. the XBox 360 the latest version is still to be cracked. so the duplicates wont work on it yet. but that is the key word. YET. give the hackers and crackers some time. they will get that done.

wii in my opinion. Even if a new accessory is needed, you usually can get it bundled with the game you want to buy. Its great to have something to hold on to as someone said earlier in this thread.

Considering more realistic, it is wii

Considering more likely in a virtual world, it is xbox kinect.

mmm...still which one?

@SaudiUK: cant i just download copy games instead buying it for 10sr..hehehe

SeaDimis wrote:

Are there any games for xbox kinect available in KSA ?

try to check jarir bookstore..i have seen a lot of games displayed for xbox kinect...

Having used both I must preface this by saying I'm not a gamer. I only use it to exercise. I used the wii at my sister's house for over a month. Having to hold something while doing kickboxing or jumping jacks or aerobics is not normal. I could also just sit on the sofa and move my arm and the wii thought I was working up a sweat when I really wasn't even moving my body.

The Kinect won't let you do that. If you are doing jumping jacks and only move one arm the Kinect will tell you to move the other arm or in another case lift your leg if you're not doing it correctly. There's no way to cheat on Kinect. You actually have to do the exercise correctly in order for it to continue or it will let you know.

I actually carry it with me back and forth to the States. I bought on Ebay a power supply for here so that stays here but everything else goes back home with me. I also bought EA Sports which has a heart monitor and that helps the program make me work harder. It's not enough for the Kinect to see the body moving, if it's not increasing your heartbeat then that means you're not doing it with the correct intensity so the program adjusts to that.

So for me since there's no way for me to get my exercise locally on a regular schedule I love the fact I can exercise for just 30 minutes at any time in my hotel room and get a great workout with the Kinect.

Wii  but will always be an xbox family.

You guys wont believe this but I was given a Xbox Live gold code and it got accepted! Got it at freexblgold.com