New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on the Netherlands forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Netherlands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi I'm carter 22years of age and will move to Armstadam soon.

after stints in germany, canada, new zealand, uk/ london etc am hunkered down in the hague/ den haag...

Hello. My name is Emma.
I've been here since 2008.  I'm here more to help with my homesickness.
I'm living in Gouda.

Welcome on board Emma  :cheers:

How can we help you?

I lived in Gouda for eight years before I moved to Jordan  :D

Hello Primadonna,
Thank you for your reply. 
I am just looking to read or maybe connect with similar souls that know what it is like to move from one country to another, that is all. Homesickness is very hard to deal with "alone", so just looking for support by looking at other people's blogs and such. :)

hallo emoima

we are in den haag. not 'homesick' as such but after living around the world this dutchie is a hard nut to crack - made more so by my conclusion its not worth the effort ):  . you are welcome to visit us any time. havent been to gouda yet - interested to hear more.  best -

Hallo!

I am Esther, from Singapore. I will be moving to Maastricht, Netherlands on 26th October. I will be taking up a position at Open U, Heerlen in Nov.

I look forward to knowing both the local and international community in Maastricht.

Warm Regards,
esther

I'm from Canada and currently living in Thailand, however my goal is to move to the Netherlands for a long-term visit --and maybe even become a permanent resident one day. I'm first-gen Canadian; my dad was born in the Netherlands and immigrated to Canada in the 1960's.

My mom and dad are 100% Dutch descendants. They were too eager to leave behind their Dutch roots to my frustration. I grew up with the culture, but not the language.

I plan on coming to Rotterdam in mid/late 2016. By that time I will be fluent in Dutch and will try to reconnect with blood relatives still living in Holland.

I've always felt like a fish out of water; my sense of humour and frankness hasn't been well understood in Canada. Coming to the Netherlands is one last effort to feel like I fit in somewhere on this planet! I am self-employed currently. I am looking to make friends in Rotterdam before I arrive. I know the Netherlands aren't perfect either, but I crave the feeling of being among people who I feel I can relate to --and inspire me. I believe the Netherlands is the place for that.

Hello ... I am Arnav ... I am originally from India, but have spent the last 15 years of my life in the US. I moved to Amsterdam a month back and work for a management strategy consulting firm. I don't really know many people ehre, and am also struggling with my Dutch. I would like to get involved and meet new people - from all origins - who feel like exploring the city or simply getting together for a drink over the weekends.

Hi there, my name is Liza I am from South Africa. My husband will be doing his MBA exchange program in Rotterdam next year between August and November. We have decided to move there before August. My husband should find a job easily once he is finished with his MBA ,but I am worried about finding work before we go.

I own a Landscape design and Installation company, so would prefer working in the "green" industry, but I am quite creative so can work in any creative field. We have a 3 month old boy, who will be a year old by then, which also makes things interesting and challenging.

Looking forward to get some advice and information.

Hello everyone!

My name is Shridhar and I am from India. I moved to Amsterdam last week. I am a management consultant and intend to be here for the next 3 years at least. Would be great to get to know more people and may be meet up sometime for a drink or two. I am looking forward to increasing my social circle here :).

Best,
Shridhar

Hi All!

I am currently living in Glasgow with my husband and two kids under 5 (and our two chocolate Labradors 😀).

We have family in Alkmaar and we're hoping to relocate as soon as possible.  Currently job hunting - all tips greatfully received.

Carrie xx

hallo carrie

ask away... i am in the hague and would like to relocate to glasgow if i can make it make sense (12 yr old still at home). would like to ask you questions (:

happy shifting

Hi!

Good luck with your move! Everyone's experience will be different but we are job hunting as well and quite often recruitment agencies are telling us that they would prefer to meet once we have moved.

Carrie x

interesting. similar scenario (scot/eng, born toronto)... currently in den haag. 2 years ago spent a year in canada (toro/ vanc) and was shocked by how 'dead' it was, felt like i was trapped in an unflattering episode of the simpsons. thing is netherlands similar ): .  have lived in a few diff places (no asia yet) but think in biz and interest terms its all happening in asia/ mid east. recommend a gap year here before doing anything permanent...

happy planning.

I am ilyas from pakistan 28 i have 3 year work exprience in dairy farming  i am searching job in netherland

Dear sir or mss this is berhanu abebe am from Ethiopia.

