Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wishing all our friends a happy and safe thanksgiving!!!

Happy Turkey day!
Not sure how Carroll's thanksgiving get together is going, my wife said that Carroll had a small kitchen fire a few days ago.

Don't overeat guys!

Hope everything is ok. I just got back from Ca last night. Going to munch on my brother this year.  :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Happy Thanksgiving.  Have a yummy day!

Save me some tostones!

There are some tostones de pana left but you got to hurry if you want some.
They taste even better with Indonesian sateh sauce I found out yesterday.

Gary wrote:

There are some tostones de pana left but you got to hurry if you want some.
They taste even better with Indonesian sateh sauce I found out yesterday.

That sounds delicious, I never had tostones de pana, I am sure they are great!

Tostones de pana are great and so easy to prepare as free breadfruit is available all over the place.  One breadfruit lasts us quite a while, and is really versatile.  I've taken to making breakfast "potatoes" as well, and pancakes, muffins, etc with the ripe fruit.

We had a traditional Thanksgiving meal here (our first on the island).   I was so thankful to b able to find many staples here to make the boys' favorite dishes from home (with the exception of French's Fried onions and Velveeta cheese - we made our own ;)).

Is it just me, or does the sound of the waves and sight of palm trees on the beach make everything taste better? LOL!

It is that salty air that makes you hungry and makes everything taste good, the warm air and warm rain and greenery of the area kick you out of the house to see what adventure is around the corner.
Back in the old days we used the Pana mostly as a vegetable, we boiled it along with Guineos verdes and others and ate it with Bacalao or different meats. A lot of little things like that have changed since I was a young man.
I am attracted to traditional PR foods since I do not get to eat it too often here in the states.

Boiled pana with serenata de bacalao is still a popular dish on the island. I love it!

Happy Thanksgiving a couple days late. Hope all had a good day. We had a fabulous turkey with all the fixings and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even had enough left over for yesterdays meal. We even enjoyed the football games on tv.

We stayed home yesterday watching x-mas
movies and didn't go anywhere any stores. Hope all you had a good shopping experience if you ventured out.

Next project is to decorate for x-mas and get a good pernil to make for Noche Buena (X-mas Eve).

Turkey sandwich anyone? :D