Being taken by C** P** Airlines

:mad: I must admit some blame for not haulting the transaction before the blatant robbery, but even that would be questionable. In planning a trip to Bangkok a friend reminded me that my appointment at the US EMBASSY was scheduled for December not November. Thus, I realized that I would not be able to go to my trip until after the first, and as such also realized that I must quickly cancel my flight.

All of this discoveries and action occured that less than 24 hours apart and the airline stated that if cancelled and reschedule the flight in less than 24 hours that would be totally refunded but when attempting to cancel and  reschedule the airline kapt me on the phone for approximately seven hours trying to tell me that they could not reimburse my money until I paid for the new ticket.
First: They tried to insist the reschedule has to be paid. Then they insisted that the ticket would be 40% more than originally stated. After constant discussion as to how and why they so called no problem in reimbursement then became fee's and added charges as default. I then insisted to speak to someone who is in charge and was put on hold for over an hour of listening to music. However, upon the sales person returning with leme excuse that manager was not there ad also claiming that either had to pay or the flight would not be change. I then out of desperation gave in and said OK followed by a question, " So, would you please tell me what the final cost of my flight to Manila is? Then I was informed that my flight cost 21500 pesos!"

Now I immediately hang up the phone, called my bank, and insisted the bank not to pay any ticket that may come forward from C*** p*** airline. After which I explain everything to my bank. Two weeks later my bank informed me that nothing could be done because C*** p*** falsified there information which thus stated that I made no attempt to cancel any flights after seven days later which of course was a lie, so now I lost 21500 pesos.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : To avoid diffamation, name of company has been moderated.

Not that it helps you at all, but any airline can do that and leave you with no recourse except to threaten to tell everyone and never use their services.

If the rules are that you "cancelled and reschedule the flight in less than 24 hours ", then you should have a new flight booked ?  The price may be higher, but that's just one of all lifes bugbears.

Has the date of the booked flight past ?

mugtech wrote:

Not that it helps you at all, but any airline can do that and leave you with no recourse except to threaten to tell everyone and never use their services.

If we all kept our promises like that... well, I for one, would never be flying Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Jetstar, Tiger airlines...  hmm...,  maybe I would never fly again (on a budget airline) ;)

OK, maybe I would have to use an expensive airline that doesn't have these conditions...

Geez, we're very sorry to hear this.  You can post your complaints to the C*** P**** Facebook page and to all of their sites.

Hi Gary

after reading your story and your experience with C*** P**** airlines, I am very disappointed with the way you were treated and its hard enough to organise a flight let alone and having extra stress from an airline that is doing quite well in terms of profits.

I have flown with C*** P***** and have found them quite good, but I haven't been in the situation of changing any of my flight or making a mistake which is easily done.

I am sorry to hear about your experience and if more people make an effort to complain to this airline maybe they might change their tone and improve their customer service,

Cheers
john

Hi Gary, sorry to hear about your problems with CP. I have had to reschedule a flight with them one time from Davao to Manila but never encountered anything close to that. I did have to pay extra because it was only a few days until the flight but I went into their office and they were able to get me on an earlier flight with the cost about half the price of the ticket extra. I think Philippine Airlines wouldn't be much better. Normally CP is cheaper than PAL so I usually fly domestically on CP. Better luck in the future!

anyone that would stay on the phone for 7 hours needs help ,why didnt you just book a new flight for the date you wanted -im sure its nowhere near 21000 peso, I then out of desperation gave in and said OK   -so what you want them to do now  -cancel it?

Ha-ha! Well, get used to it if you are going to keep doing business with CP. I got voluntarily bumped TWICE by them on a SGN-MNL flight with the promise of 2 roundtrip tickets as compensation. I, however, neglected to videotape the agent's BS "promise" and they later claimed that the compensation was 2 one-way tickets. There were actually around 16 people in my boat that got screwed.

Hell, I know exactly where you are coming from. I was not aware of the necessity to pull Richard Nixon stunts, but they told my bank some obnoxious stories, including changing time lines, but without a tape I was left to drown. I wish there was a way to boycott them. On the other hand if I could afford the expense I would fly with them again and truly record everything. I cannot so they still survive. OH well, never again.