Hi,
Im Loredana , i just moved from Romania to Amsterdam, the city is pretty awesome and the culture is amazing . It would be cool though to find new friends to explore it with  .

A wonderful  day ,
Loredana

Hi guys! I'm Igor and I'm looking forward to expat in Holland :) My project is to find a job and a room in Utrecht and than to begin my studies at the university next year!! Can anybody help me? My mother is Dutch and I'm pretty good speaking dutch and english :) I'm gonna go there on november 20 for the opendays at the university. If anybody wants to meet me to give some tips or advices I would be very grateful :)
Thanks for reading :) have a nice day people

Hi there, I am Sapna. I am from India - however have been traveling the world for past 10 years for work. I live in Rotterdam from past one year. I am working here as a PMO for a client of my company. However I am a Chartered accountant by profession. I like to meet up, plan some short fun trips or just hand out. So, thought should try the blog to expand my life here a bit more. Btw, great work !! 😊 looking forward ..

Hi there, I am Kedar Shrestha. I am from Nepal - however have been traveling the world for past 10 years for work. I. I am working here as a Vice-Principal since 6 years in private school( High school) . I like to meet up, plan some short fun trips or just hand out. So, thought should try the blog to expand my life here a bit more. Btw, great work !! 😊 looking forward ..

Hello!
Im Syed Murtaza, originally from Pakistan (have been living abroad many years). Im 26 y.o and would love to meet people here and do some interesting things (or just meet for drinks)

Best regards,

Hi iliyas some information is required

Hallo.. Im Angela . Its the biggest deal ever, I've took in my life. I will move to Netherlands at December, 2015 I will stay in Rotterdam. It would be nice if anybody wants to meet me for exploring this city, to give some tips or advice.

hi, I am working as a merchandise on garments products. and also have my own business on this item and I am trying to source business partners.thanks all.

Hi
How are you

atif ikram wrote:

Hi
How are you

Please use the PM system for this.  This topic is for new members introductions.  Thanks

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. The present thread is only for introduction of new members and not a chat room
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello my name is Jr. Trujillo,I currently live in Monterrey Mexico,raised in Austin Texas.I want to move to Amsterdam and have lots of questions concerning the area

Hello My Name is Ramesh, I have been living in the Netherlands for almost 6 yrs now. Currently in Maastricht and would love to make new friends and get to know different cultures and also expats arriving here on work especially in the IT sector. i am also looking to help out in case of any advice needed to settle down into the Dutch way of life :-)

Hello my Name is Muhammad Sarfraz. I am PhD fellow for six months at VUmc, VU University Amsterdam. I will arrive Amsterdam on 22 November 2015 and will stay there until 21 May 2016. I am coming first time there and have no any contact there to find accommodation. At VU university all rooms have been booked until January 2016. So I need some one to guide me to find out a place for stay near by VUmc, VU university Amsterdam. Because I do not have information about dutch culture and environment.
It would be a tangible help for me.

Muhammad

Try AirBnB,

Hi, I'm from Cape Town moving to s'heerenberg in December, would like to meet new people.

Hi everyone!
I'm Haseeb.
I'm an engineer by profession and I moved to the Hague just two weeks ago.
I spent two years in Florence before I came here so I am really missing all the meetings, aperitivos, gatherings and events that I used to attend there.
Looking forward to having a good time here.
:)

hello my name is Darcio im 32 years old, half portuguese half dutch was raised with my mom so my dutch is not so good, lived in England for 15 years and now working in the Netherlands, work in logistics for a spanish company in aaslmeer and are looking for a room or studio in amsterdam or close by asap.. thanks

Hi
This is me Kedar shrestha from Nepal. I want to move the Netherlands for the administrative field. Now I am working as a vice principal in Nepalese private boarding school.

Hello, I'm Cyril from the Philippines and im moving to Amsterdam really soon but this couple of months i will go there again for TOURIST .. Anyone here can help me to find a place where i can study about mvv visa or moving to amsterdam lessons ? I really need to passed the exam so I can be my boyfriend ..

Hello dear am berhanu am from ethiopia am expert clinical nurse and i have more than 6years work expriance i want to go netherland for long time  work . If any want will to take me am ready.

Hello everyone!

My name is Sergio and I recently moved from Zurich to Eindhoven. I would be happy to make some friends here!

:)

Closed