Gun laws?

I am thinking of moving part time to Ethiopia in order to take advantage of the benefits for people in the agricultural industry.

I am wondering if foreigners are allowed to own guns, as I would be spending considerable time in the countryside I would like to be able to carry.

if you are a Investor and especialy in agriculture it is possible for non ethiopians, but a big but I can not advise you, because if anything happen you are in Problems.

1. if you want to prtect your farm or Company geta profesional Service, out source this part, do not even give this Job to won staff members. If something happen you can protect better your self, the comany etc and as well you can Keep running your Business and not running around in Addis to solve all this mess.

2. myself is a hunter (at home in Germany) bút in Africa I can say Walking with out a gun is save, if some one wants to robb you, let him do but don t try to solve this with a gun.

3. if you carry a gun, it will only help you if you know how to use it and if you are willing to use it, if not it is very easy that the other will take over control of your own gun against you.

Oliver

PS remember you are not a local you are a guest