Anyone waiting for spousal visa(family immigration) visa approval?

Hi Addis,

I guess we both submitted our application same month (September) it's just that we have different cases. As far as I know DNA test is only applied for the children of applicants and reference person (proof that the child is really the child of the reference person in Norway).

Embassy haven't interviewed me or my fiance either. With the first email that you have recd from UDI, did they mention the time frame as to when are they be having the decision?

I have a friend who is married with a Norwegian and they have a kid. they submitted their application Feb 2014 and til now they don't have yet their residence permit. With your case, Im sorry i cant answer and I am also wondering why its taking 20 months processing.

Let's pray and be patient that we will recd our visa the soonest possible time.
Will keep you posted  :)

Hi Tam
With the first email that I get from UDI it says it will take 15 month,  and when I've called UDI last February they said it can take from 10 month to18 month,  so they give me a different information.
But we pray and hope we all hear good news soon.

Hi addis,
Your fiance can call UDI to check the status of your application. Perhaps a lot of backlogged of applications that is why the take it longer. Hope you can hear good news soon so that you can fly to Norway and get married

Hi Sol
Thanks for the reply :)
As you said my fiance have to call the UDI to check the status of my application,
And I have read the UDI have increased the waiting times in all applications.
Thanks for your wish :)
Hope we all here can hear good news soon!

Hi All

Anyone applied fiancee permit starting Feb 2015 from Philippines?  I applied Feb 18, 2015 at VFS Global but didn't receive any email yet  from embassy or UDI about my application. Am thinking of calling the embassy if stil no email 'til friday.

Thanks!
Anne

Hi Anne,

You can track your application here http://www.vfsglobal.com/norway/philipp … ation.html
Goodluck!

Thanks Tam.

I just got an email from the embassy informing me that my application for residence permit has been approved.  :D.

I hope you will get your result too soon.  :)

Congrats Anne!

So happy for you!

Wow!!!  Congrats!!!  Im very happy for u  :D
Hope we all get our result soon.

Congrats Anne! You are lucky your visa approved fast. Welcome to Norway.

Congratulations,,,

Hi Mo86:)
Is there any news on ur case?

Hi Addis no news yet,,, still waiting

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering how long your residence permit is granted for once they approve your application for family reunification through your spouse. Is it something that you have to renew every year?

it is common with the people I know have been granted for 1 year and then renew it every year until they get the permanent one which is after 3 years (provided you have stayed in norway at least 6 months in a year). But there are cases like my friend here on her first time she was granted 3 years for her family reuni residence permit. It all depends on what the UDI will grant you.

you can check out further information about the resident permit here UDI- residence permit

Thanks Stephy, and just so you know...Permanent residency has been changed. You now have to wait 5 years before you can be eligible.
http://www.newsinenglish.no/2015/03/31/ … nce-rules/

Oh yeah I forgot to include that update haha though my example was based on my friends who were under the 3 years rule :)

Thanks for reminding

Hi. Anybody applied for spousal (residence visa) recently? I applied and submitted my application at vfs global makati philippines last aug 17 2015 and today i received an email from them that they have forwarded my application to UDI Oslo Norway. I was so sad about the news coz it will take long like about 9 months or more. It's so hard for us as a family to be far from each other very long. My daughter misses her father so much. 😔
For those that applied and were granted for visa within a week or a month, did you receive the same email from the embassy? I still wanted to keep my hope up that we will be reunited soon! 😭

hi Shelly.

i am so sorry to hear that you got forwarded to UDI :( if u don't mind,  did the embassy email tell you how long the waiting time will be for applications forwarded to UDI? have u also received some kind of generic email from UDI that they had received ur application?

i had applied at VFS manila for a family reunification visa with spouse last june.  i have not received any email from them that our case had been forwarded to UDI, and it had been 2 months now... i saw Christine's post about getting an update thru her husband's email, but my husband havent received any emails either... i am remaining hopeful tho.. i called the embassy and they said they are still waiting from info from the police.. what kind of info, they didnt say..

but my husband called UDI,  and they told him that for our case,  the embassy required some info from UDI and that they had already returned the case to the embassy.. it is now up to the embassy if they can decide for our case or forward it to UDI if it turns our to be a more complicated case...

have your husband call UDI and check with them about waiting times and whats going on with ur case.. it can give u an idea on whats going on with ur application..

being away from family can be really hard.. :( i hope u family can get reunited soon... and i wish u all the best.!

:)

I called the embassy the other day and asked them why is my application forwarded to UDI, they said that the person (norwegian) incharge of our case in the embassy looked at my documents and is in doubt, so he needed to forward it to UDI, coz they have checklists that they follow on deciding wether to approve it or not, and if there's some questions or complications on the papers they will forward it to UDI for more investigations, and when i asked them what was that they said they can't tell me coz it's confidential. So i was really wondering where on those documents that they were in doubt of. Then i read their website and some forums that if one of the couple got married at the age of 25 below the case will take some time. So yeah i guess that's one of the reason i think coz we got married when i was just 23. I couldn't think of any other reason since we met the requirements and we submitted those documents that were in the checklist.
So we don't really have a choice but to wait, embassy said it might take 12 months. It's so dissapointing to hear that news coz we were positive of reuniting soon. My husband was depressed coz of our situation so am i. Our hope really is just to pray to God that He will help us and those who handle the case hasten the process and we'll have the result asap.

With your case, i think you will have the result soon and will not take up to 9months or more since your case is just being handled by the embassy, they are just processing it for verification, they just need to make sure that the documents submitted are all original and not fake, they just need some time investigating more info. Just think positive. 😊

If you are curious you can read here in the immigration regulations the criteria and how they assess maybe it can answer some of your query as to why it was sadly forwarded.

Norway Immigration Regulations-Guidelines for the assessment of cases

You will see many factors such as age difference, knowledge about each other, communication etc.

And as you mentioned you were under 25 when you got married which also played a role in the application, if your husband is also 25 or below during the application now he might be called in their politi in his area for an interview.

I hope that you will get results earlier thab 9 months, i know how it feels to wait for a result and it is frustrating.

Thanks for the info stephy25, that's a lot but i read some of them and it's basically whats you motive or purpose of application, they just need to make sure that it is not arrange marriage or just to obtain residency in norway, and that how well you know the reference person (husband). In our case we've been together for 3 yrs. And have been married for 2yrs, infact we already have a 1yr old daughter. He worked here in the Philippines and he just went back to norway last June 2015 and started working there so that's why we applied family reunification, our daughter has a norwegian passport already since April 2015, so i don't think there will be questions or doubt regarding our relationship. It's just that we got married when i was 23 and he was 32 during that time. And also we met the other requirements stated on the checklist, so i'm really curious as to why they need to forward it and said they can't reveal the reason why as it is confidential.

I think i will tell my husband in norway to make a follow up and call UDI next week so we will have an update regarding the application. It's really hard to wait coz it feels like time is running so slow. So hard for us as a family being far away, this is the first time we've been apart for a long time.  :(

Yes your case looks like it's not complicated, better make your husband call because you deserve to know information about your case as to what has made it complicated if ever they will need further documents they should tell you right away.

I was also under 25 (me 24 and him 33)when we got married but here in  Norway still we waited for 11 months before we received the result.

Let's hope for the best that you get results soon. :)

thanks for the good wishes shelly :) i really do hope that the embassy is still handling our case and not gonna forward to UDI..

when i inquired abt this way back to the embassy,  how and why some cases are forwarded to UDI, they explained that the embassy have a list of certain conditions that the application/case should meet before they can decide on it.. if at least one doesnt pass,  then they forwarded the case to UDI.. what they are,  they did not discuss..

its already been two months, and yea,  i am starting to worry.. :( the only silverlining i am holding on to is that until now,  the embassy have not emailed me yet that they are forwarding our case to UDI.. so still crossing my fingers for a positive result..

i also wish for u to get ur answer soon.. i have a kid too,  so i know well enough how tough it is to be raising a child alone... just have faith and stay positive :)

hi my fellow filipinas..

Since the case processing times for us Filipinos are slightly different than most applications from other countries, i decided to start a thread dedicated for this topic Case Processing times for applications in the Philippines

i encourage you to read my thread and discuss your experiences about your follow-ups or how long you had been waiting...

thank you :)

Hi There,

Seeking for an opinion based on their experties hehe... I am now on my 4 days waiting. I applied for family reunification, Im 27 Year Old and my Husband is 39 Year Old, Im currently 11 weeks pregnant. Do you think it may cause a delay of my application? Were Married just this year, We live together for 8 months here in Ph and our relationship is still young because we've just met last year of July 2014.

Any opinion or suggestion, will update you guys the status of my application haha...

As of now there is no fixed reason to tell if it will take long or not. But like what others hold on to for hope is that as long as you haven't received any email stating that UDI receives your application,you may have a chance of being approves in 2-3 months time.

Based on shares of members here it shows that there is no visible factors that can tell us why it can be processed fast or long no matter ow complete the requirements we submitted are.

Best of luck and i hope you will all be receiving your results very soon. :)

I see, but I read some that they been approved for just a week - 3 weeks. And my documents I haven't indicated or submitted any photos because VFS Manila itself discouraged me not to submit, they said embassy won't accept photos anymore only documents that are listed on checklist...hmfff

I have received the result of my application and it's granted! I submitted my application Sept 04 2015 and I got their response today Sept 10 2015! it was so fast! I didn't expect!

Congratulations 🎊

Wow! Congratulations jen, envy much! You are so lucky you got the result very fast in a matter of 6 days only. Have a good stay in norway and have a safe and happy pregnancy! So jealous you will finally get to reunite with your husband. I miss my husband so much!  :sosad:

thank you! be patience nalang hehe

I started this thread 1yr ago,,when my hopes of getting the visa were so low, after waiting for 18months, 9days, we have been granted a residence permit, both me and my daughter, so its just time, don't give up,  it will happen

Congrats i am so glad you finally received it. Have  a safe trip coming to Norway :)

Congrats MO86! Welcome to Norway!

Thank you,, am praying for my friends to get it too, its been a long wait, not easy but worth it

congrats MO86.! :) im happy that the agony of waiting is over for u :top: i wish u and ur daughter a safe trip to norway

Takk pheebz

received mine also exactly  1 year  of waiting .   applied ocober 2014 and got the answer october 2015 .

good luck to all waiting . :)

Congratulations nana rob, welcome to norway soon! 😊