Young Indians, moved to Bangkok on work

Hello all :)

My name is Aneesh Medina, and I've come here on work along with my girlfriend who also happens to work in the same company :)

Currently I stay near the On Nut BTS. Im into video marketing and Dj'n and my girlfriend is into copywiritng. We are both 25 years old and are in love with this place thus far.

The issue, we have no friends so it gets kinda dull over the weekends!

Anyhow, thats about it from me.Thanks for reading!
Cheers! :)

Bangkok is a good place, you may like it.  Someday we will meet. How long you are going to be in Bangkok?.

Great weather and nice people enjoy do not get bored, venture out.

Regards

Well, Im here on a permanent job - so I guess, I'm going to be here awhile :D as for venturing out - we have actually. In these past 4 weeks we have seen a lot, gone clubbing etc etc. Slowly getting accustomed to this city.

Hello Anessh,

I wish you and your gf will soon get along with the life here.
I'm happy to hear that you are Indian because my boyfriend is also Indian while I am a Vietnamese. We met together on business and we are planing to have a trip to Thailand at the beginning of 2014. We will stay there for 4 days.

Because you are Indian like him so I think you can help me to give me some recommendation about where to stay, what to eat or something like that...I hope you guys can help me on this. Wish you guys have fun and be happy in life.

Thanks so much.

Kate

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the wishes :)
I suggest you stay anywhere close to the BTS along the sukhumvit line as traveling to places will be easier. As for eating, I usually prefer the rice with stir fried/curry/red chilli seafood or chicken. The pork here is good too. The food courts in all the malls here are very nice to eat at as well as cheap. Eating on the road too is safe and hygienic. Food is Thailand should be the least of your worries as it's pretty tasty all over. Worry about the humidity though. I suggest you carry thin/light clothing and comfortable shoes as you will be walking a lot and in the sun too.

Hi Aneesh! We live in On Nut! Let's meet up sometime :)

Sure! That sounds great... Anytime over the weekend aite :)

Hi Aneesh,

My name is Raj, I have been living here in Bangkok from last one month, i know how hard it is without friends. I live in Sukhumvit Soi 23 near Asoke. I'm gonna be here in Bangkok for next 2 years. Would love to hear from you Guys.. Thanks.

Hi Aneesh
On nut area is very convenient. Full of international food and not that crowd. I have lived there two years ago now I moved to Sathon area already. Welcome to Thailand

We can be friend let meet up sometime :)

Hi Aneesh,

Welcome to BKK, I have been living here from last one year,  I live in Rama 9. I am also Indian born.If you need any help  or assistance ,plz do buzz me.Have a nice stay in Bangkok. Thanks.

All the best ... Sure you shall find soon