Pokhara, any suggestions about things to see and places to go

Namaste everyone,

My husband Philip and I are in Pokhara until end of May 2016 to see if we would like to live here permanently.
We have been to Nepal many times as we have a Dutch charity called H.A.N.D.S. (translated from Dutch into English this stands for Help to Nepalese Villages Charity) which we founded 5 years ago. We help villages in the Helambu area and lived in Golphu Bhanjyang for 6 months in 2010/2011. Our website is www.handsnepal.com

After spending 5 weeks in the mountains in the Helambu area visiting our various projects, we came to Pokhara 2 weeks ago as I (Jenni) hope to find work teaching English and Philip hopes to practice reiki (he has Reiki 1 and 2) and probably also follow a Masters course in Reiki.

We love spending time in the mountains but also appreciate the luxuries Pokhara can offer ! We love trekking, dancing, yoga and meditation and meeting friends. We've just found a wonderful flat close to Damside and are open to any suggestions about things to see and places to go - NOT touristy things like Devi Falls, Seti Gorge, World Peace Monument - but things and places that only locals would know about it and are not mentioned in the numerous guidebooks!  So any tips are welcome!

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post external links to your website.

Hello there Handsnepal,

welcome on board  :)

A new thread has been created from your post on the Nepal forum so that you may easily get some feedbacks from members.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi couple,
Namaste and warm greetings. Well I m quite New to this site and hope to make good friends I m working in the Hospitality Industry in Kathmandu and I could be reached at xxx and if you happen to come to Ktm I shall be pleased to help you guys in any manner that is possible.

Regards

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct