BOOK CLUB

Hey guys,

Finally, I have found out the place for the meeting:  ID Cafe - 61 Tú Xương, 7, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam (located in the alleyway (near Cách Mạng Tháng Tám street)). It's quite far away from our house  :huh:

I intend to arrange a time to meet: 4pm this Sunday (29/11/2015). Please help me with your idea?

Hey,

I wouldn't mind going to D1 to hunt for this place. Sounds like an adventure..hahahaha...but do you think it's possible for us to meet at an earlier time? At around 1pm maybe? It's just so we can get back earlier.

By the way, I've just looked up ID cafe online. They have two branches: one in D1 and the other in D3. The address that you gave is in D3. Just want to confirm which one we are meeting at.

Yup, I gave you guys the address in D3, but thanks Jess, we should move to I-D Coffee in D1 (near Bến Thành) - 34 Thủ Khoa Huân, Bến Thành, D1, Hồ Chí Minh. I have a bike, so that there's no problem with me if we meet at an earlier time. See you guys at 1 p.m at this address.

Hahahaha...no worries...just wanted to check. 1pm is fine with me. See you then!

I'll be at id cafe at 1pm, sorry for the late reply.

Hello! Can I ask when the meet up will be? I would love to join you guys too!

Best wishes,

Hi! We are meeting today at 1pm at I-D Coffee in D1 (near Bến Thành) - 34 Thủ Khoa Huân, Bến Thành, D1, Hồ Chí Minh. Come to the second floor. Would be so great if you could join us as we will be starting a new book today!

Inbox me if you guys ate still there at 6:00. I only can join from that time. Anyway, have fun, see you next time

I happen to be at Id cafe. Message me if still here.

So sorry that we have missed meeting some of you guys yesterday. We have selected a new book: Shirley Jackson's "We've Always Lived in the Castle." We will be meeting in two weeks' time and will keep you all posted on the venue closer to the date.  ;)

I have also been looking for such a club for a while.

Hope to see you guys next weeks!!!  :D

Please inform when and where we meet next time. I have always hoped to find a reading club in Saion.

How about for every meeting one of us can talk for 15' about our favorite book ( author, book background, why do we like it, what is our most favorite part of it...). If we do it in turn, we can learn much from various tastes and get some source of inspiration from each other.

Cheers!

Hi Wynami,

Jess38 will inform the time and place for the next meeting. Just waiting  :D !!! Oh, we will discuss about this book "We've Always Lived in the Castle" of Shirley Jackson's. Please have an eye on it if you have free time.

Hello all :cheers:

For info, you may now create an event on the site to invite friends to join the Book Club :

> Events in Saigon

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi all,

Two weeks pass by quickly and it's time for our next meeting this weekend. Would it be possible if we meet on Saturday, 12th of December, at 1:00pm? I have selected the following cafe for our gathering: LA ROTONDE at 77B Ham Nghi St, 2nd Floor, District 1. Hope to see you all there!!  :)

Wow, it will be a busy day to me, hahaha. I'll be at time.
See you guys later.

I am also interested. It will be great if there is one in HCMC.

Hi Edwin,

We will be meeting this Saturday at LA ROTONDE at 77B Ham Nghi St, 2nd Floor, District 1, at 1pm. We will be talking about a book that we have just read but you are more than welcome to join us. We will also be selecting a new book. Hope to see you there!

Today we met at La Rotonde which was a really pretty and nicely designed coffee shop. For the next meeting, we are going to read from the master of horror himself H. P. Lovecraft who inspired generations of  horror writers. We are going to read The Call of Cthulhu and At the Mountains of Madness. The venue will be posted later.

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas. Our next meeting is going to be on the 27th of December (tomorrow) at
Infuz Spice Cream on Infuz Spice Cream on S7-1 Đường Số 6, P. Tân Phong, Quận 7, TP. HCM.
Meeting time: 1pm

Cheers!

I'll be there on time