New members of Myanmar forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Myanmar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Myanmar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Myanmar forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi All,

I am Viviane Magno, an expat living in Myanmar now.  I am engaged by Voluntary Services Overseas (VSO) as Finance and Operations Manager.  I arrived in Yangon on 12 October and I have been enjoying my stay except for my accommodation.  I am now in the process of finding my permanent accommodation for the next 2 years.  This will be my first expatriate job and I look forward to the next 2 years.

Thanks for welcoming me to the blog. I am Myanmar and happy to meet new friends here.
Best wishes,
kay

Hi. I am John Drader, an education consultant who has been working in the Middle East for a number of years. In two weeks (November 21) I am coming to Yangon to teach in a small school until the end of March. I'm looking forward to the experience but am wondering how difficult it will be too find suitable accommodation for that period of time on a low salary.

Hi All

Nice to be a new member of this forum. I'm from Vietnam and currently am working at Yangon. Nothing much to share becaus i've just been here for 2 weeks, everything is still fresh to me. It's great to be connected to Vietnamese community in Yangon, or any foreigner community in Yangon. Thank you, Duyen

Hi John, i'm also working in Yangon and you are right, it's not easy to find an accommodation here. I'm also looking around for it. Have you found any one?

Hi John,

I am Viviane from the Philippines.  I can say that it is a bit challenging to find a place for a short period of time.  But it might be worth to check "Housing" tab above.  Some expats are also posting there if you don't mind sharing a flat since it will just be for a short period.

Good luck on your house hunting!

Viviane

Thanks Viviane. I am definitely going to explore as many options as possible.

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : advertising your services is not allowed on the forum - please register in the business directory, thanks
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone. This is Nathan. I am a Licensed Realtor based in Manila, Philippines and would to know where in Yangon most expats lived?

Hi everyone. This is Nathan. I am a Licensed Realtor based in Manila, Philippines and would to know where in Yangon most expats lived?

Hi All,

This is Navneet, recently moved to Yangon. Looking for making good friends, for tips related to myanmar tourism, places to be visited while I am here.

Nice meeting you all.

Have a nice day.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-Topic + do not advertise your services on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + please register in the business directory

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553898

Thanks! 

Closed