Considering the move to oman

hey guys,

thanks so much for all the help. I have to make a major decision in the next few days.

I have a job offer in muscat for a doctor position. I have never lived in the middle east. I am from U.S.

-I need to analyze the cost of living, i have read through numerous posts

-As a single female, I am looking for a safe place to stay. All i know is my workplace is near al ghubra. I am looking to for a single one bedroom apartment in  a safe place close to my work place? any suggestions? what is the cost?
I will not know anyone there, so im also looking for a place where there are things to do, but security is my number one priority

-how much does it cost to buy/rent a car?

-from the answers provided i will be able to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance

Greetings of the day!!!!
Hi !!!! In advance Welcome,, Oman ( Muscat ) It's very good place for working!!!
One BHK Apartment with furniture start from Rial of Oman 500.000.
With out furniture starting from OMR 250.000 it's depending your choice.... One BHK apartment you will find next to your workplace it's 101% safe also....
Hiring car depending you only price range starting Saloon cars OMR 150.000( rent monthly bases, Per day 250km you can drive ) better option for car?? Rental is the best option.... in future you can buy the car....
If you need more details or support from our side don't worry right to us.........

Best regards
Thomas

Dear Charlie, Now day Ghobra is central area in Muscat Oman, Most of mall around located in Ghobra place like Avnew mall, Lulu hyper market and grand mall. Rent is One BHK apt full furnished Omani Rial 550 to 670. but if you looking unfurnished available in the market R.O 250 to 360 Omani Rial in Ghobra place. Now day Ghobra have rush area people are looking around new area like North Mawaley and North Al Hail area this area is close to beach area and also one good standard luxury type accommodation is call Wave Muscat. Wave Muscat it is place for all nationalities living this place specially white skin people are living here.

Better you buy used car it is low price you will get. If u want leasing new car also available here. Muscat is more than safe to USA because i lived in USA and Canada more than safe and secure in Muscat Oman place.

Regards
Syed Shahzad

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that
Charliejojo wrote:

hey guys,

thanks so much for all the help. I have to make a major decision in the next few days.

I have a job offer in muscat for a doctor position. I have never lived in the middle east. I am from U.S.

-I need to analyze the cost of living, i have read through numerous posts

-As a single female, I am looking for a safe place to stay. All i know is my workplace is near al ghubra. I am looking to for a single one bedroom apartment in  a safe place close to my work place? any suggestions? what is the cost?
I will not know anyone there, so im also looking for a place where there are things to do, but security is my number one priority

-how much does it cost to buy/rent a car?

-from the answers provided i will be able to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance

Dear Charliejojo
Good day for you, in general all Muscat is safe thankfully, I recommend the wave compound for residence but it is costly, you can go there and get idea about the prices, this is LLC position on Google Map
23.624874, 58.261400
also you can find other places with less prices
Regarding the car I think it is better to buy a one, you can find a new one easily with monthly installment in range OMR 170-250 depending on the down payment and the brand you choose, I completely do not recommend a second hand car, because there is a lot of cheating, each brand showrooms in different areas are available , just do simple search on Uncle Google as I did before
also I recommend Savills for residence looking website http://www.savills.om/ and their place on map is
23.607969, 58.453356
For any help just ask
Greetings

as doctor
here normal living standard
middle expenses
not high and costly
that depend on you how u do
what ur basic package

hey mm76

they are offering 1700 OMR , 500 housing allowance, 210 OMR car and phone

thanks for the helpful info!

Charliejojo wrote:

hey mm76

they are offering 1700 OMR , 500 housing allowance, 210 OMR car and phone

I think it is a good salary package for a single person, unless you have children, you should consider of school fee
Greetings