Looking for job

Hai i am an indian women got marrid to malaysian husband and i am staying in 5 year spouse visa now i am searching for the job but i am unable to get the job bcaz  i doknow malay or they wil not recruit forgienrs .

HI

which field are you looking for? You may need to provide more details...

Hi first apply for PR. You can after 5 years.

Secondly you may want to look at your email it presents a bad picture of you. Not a great idea when job hunting.

Thirdly yes as above some details might help. Your employability will depend on your education and skills.

Fourthly after 5 years here maybe good idea to learn Malay. Many companies though speak other languages ie Chinese ones dont care. Indian employers wont either in many cases.

Lastly with a "spouse visa" now LTSVP you can have that endorsed to work. You need an offer of employment. Tell any potential employer that you will pay all visa costs and sort it out yourself explaining that as a spouse it is easy.

Thank you very much sir for your response

Please  let me know why email present a bad picture of me

Actually I don't have working experience from past 5 years currently I planned to do some jobs based on customer service .I am also not overqualified just finished bacholer of arts and got computers skills because I was working in customer service feild   around 6 years in telecommunication project but after coming here I didn't do any job

I was working in the call center customer service for telecommunications mobile operators before 5 years but not now

Hi Suhashiny,

I invite you to post your job request in the jobs section here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/malaysia/
It might help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

thank you very much

surely i try some job

Suhashiny wrote:

Hai i am an indian women got marrid to malaysian husband and i am staying in 5 year spouse visa now i am searching for the job but i am unable to get the job bcaz  i doknow malay or they wil not recruit forgienrs .

Hi as you asked.....

English is awful. Use of "i", "Hai" "bcaz" etc loads of spelling/grammar mistakes. Makes you look illiterate - hardly what an employer wants.

On a bulletin board we are sometimes informal - me included - BUT I AM NOT JOB HUNTING!!!!

If I was I would be very careful.

Also you avoided essential details like degree and prior experience.

I suspect your CV will be a mess as well - start with that. Yes you have been a housewife for 5 years. Get over it. Say what skills you have properly organised and spell checked (!)

Then be realistic. You are like a fresh grad in effect. Many jobs require mature and organised people. Target those. Eg sales?

Good luck!

Hi,
I read your post about job in KL
I have children clothes, coat factories in Vietnam, the price is so cheap. Instead of looking for job, can you looking for customers who want to distributor clothes or fabric?
Acctually i would like to widen the market.
In case you feel interested it, pls let me know, i will send you my website for your reference

Regards,
Jenny

Hi Nembot

First of all thank you very much for the valuable suggestions to improve myself  in job hunting

I  got 5 year working experience in  a call center for customer service and query resolution team in  telecommunication  ( mobile cellular ) process .

I have done my graduate in commerce and diploma in computers application 

My education is not that much high because I studied in the normal school and college in the town and my parents are also illiterate and I come from middle class family .Normally English speaking people we cannot see that much in the town in india

Surely I will check and correct the spelling words before sending the mails

Regards,
Suhashiny

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + please post an ad in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Right.....I was smelling Call Center from the first post and lo and behold, she worked in one.

Ok try call center work again, they hire foreigners. Many in Malaysia.

Hi,
First you have to ask yourself: Why are you looking for a job ?!
If your husband can afford for the living then you would better forget about the job and just stay home and take care of your husband and kids.

In my opinion

Hi Nemodot

Would please to know what kind of field and position you are in Malaysia it seems like conversation with Suhashiny you are adviser in HR or ..... job hunter.

Furthermore need a part time job as nanny or any waitress / helper job in cafe in during Christmas and New Year preferably nanny to expat.

Experience in office job too.

Kindly reply the above mentioned matters.

Thanks
Cristine

hi i am an english teacher from syria - hamah can i get a job here in MALASYSIA

Zizzie4ps wrote:

Hi,

For those looking for income/jobs, drop me an email to [email protected]. I hv great opportunity waiting.
Thx 👍🏼

why you don't talk about that opportunity here?! unless it is illegal thing

Malaysia is not for poor immigrant, no more, Malaysian government has all the rights to protect its own labor market. My experience being in Malaysia for almost 6 years, with Master degree from UK, work experience in EU  of almost 10+ years, pl note

1 ) Malaysia is looking for immigrant who can invest money, minimum RM 1.0 million ( no Enterprise company but a private limited , SDN BHD) so you can work for your own company ,also pay regular taxes, otherwise will have problem in renewal of visa
2) Nice place to live for those  who retired and want to enjoy life in good weather , with good infrastructure, "Malaysia as second home" , Not suitable for poor immigrant , no matter what nationality you have. they don't bother about nationality but money  :)
3) very high skilled labor particularly in the field of Information Technology or Engineering may have chances to be hired by local firms, but must be from top university of the world ( why top university graduate will work in Malaysia ?)

4) They need low grade labor for odd jobs, including Call Center ,for this kind of job they even provide you a room/ a bed / to stay at night / day , and keep working for them, with very low salary,,,,,
5)  Few years back a new job category started since International schools getting popular in Malaysia, " Teacher Category" for that you have to be a "" White " and " Westerner "  , if others even with 20 years of Teaching experience will have difficulty----

Welcome to Malaysia---- :thanks::dumbom:

Regards
S.Haider