Can someone please comment on all the various courier services in D.R.

Greetings guys.  I know this topic has been mentioned before, but was wondering if some of the main contributors could list the various courier services and the experiences they have had, both good and bad.  I recall a few members raving about one particular company, but suddenly began to experience some bad service.  I personally use EPS, but from what I have read, they are one of the more expensive couriers and don't deliver to your home :(  feel free to include international barrel shippers from the U.S, Canada, or Europe in order to enlighten all our various readers,
      I believe the courier performance is one of those topics which needs to be updated from time to time since it seems they can go from good to bad in a flash due to ownership or management changes :cool: Thanks Guys. 
      Ohhh one last thing.....can someone explain to me how is it that D.R. has one of the slowest internet speeds worldwide, yet has some of the most expensive internet plans I have seen......3mbs for $1,795RDS  :o  that is almost 50 bucks for bare bones! I sure hope these prices change, because these slow internet speeds drive me nuts!!!!!! :mad:

The only carriers that I can comment on in the  north coast are:

EPS...very reliable but expensive

En cargo Pac....very unreliable and extremely poor customer service. Even their better workers have gone on to work for  competitor

CPS currently using them.  Extremely reliable, well organized, personalized service and reasonably priced.

As to internet they charge that .... because they can :D

Bob K

CPS  is my choice,  I've had them for years.

Internet seed and service - welcome to the DR!

Thanks guys, is CPS the ones that deliver your packages to your home?

Yes they will.

Bob K

And the one time we had them do a home delivery ( a big BBQ that would not fit in our car) there was no charge.

Bob K

Some areas do and some do not.  La Romana does not,  Santo Domingo does but only to a specific coverage area.   Make sure to ask  where you open your account.

If using the Sosua office they will.  In fact when you get notified of your package being ready for delivery (they notify you via email when it has arrived) they give you the option to get home delivery in the email.

Bob K

Muchas Gracias :D

de nada

Bob K

cps

Welcome Amy,  glad you like CPS too...........LOL

We have  been living in Las  Terranes for 4 months now. Have been  using CPS. Great  Services.  Local   # 809 2405279

How do you like Las Terrenas?

Amy welcome to the forum.

Yes we use CPS and are very happy with them.  Good customer service

Bob K

Love it here.  This is Tom .Amy is in San  Clemente Cal.  Visiting her daughter  and grandsons.  I got stuck babysitting  our dog. lol

Baby sitting dogs at home in the DR....Ok I can handle that :D

Bob K

From what I can tell, the internet at the big companies are bad. In Bonao, Claro is just terrible. It goes down all the time and it's slow. The plans are only something to sell. the service (speed & uptime) they provide is completely different. They oversell the route at least 100+ times. Too much traffic through an inferior network.

The smaller companies are slightly better. But they go down a lot too. And they usually use one of the bigger companies like Claro for their pipe to the internet. So either way it's a pain in the ass. But the smaller companies can give better service than Claro I think.

Luckily I got a point to point antenna mast on my building to get me to the local smaller internet company. But when they could not give me a consistent 10 megs I told them I'm not paying anymore. So I reduced it to 5 megs at lower cost and it's like the same speed. You have to hurt them in their wallet to get them to do something about it.

Good info  Dreamtime but wrong thread??? IF you want this moved just let me know. 

Would you start a thread about that area please?  We don't talk much about that area and it would be good to know about.

Oops! Sorry about that. I was responding to someone asking about the Internet. No idea how it got here. You can move it. Thanks.

No problem honey we have all done that.....LOL

this thread is getting like the overstay fines one.  same ??  every day.

CPS?? Do just type CPS in google?  I want to make sure I'm on the right site...do they ship bigger things?

I've had good experiences with EPS.

Yes they can ship bigger items.  Give Carlos or his wife Elizabeth (own the Sosua/Cabarete office) a call.

809-571-1811 or at www.cpssosuacabarete.com

Good people

Bob K

I have used BM Cargo and have not had any problems with them.. They are located in the New Mall on the side of the Sunix gas station

I used BM once and had no problem but not really based here on the north coast.

Bob K

I'm sending my first items with cps this week....I'll give everyone our play by play for what it's worth once delivery is made Dec 19th...or complain if nothing arrives

You should do just fine.

Bob K

I received  3 packages Friday and expecting another   4 this week.  It works like a charm.