Will be i comfortable in canada

I am applying from lahore pakistan for safety officer training course in canada.so what will be oppertunities and living and food expences monthly

Assalam-u-Alaikum (WRWB) Dear Brother
Thank you for your contact. I am currently living in Vancouver (British Columbia) with my family (4 school going kids + me + my wife). In Vancouver, we are paying CAN $ 700/- monthly house rent that includes electricity. We spend around CAN 1200/- monthly for food items, CAN $ 200/- monthly car insurance, CAN $ 250/- monthly petrol/gas, CAN $ 300/- monthly for communications (internet, cable, and phone/cell phone charges) and around CAN 350/- monthly  for unseen expenses, like clothes, outings, travel, school expenses etc etc. Total expenses for our family (of 6 members) fluctuate in the range of CAN $ 3000/- to CAN $ 3500/- monthly. 
You can find a cheaper rent for yourself at around CAN $ 450/- (shared living in Toronto), Food items minimum CAN $ 350/- for a single person. Other expenses depend upon your life style.
Please do not hesitate if you require additional information
Thanks

I am going to live in Vancouver as well with my husband and I was also wondering about the expenses. I know that things are generally more expensice over there but I could not find such a detailled list of things =) Mind you, we are only two people, but his gives me an idea on how things will be like. Many thanks!

Amber Cl. wrote:

I am going to live in Vancouver as well with my husband and I was also wondering about the expenses. I know that things are generally more expensice over there but I could not find such a detailled list of things =) Mind you, we are only two people, but his gives me an idea on how things will be like. Many thanks!

Read through the posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page. Click on 'cost of living'.
Also try this website www.numbeo.com

The general rule of thumb with cost of living in cities across Canada is that the ones that are large like Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal all provides its inhabitants access to more choices - not just in jobs, but also to supermarkets, stalls, etc etc. So there's generally more to choose from and therefore more competition. As a result most things can be marginally cheaper than say if there were sold in a smaller or medium sized city. Rentals can also be highly competitive. You just need to selective. However, if you choose to stay in the long run, cost of home ownership is higher in this places.