Opening Mexican Bank Account

So I need to be able to deposit money into my U.S. bank account, but my bank doesn't have branches in Mexico City, so how difficult is it for me to walk in Banamex, for example, and open an account?

I opened an account with my passport,tourist visa and a utility bill from the address I gave,which was not in my name at Banamex.

Wow. I hope its as simple for me ! Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome,it also may depend on the clerk or the manager,what knowledge they have,what type of mood their in etc.if the clerk gives you problems ask for the manager,if you are still having problems just go to another branch and so on.

Don't worry too much about an electric bill not being in your name. The bank just wants to know that the address actually exists and not made up.

HI,
I noticed you are in Zacatecas with a lovely lady who looks like she could be local!!  I'm hoping that I might be able to do the same!

I've been there, stayed in La Casa de La Moneda.  One of my friends was stayting there for a long time, 3 years on an art sabbatical and he rented a local place, merely a 3 story stack of cement where he chose to live on the roof. Crazy.
I loved the town, the history, the museums, the mines.  But it was desert around there, or at least that was what I saw.  Also took a day trip to Aquacalientes.  That was a little scary, but we did ok.  There was a large group of us so that may have helped.

I'm checking out Merida to see if I can stand the humidity, I live in Phoenix.  Curious, how did you find Z-town, that's what my group called it.  Was it a destination, or a side trip?  Did you meet your lady first and move to her town?  I'm going as a single so I wonder how people end up choosing their City.  I want some people that speak English, but I'm hoping to find and have local friends also.
Glad to hear that it's not hard to get a bank account.  I'm asking people if they would do anything different when they arrived on their first visit, now that they have decided to stay in Mexico.  Would you create a bank account at that point, would you get a resident application right away,   Get an address or a post box?  I'm not able to ask all the right questions yet, but you can get my gist on this.

Thank you and keep helping us new arrivals.....
Ally

I chose to visit Zacatecas based on affordability and climate it has exceeded my expectations.I would say there are little to no expats here.