Possibly moving to Istanbul - Looking to make friends

Greetings!

My name is Gary Wilsterman and I'm from Illinois, USA.  There's a possibility I'll be moving to Istanbul in the near future.  I just figured I'd hop on here and see if I can make some friends as well as look for potential job opportunities.

Professionally, I've recently put myself through the CELTA program in the hopes of making the job hunt as an ESL instructor significantly easier.

However, in my spare time, I greatly enjoy art.  I love painting and drawing and all of the fine art approaches.  (I tend to avoid the overly-conceptual art scene, though, haha *e.g. nailing a cotton ball to a white wall and selling it for $1,000*) 

Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you all and I hope to get to know some of you better.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Gary

I think you'll get the opportunity to enjoy some good historical art while you are in Istanbul (After spending two years in an art university, I totally dig your point about modern art)

For jobs, you can start searching/posting your ad in the JOBS section. That should be helpful for you.

Good luck
Z

GaryAW wrote:

However, in my spare time, I greatly enjoy art.  I love painting and drawing and all of the fine art approaches.  (I tend to avoid the overly-conceptual art scene, though, haha *e.g. nailing a cotton ball to a white wall and selling it for $1,000*)

I totally agree with you but if you are starving to death its a great way to earn quick some money  :D