Are there any Indian restaurants in Montevideo

I want to know any Indian restaurants in Uruguay/Montevideo.

Believe me - I have looked everywhere but never found one.  This could be a great business opportunity, but a person who wanted to start such a restaurant would have to cater to the ex pat community primarily because the locals tend to not like the idea of ever trying anything the slightest bit different.

Thanks a lot for your advice/suggestion.

Once we get a permanent residency , is it allowed to take 2 cars free of import tax etc.

No.  Only returning Uruguayans can bring anything with an engine into the country. That also means no motorbikes. I know one returning Uruguayan who brought a fairly expensive SUV in from the US and had to pay $22,000 on it for various taxes and licenses.

You can bring in used household belongings while waiting for permanent residency but you have to post a bond for the taxes that are due on the value of the shipment.  This will be returned once you get permanent residency - approx two years later.  The bond will be around $10,000 US to $15,000US  for a 20 to 40 foot container.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

HI.. I would like to Introduce Moksha Cocina de la India a new Indian Food place in Montevideo.

Here's the facebook page for more information

facebook.com/Moksha-1044596205570075/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

aparna_soni wrote:

I would like to Introduce Moksha Cocina de la India, a new Indian Food place in Montevideo.

Here's the facebook page for more information

facebook.com/Moksha-1044596205570075/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Thank you, Aparna Soni.

Where is Moksha Cocina?  I don't see an address indicated at the Facebook page.

The page does say...

"We are pleased to offer you the first-ever authentic Indian restaurant in Montevideo.

"We cater to all kinds of food habits, Vegetarian, Vegan, even Celiac*.

"Our first dish is .. an aromatic mild-spicy curry flavored with butter .. and fresh tomatoes."

Good luck with this Montevideo Indian-Restaurant, which opened this year.

cccmedia

*The reference to Celiac apparently means that gluten-free dishes are available.

Before Moksha Cocina arrived on the scene, the closest thing folks in Montevideo had to an Indian restaurant may have been the fusion restaurant Tandory.

The menu currently listed at tandory.com.uy includes dosa masala and red naam.

However, most of the menu items appear to be of other origins, including Thai food, in keeping with Tandory's theme "los sabores del mundo" -- the flavors of the world.

cccmedia

Hi,
It's in Pocitos,
Miguel Barriero and 26 de Marzo.

Moksha Provides Indian food for Take aways.

Also a small dine in place is available with prior reservations for upto 10 people.

Gluten Free Dishes are available. It's an excellent choice for Vegetarians too..