Job Offer , Is this a Scam ?

check your messages

yes

i know who the agents are in the  uk

I have been contacted by these people and need guidance after reading everything here.......mixed reviews are a complete headache so anyone with genuine information can you let me know please.

if you accept the job, you will be working for a fraudulent entity.. you will put yourself at risk of arrest and even worse physical violence from the victims!!

I'm amazed anyone needs to know any more than these people are using fake company numbers.
That's easily enough information to realise it's dodgy.

Did u take the  job?bcos I've been offered the same job..

Did u take this job?I've been offered the same job..

The OP last posted on this thread two years ago, and hasn't been active in the Forum since then.

When it comes to job related scams, the only advice I would give is to verify the legitimacy of the job offer by calling up the company concerned using a telephone number that wasn't provided by them and asking to speak to the person who contacted you. That means googling the details. And never ever send money and finally don't quit you current job until you are 100% certain that the job offer is legit.

All good advise you are giving here. A job scam refers to a rip off where the job actually doesn't exist, fraudsters are tricking money out of people who have hopes to get a good job overseas, until they find out that there is no such job, and all the payments they did upfront are lost.
The "job" offered here does exist, but its barely worth being called a job, young native English speakers are recruited to work in a so called boiler room, where they call potential investors to "sell" them allegedly super profitable shares.....in the end they sell nothing but air and all the stories they are getting told are just BS, after some time they find out that its nothing but fraud. No shares are ever traded, the money the victims are sending disappears in dark channels, the guys who do the cold calling are given a lousy commission. Of course these are no registered businesses, everything is fake, the names, the websites, the paperwork.....and thanks to the useless and corrupt police and justice system in Indonesia this can go on forever. Its going on since years already, with police, banks, finance authorities being well aware. Indonesia is a failed state in that regard, a fraudster paradise, and there is good reason to believe that the authorities are not only turning a blind eye but are also getting their share.

Stay Away! This is a total scam.

Did anyone do this by the way the hiring company is halverston marketing group

I have the names of most of the people behind this scam,.. Mainly Canadians and Brits..

Tell me more I have been offered a job with halverston marketing group flying out on the 13th of July don't want to go over and get murdered lol

William or Anthony among them names

No...  try Mathew, Daniel, Paul, David, Mark, Jonathan

you will not get murdered.. but you will be working for a boiler room..  ripping people off, stealing there life savings, destroying their lives

Hi did you go lewis?

Some of the guys and girls who work in the boiler rooms there have been identified.. and are due to get a visit form some ex SAS types!!  it will not be a polite visit!

No boiler room scam

Lewis1985 wrote:

No boiler room scam

Perhaps you could clarify..

Is your post, "No, because it's a scam", or "No scam here"?

My previous searches suggest it is a scam, and a very nasty one at that.
Other than that, has anyone identified any illegal activity in Indonesia?

Edit - Indonesian defamation laws are especially keen so no names, please.
By PM is another story.

This is definitely a boiler room scam!!!  I know all the names of the Manila connections, the names of the Canadians, and the names of the UK fraudsters..
they got kicked out of Manila.. eventually and now moved to the boiler room capital of the world.. Jakarta

It is a scam 100 percent

Can you share and info with us? it would be useful for the victims

Start by reporting them to companies house for using a false registration number, that will move direct to the tax and VAT people who will, if they still have anything in the UK, get them seriously hammered with the possibility of prison time for fraud.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : accusations and defamatory posts are not allowed

Please don't name names as that's defamation until conviction, something both you and the forum can get into trouble for.
Any such posts have to be removed to avoid legal issues.

Hi all,

I recently applied and have been offered a job sounding very similar to the one discussed here. The office they'd like me to work in is based in Jakarta, Indonesia although they also have offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. They're offering to pay for my flight there and back if necessary, as well as the first 4 weeks accommodation in a 4 star hotel, £250 a week for the first 5 weeks until I begin earning commission. There is no basic salary but an OTE of £120,000.

They're also sorting out a visa for myself but at this stage I am unsure as to which type.

I'm very anxious about this opportunity as it all seems too good to be true, especially as I am a 22 Year old who still lives with his parents in London. The company are keen for me to fly out next Thursday 7th September.

Does anyone have any advice or information regarding this?

Thanks all!

William who? I spoke to a William about something similar. They want me to fly out next week!

AshLeach95 wrote:

Hi all,

I recently applied and have been offered a job sounding very similar to the one discussed here. The office they'd like me to work in is based in Jakarta, Indonesia although they also have offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. They're offering to pay for my flight there and back if necessary, as well as the first 4 weeks accommodation in a 4 star hotel, £250 a week for the first 5 weeks until I begin earning commission. There is no basic salary but an OTE of £120,000.

