Meeting up - Any expat group to assist new comers?

hi guys I was thinking some place like the Mon Choisy beach.

Well!! Well !! Well !!! Too much tendency to meet at trendy NORTH. It is much more peaceful and cheaper down south. Why don't you all try the Saint Felix Public Beach.  We have much cheaper booze and ,food and fresh food made on site!!No rip off!! I can always organise everything if a group wish to meet up at Saint Felix public beach.
Take Care and enjoy the sunny weekend on Paradise Island, Mauritius.
With Lots of Love & Best Wishes
Vedan
xxxxxx

I am for Mon Choisy beach. Or anywhere in the North. St Felix is at least an hour away. I think everybody would agree with me that it's not worth going all the way down south when we have amazing beaches, lovely restaurants and all facilities in the North!

Vedan

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure how many people here in the north can make it down to south for the meeting.
However feel free to join us if you can make it to the north!!

Hi Doctor, hope you doing well, am still at the same place. i can always guide them around.
Nas

Hi Doctor, hope you doing well, am still at the same place. i can always guide them around.
Nas

Hi - post the info and get people to confirm their attendance, cos there tends to be a lot lets do, but no action.  I will get to Mont Choisy Beach.. You will have to be very explicit as it is quite long.

Vedan wrote:

Well!! Well !! Well !!! Too much tendency to meet at trendy NORTH. It is much more peaceful and cheaper down south. Why don't you all try the Saint Felix Public Beach.  We have much cheaper booze and ,food and fresh food made on site!!No rip off!! I can always organise everything if a group wish to meet up at Saint Felix public beach.
Take Care and enjoy the sunny weekend on Paradise Island, Mauritius.
With Lots of Love & Best Wishes
Vedan
xxxxxx

Hello Vegan, I am very interested in your proposal. I can find some people here in Flic-en-Flac to join. What are your conditions? Genevieve

It seems we've all agreed for Mon Choisy. Like last time we met at the pineapple seller point close to Tarissa Hotels , right after the traffic light . what do you guys think so we can finalize the meeting?

What time will the meetup happen?

Won't it be easier to rendezvous near a bus-stop so that folks can arrive and not get lost?

Otherwise we can all meet where clinton says, we will just need GPS coordinates :)

rushikay wrote:

Won't it be easier to rendezvous near a bus-stop so that folks can arrive and not get lost?

Otherwise we can all meet where clinton says, we will just need GPS coordinates :)

Normally we can wait for others at the same spot for 15mins before we can start or maybe move to another spot

clintonjay wrote:
rushikay wrote:

Normally we can wait for others at the same spot for 15mins before we can start or maybe move to another spot

But what about the date?

Alright guys,
Is it OK if we fix the meeting for
Sunday, Dec 13 , 2015
Mon Choisy beach
12 noon

Last time there were no chairs and table maybe this time someone can make arrangement for that.   And as usual food and drinks we can bring and share .
That's my proposal , I need suggestions plz ;)

Hi,
I will be in London on that day. May be next time.
Thanks
Vedan

Vedan wrote:

Hi,
I will be in London on that day. May be next time.
Thanks
Vedan

OK Vedan,
Hope to see you next time
:)

Yes for me and my family.
Bring and share sounds good. We could have the beach toilets area as meeting place and then once everybody is here we can pick a spot. Chairs would be most welcome. Or beach mats. I will be bringing my 16 months old baby. It would be great if others could bring children.

Chappers wrote:

Yes for me and my family.
Bring and share sounds good. We could have the beach toilets area as meeting place and then once everybody is here we can pick a spot. Chairs would be most welcome. Or beach mats. I will be bringing my 16 months old baby. It would be great if others could bring children.

Hi Chappers
Hope you make it this time man :)

Lovely, we will definitely be there, I will bring my 5 month baby girl if u guys find mind. So what time shall we meet up?

swieckaanna wrote:

Lovely, we will definitely be there, I will bring my 5 month baby girl if u guys find mind. So what time shall we meet up?

