Expat clubs, portuguese classes

Hi,

I moved to Luanda a week ago and have heard there is a British womens expat group called LBW. The email address I had was out of date. Does anyone know how I can contact them? Or does anyone know of any other good expat groups?

Also does anyone know of language centres offering Portuguese classes for foreigners?

Thanks

Romana

Hi,

Have also just arrived in Luanda and am looking for information for Expat networks, clubs etc.

thanks
David

hi
i am also looking for a course of portuguese for foreigners-grammar and literature.  Do the local universities offer courses?

The Alliance francaise in Luanda is probably your best bet. I think the next course starts on 13th April.

Hy people, I am to go to Luanda during 10 days in the beginning of may. Is someone already introduce into an expat club ?

I will spent few days there and I would like to meet people in night clubs or something else...

I hope to read you soon...
Bye

Maybe the angola expat network could help? ;)

Hello all:

can someone of you please share the phone/email of Alliance française de Luanda, Angola as all phones that Google suggests are outdated?...

Rgds,
Konst

OK, if someone is interested:

Alliance Francaise de Luanda
Phones: (222) 321-1993, (222) 326-014, (222) 320-635
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Address: 12, Traversa do Bocage, Largo da Sagrada Familia

Thank you for your information.
They have website?
[Moderated: Unable to verify content of website] isn't working.

Hello,
I know of a few expat organizations in Launda. 

The first is the American Women's Association of Angola.  The web site is: awaangola.org/index.html This is a group of American women that have monthly meetings.  Through this group there are lots of smaller groups that go to local orphanages, volunteer for a variety of activites, etc. Their website also offers wonderful information about getting around Launda, things to do, etc.

There is also the Luanda British Women's Group.  This is a link to their blog: lbwangola.blogspot.com/p/luanda-british-women.html which also had an email address worth trying: [email protected] 

There is also TICA, The International Community of Angola, which is also a great organization.  You can contact them at [email protected]

Then, The Angola Field Group.  This is another wonderful group that offers very informative wonderful speakers.  Their website is: angolafieldgroup.com/ You can also email them at  [email protected]

If you are interested in "running" or entertainment there is the Luanda Hash Hound Harriers as well:  [email protected]

As far as Portuguese classes, I hear the Alliance Francais is great.  I am actually going this week to look into more information.  If you are interested, I can reply back with whatever I discover.

Going out:  the Ilha is the best place to go out, as well as meeting.seeing expats.  Some popular places are Chill Out, Miami, and Don Q.  Don Q is actually located in town and more locals. 

I should also note that from my experience, most of the expat clubs (AWAA and LBW obviously) are majority women.  However, at their functions it is both women and men.  Often couples of members.  I would just email the contact and get whatever information you can!  The Angola Field Group has their meetings Thursday evenings which is helpful for people who work here.

I hope this was helpful!  Best wished to everyone :-)

I just found a wonderful website for the nightlight/restaurants here in Luanda.  I have never seen this before and must say, I am rather impressed.  It is in English as well!
luanda-nightlife.com

Enjoy!

Hi and welcome to the forum moore.kait!

Thanks for sharing these useful infos ;)

Armand

what about spanish? will they teach spanish too?

Thank you Armand! 

Alfisti- To my knowledge, Alliance Francais only offers Portuguese and French classes.  If I hear of any other classes at that location or another, I will happily let you know.

thank you MK. that was a really long shot :)

Hi Randall here from Cape Town South Africa, I would like to learn to speak the Portuguese languange as communication is difficult travel in an around Luanda City and suburbs, can any body help me with some information or guidance with this. + 244 931758823 Mobile