I'm looking for an experienced KNITTER

Hello from Australia :)   I'm traveling up to Kathmandu in May in the hope of finding one to 3 women who are very experienced in KNITTING wool and cotton who can copy my designs.
Where do I start to find these artisan women?  Is there a special 'district' that is famous for Knitters?

I don't want to work with a big, established handicraft or wool company because I worry that they will sell my designs to other people. 

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Smiles from Brisbane
Charlotte :)

Hello!

Kathmandu is probably the lesser place to find small groups of Nepalese women.  In Pokhara there are woman self help projects that run handicraft shops. Many small scale women groups sell their stuff via these shops and they also look for more opportunities. Maybe you can find more it by using google. This is what I found for you now: http://handicraftnepal.org/test/  http://volunteeraidnepal.org/womens-project/

Hi, I can arrange knitter in Bangladesh. If you wish to do anything in Bangladesh then welcome.
I will visit Nepal in next few month to extend my market there. If you feel interest and time permit then we can meet there. Feel free to contact

Firstly, "THANK YOU" for your kindness in replying to my question.   Kindness is everything in life.   I will definitely come to Pokhara to meet with the women there.   Will you be in Pokhara early May?  I would like to buy you lunch to say "thanks".   
Smiles from Australia

Charlotte  :)

Dear Charlotte, I am about to re-migrate to the Netherlands. I have to care for my health now after living and working more than a quarter century in Nepal.
I can recommend you to get in contact with a very nice Nepali Business man who's wife runs a Children home. His name is Hari Dhakal & he runs a small very much visible trekking clothing shop opposite Hotel Meera in Lakeside tourist area.

He and his wife Goma can get you in contact with these women. He has no e-mail number. His shop's name is Fair Mount Trekking Shop. His wife's Rainbow Children Home is on YouTube https://youtu.be/n2oT1MCziRQ Read more there. in the description about Women projects and handicraft.

I can arrange pls email me in xxx and skype id is xxx thanks regards sushil

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I can arrange you those knitters who can as freelancers. There are housewives. you will be assisting them to learn and earn and side by side your job will be done. You need not worry of selling your designers.
You can contact me at following:
Email: xxx
Mobile: xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi HatGirl ,

My Mother in Law is a good knitter. She lives in Nepalgunj , West Nepal. I think she will be perfect candidate. Let me know if you are still looking I will provide you more details.