Sure its OK to bring your baby girl, I love kids but don't have any for now though :top:
The meeting will be by 12 noon
See you guys

Lovely, looking forward to it. And finally, where exactly are we meeting?

Hi
I will be there.  Any particular spot?

I guess no one is reading the previous posts, and here is what it looks like!

Date: Sunday Dec 13, 2015.
Place : Mon Choisy beach
Time : 12 noon
Food , drinks , bring and share!!

We can meet at the pineapple seller point, just at the end of the road right after the traffic light. Then we can find a better spot.

See you there, how will I recognise you?..

Lovely, I've just got confused as was mantion that meet up close to the bathrooms, however it's clear enough now, thank u and see u all there look forward 2

Hi Barbara,
I will be the one to recognize you so don't worry :)
Maybe we will put up a little sign to let people know we are here, just saying

Hi Swieckaanna
I don't know which one is more easier to locate,  close to the bathroom or the spot I mentioned earlier. You guys should decide so people don't get lost looking for us!

Great Barbara will look forward to it 😎🍹

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to Paradise. Fire away your questions.

Cheers
Gj

Hello, I'm heading back to Mauritius soon, and would be pleased to have a coffee sometime if you feel like it. Hope you are enjoying that beautiful place, peace, old susanne xs

Hi Gj,
How does one find out the process re: customs , in bring animals into the country?
Thanks

That's probably because most posts are really obsure... it takes ages to search around and find them... in other words, this Expat.com site doesn't work very well - for the expats. Probably good to collect data, but has forgotten to make sure we can 'see' each other, and the matters we are driving.... such as your hope for us all to meet with you on Choisy Beach, noon on 13 December, 2015! Peace, old Susanne xs

susanneah14 minutes ago
In reply to the post that no one appears to be reading suggestions about the meetup: that's probably because most posts are really obscure... it takes ages to search around and find them... in other words, this Expat.com site doesn't work very well - for the expats. Probably good to collect data, but has forgotten to make sure we can 'see' each other, and the matters we are driving.... such as the suggestion for us all to meet on Choisy Beach, noon on 13 December, 2015! Peace, old Susanne xs

barbara torrance wrote:

Hi Gj,
How does one find out the process re: customs , in bring animals into the country?
Thanks

Hi Barbara, At the moment I have no Internet at home so it's a little difficult to answer your questions; and the laws change very often. Will you be at Mon Choisy on December 13?
See you
Genevieve

Hi Everyone,

My name's Sima, my sister, Vinita and me are expats from Britain. Can we come and join you all at Mon Choisy beach on 13th December at 12pm?

Thanks,

Sima

I don't think you need permission to join the meetup Sima :D

Just come along and make yourself visible to Clinton or Barbara :)

The meeting point is good and clear.... Near the traffic light as Mont Choisy beach starts . It is touching Tarissa hotel resort. Pineapple vendor. 12 noon. Sunday.  13 Dec.  Clinton and Barbara can put up their tel. No.s for Lost or Late comers..... Any ideas or suggestions please.....

Thanks rishikay but you know us Brits are overly polite!!

Could you please share some mobile numbers in case we need to contact you?

Thanks
See you all on the 13th.

Can local people also join?

I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone else, but I think the more the merrier @Nasrullah :)

The point of the meetup is to meet expats and locals alike and we can all do activities together in the near future - once we get to know each other (I hope I am not getting ahead of myself :P )

I don't know if the expat site allows for numbers to be shared in public (and I don't think anybody wants to be stalked either), so perhaps you guys can message Clinton/Barbara privately and get their contacts.

I have 1 question though, do any of you guys know if the bus service runs on Sundays? If so, until what time?

Hi - I live in Black River and hope to join you on Sunday.  Will probably come with a friend who is also an expat. 
Jenny