They're also sorting out a visa for myself but at this stage I am unsure as to which type.
Thanks all!

Sounds odd to say the least.
They're supposed to pay for the flights and they must sort out the work permit an visa (KITAS) at no cost to the employee.
No basic is a killer that could leave you stuck in a foreign country with no cash to get home if the job turns out duff.

The upshot is the thing seems a bit smelly so PM me with their addresses, contact details and any names - Do that and I'll have a hunt around for you.

PM looked at and a brief search started.

The initial results don't look good, those including the domain is very new and the registrant is using at least two different names on different sites that seem to be separated from each other to avoid searches finding they're connected.
The seeming attempt to hide it was crap so 2 minutes was all it took.

No conclusions yet but the smell is stronger than it was 30 minutes ago.

Don't name the company in the open yet - I'll do that if/when I can prove it's a scam.
I should have time this evening to have a further play with it.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck then it's a duck.  It's a scam. Let's move on up and onwards

Supadave wrote:

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck then it's a duck.  It's a scam. Let's move on up and onwards

Very possibly but I don't want to say that until I can prove it.
The initial searches don't look good so it could well be quacking loudly.

Next up is identifying the other companies to see what they're up to, then checking complaints and criminal records.
It's all available once you know how to find it.

The big thing at the moment is the use of two different names - Got to raise questions.

Thanks for the help! I look forward to hearing more.

hi, i have been offered the job aswell.

i sent a copy of my passport, did?

what actions shall i take, now that i have sent a copy of my passport?

Hi Tom,

I also sent my passport across, this was before I heard it was a potential scam. Due top my concerns I emailed the recruitment agent the following -

"Hi Gordon,

I hope you're well. After speaking with some people and doing a little
research I am starting to believe that this opportunity is not quite
what it appears. A friend of mine told me he knew somebody who was offered a similar
opportunity in Jakarta which turned out to be a scam, this has led me to do some digging and I have found forums backing up this statement.

Firstly I'd like to request that the plane tickets are put on hold because although I am keen on the opportunity I am now somewhat uncertain as to whether it is legitimate.

I'd like to ask yourself if there is any proof which can be provided to show me that this opportunity and company is legitimate before I make my final decision.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards."

To which I received a response stating -

"Good morning Ashley,

Unfortunately I don't bring good news.  The client was quite offended by what I had brought to them and tried contacting you yesterday to get to the bottom of it but they couldn't get through.

I have asked them to wait for the link that you had found which showed what you were talking about as neither myself nor the client could find anything apart from companies which were not related to them.

They have now withdrew the offer of employment and filled the vacancy and there was nothing I could do.

All the best for 2017 and I'm sorry you've had to miss out on the experience."

Now in my opinion, a company who claims to have been around for hundreds of years should not be offended by myself who in comparison to them is a nobody, I found this extremely concerning and would have turned the job down if they hadn't withdrawn the offer first.

I believe that this company should be looked into because their behaviour is very odd and it is clear they're doing something not quite right. I've heard that these types of jobs are real jobs, although the work you're doing is illegal and you're effectively scamming people of their hard earned cash. I have also heard this can lead to fines or prison sentences of up to 5 Years.

One final things which I noticed is when they sent me their official travel form which I had to fill out and send back, I found spelling mistakes in that form. Now if this was a legal binding document the spelling would have to be perfect and as such a big company I'm sure they'd be keen to avoid even the smallest of mistakes, maybe I am being childish in regards to this but that is my honest opinion.

I hope this information helps you make up your mind.

Fred,  any update?

Thankyou for your reply.

I have reported so it is made aware.

I didn't get to the part of filling out any forms etc.

I just wanted to make sure I am safe, after sending a picture of my passport?

Thanks

for my point of view, just do what it has to be done, until they ask you to transfer money then just leave it undone.

HI
My son has just been offered the same.  Please can you give me any information that you have and did you take the job?

Thank you

Julie

General advice.

Working legally in Indonesia requires a work permit and immigration document, the latter being pretty much automatic when you have the former.
The work permit should be applied and paid for by the employer at no cost to the potential employee, same for the immigration document.
Getting a work permit is dependent on the employer being able to find an Indonesian capable of doing the job.

English speaking call centre employees could potentially get a work permit as there are so few English speakers out here but, and this is important, companies set up call centres in cheap countries because it's cheap, and that doesn't apply to foreign employees here as the cost to hire is high and expected salaries are way above what they've have to pay in places like India where local English speaking employees are much easier to find.

That suggests care should be taken when looking at jobs such as this one.
If they ask for any money for any reason, forget them immediately.
If they send a letter asking for money, PM it to me and I'll see if it's safe to publish here.
Again, please don't name names as defamation laws in Indonesia are strict and criminal law, not civil law.