I want to know if it is very difficult to settle there

HI, I´m Mexican, I am an english teacher and i really want to move there soon! Is life expensive, could I find a job as a teacher? Is it difficult to get a Visa, are people racist, I have sooooo many questions and doubts.

Hi, I want to know if it is very difficult to settle there. I am an English teacher, and hoping to fin a job there, I am from Mexico. Are there any latinos?

Adilene Mendez wrote:

HI, I´m Mexican, I am an english teacher and i really want to move there soon! Is life expensive, could I find a job as a teacher? Is it difficult to get a Visa, are people racist, I have sooooo many questions and doubts.

Finding a job as a teacher will depend on your qualifications and abilities.

Life is expensive for those who want the best, and many people do.  But it can be reasonable if your needs are not as high as some.

Four Bedroom detached houses are the average here, with 2/3 bathrooms and two cars.  That is the ideal that people want, and deem themselves poor if they can't get it.

But in reality, if you only have $700 per week to live on, it can still be done.  Renting something small like a one bedroom apartment. (Flat/Unit).

It is very difficult to get a Visa, even when you do fit the requirements.

There are always racist people everywhere, I experienced racism at myself when I arrived, and I am a born and bred Englishman.  However, most people who try to fit in will not have problems.

But if you stand out as a person who wants their own ways in a new country, does not want to adapt to Australian ways, and is seen as an outsider in that way, then these people may experience such problems.  It is easy to see that, from what we see on TV etc.

Thank you for the information, could you recomend a city in particular?

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board Adilene Mendez,

A new thread has been created from your post on the Australia forum so that you may interact with members.
all the best,
Bhavna

Do anyone know current mining or oil and gas industry, as I heard because of China now industry is struggling.

Both of those industries you have mentioned are not doing that well, especially mining which is laying off people as the price of iron ore goes down. China is the main buyer of iron ore so when their industry weakens them the flow on effect is felt in Australia.

Not that difficult, but cost of living is expensive. I don't think you will struggle to get a job as a teacher.
Most Australians are nice and warm people. Make sure your papers are complete if you are applying to stay here permanently.
Good luck :-)

Adilene Mendez wrote:

Thank you for the information, could you recomend a city in particular?

Very difficult to recommend as we all have different needs.

I would say Brisbane is better than Sydney, as I like Brisbane but didn't really like Sydney.  However I was in Western Sydney, compared to near the water in the Brisbane area.

The Gold Coast, where I am right now is also very nice.

But others will all say different cities based on their individual preferences.