Ecuador on visitor visa and get married

i am from India, i need help that can i go to Ecuador on visitor visa and get married there with my Ecuadorian girlfriend and settle there ??
Kindly provide me the complete information

mig29 wrote:

i am from India, i need help that can i go to Ecuador on visitor visa and get married there with my Ecuadorian girlfriend and settle there ??
Kindly provide me the complete information

Can't do that in the USA, would be surprised if Ecuador allows it.

mig29 wrote:

i am from India, i need help that can i go to Ecuador on visitor visa and get married there with my Ecuadorian girlfriend and settle there ?

I've researched the marriage question on several sites.  This is the consensus....

Other foreigners have done it -- marry an Ecuadorian bride in Ecuador.

You'll need to be in Ecuador 75 consecutive days before the ceremony and provide proof from home that you are single/free-to-marry.

Lists of the documents you will need are at the first two of the following sites....

www.moving2ecuador.net/visas-and-customs/marriage.htmlhttps://goodlifeinecuador.wordpress.com … n-ecuador/www.visajourney.com

-- cccmedia in Quito

mig29 wrote:

....get married there with my Ecuadorian girlfriend and settle there ?

As for settling in Ecuador since your tourist stamp will run out of time .. review the sites I provided above for visa information.

The third site has anecdotal information about difficulty obtaining a spousal visa.

I recommend that you meet in advance with an EC immigration attorney or first-class visa facilitator for at least one appointment, to decide if you need their assistance .. or can handle the visa process on your own.

In Quito and the coast, immigration attorney Sebastian Cordero....
   email:  [email protected]

In Guayaquil / the coast, visa facilitator Profesora Dana Cameron...
    email:  [email protected]

-- cccmedia in Quito

Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance

Showing up in Ecuador and trying to get married is not as easy as you might think. There are multiple hoops to jump through and there is an expense involved.

You can get married on a tourist visa in the U.S. But, you cannot stay until you have gone through the "Legal" immigration system, which is expensive and can take years.

In my experience, it can be easier to get married out of Ecuador and immigrate here afterwords. There is still a fist full of paperwork and you will get a great tour of the city as you run from office to office, paying fees etc. But it can be done.

There are, a few points that are not reflected on the website regarding this. The only way to know what you need to do and where to go is to appear at the office here, and speak to a counselor.

As stated above, unless you are FLUENT in Spanish, and have your cedula. You can forget about working here.

Good luck.

A foreigner can get married with an ecuadorian with visa 12-9 or any other visa. Only the t3 stamp or visa 12-x are not valid for marriage.

You can get married in quito or quayaquil.

Youneed your valid pasport with visa and make a declaracion juramentada in registro civil.

This is all you need.

This information is confirmed in Quito in registro civil this week.

You are correct, you can do it. The point was it is not as easy as one might think. Even though there are volumes of posted information, a trip to an office can quickly show things are always in a state of flux....

Been there, done that.

Please, check http://www.registrocivil.gob.ec/?p=1663

Registro Civil is the Gov Agency where you will need to go to submit all your paperwork before getting married. They do  mention about TYPE OF VISA.  A T3 (TOURIST) visa IS NOT VALID for a marriage license.

Quote" Si uno de los dos contrayentes es extranjero y posee visado T3 (Turista), no se podrá efectuar el matrimonio"

Your girlfriend MUST be 18+ if is underage she needs a letter from her parents where they approve the marriage.

Start now getting your documents together and also the following:

All and everything that shows that you have a real relationship with the person that you want to marry as: Pictures, Call logs, Emails, Mails, Gifts that one have sent to another, etc Everything can be use for this.

Get your personal documents together:

-Birth Certificate. (must be stamped from the India Gov Agency that takes care legal docs, translate it if are not in Spanish, get the translation notarized in Ecuador)
-Copy of an ID (full colors) This should be your passport
-Prove of marital status. Are you single? Are you divorce? Are you widow? You MUST prove it.
-Copy of the page where your visa was stamped when you got into Customs in Ecuador.
-Movimiento Migratorio (They asked me for this but the website is not showing this as a doc needed)
-You need to choose 2 witness and get their full color copy of their IDs

You also will need:

Speak Spanish or get a translator with you.

She will need:

-Birth Certificate (Is not show as a requirement in their website, they asked me for this)
-Cedula/Ecuador National ID
-Datos de filiacion (They asked me for this, it shows who are the parents, where they were born, age)

You both will be interview (separate) the day that you submit your documents.
Be sure that you know personal things about one another as:

-How many siblings?
-Father's/Mother's names?
-Where and when they were born?
-How they look like?
-What kind of food do you like?
-What are your favorite colors?
-What kind of music do you like?

As soon you have your marriage license you may want to submit your documents for an AMPARO visa or SPOUSE VISA.

Please check facilitator BEFORE giving them any money. Many of them are scamers. Double and re check before doing anything with them. When they want your money are nice then they turn on you.
Some people had said that some facilitator who has good reviews (in a specific Expat site) must had paid to people to say nice things about her/his service because the reality is different.

Good luck!