Log Supplier

Hi All...Anyone know of a log supplier in Dryanovo area(VT),,thanks eddie

Hi Eddie,
I would suggest you have a drive around your area, usually log sellers have a pallet of logs outside the wood yard. I made the mistake of asking a neighbour who said he didn't know of any ( dispite having lived in the area his entire life). He then came to us a few days later and said he could get us some logs which we were very happy about so we agreed to buy four cubic meters from him. After we had found our way around we found several wood yards and also discovered our neighbour had charged us twice the usually price. You should pay around 70_ 80 leva per cubic metre for hardwood and less for pine, it depends on your fire as we were told , buy the people who installed our fire , not to use pine. You will also have to  pay a delivery charge which is the same if you buy one or ten cubic so its advisable , if you can afford it , to get all you need for the winter as prices go up and you can get wet frozen wood.

Hope this helps Sylvia

Sylvia,,Thanks so much for information,,brilliant,,i had similar prob with local person ripping me off in other village i lived in,,,is pine cheaper cos it don,t burn well?,,,have a good day,,,eddie :)

Hi Eddie,

Pine may be cheaper because it is much more abundant. Pine does burn quicker but it produces soot on the chimney and if not swept it can catch fire. Our Bulgarian neighbour had her chimny cleaned by a local guy who simple got on the roof and had a brick tied to rope which he dropped down the chimney. I thought this was very funny as I sat on my balcony and watched , but , not funny for her as she had to wash everything in the house.

Bets wishes Sylvia

Hi Eddie,
I'm nearer to Sevlievo so I don't know who does the logs down there but I would say don't burn pine unless it's dried out for a couple of years and even then only if there is nothing else around. Especially in a kamina or petchka it will just tar up the pipes. Our logs this year are 55Lv a cube in meter lengths which I prefer as it warms me up twice, cutting and burning. 60 Lv ready cut inc delivery in the village.
By the way, Dryanovo comes under the Gabrovo district.
Good luck,
Ian

Thanks Ian,,for good usefull info,,Regards eddie :)

Hi I'm wondering the same thing we've just bought a house in iskra village Bulgaria near karnabat I wonted to know about log supplies and how much with delivery thanks Helen