Any Amateur and Hobby Woodworkers/carpenters?

Dear All,

I hope this reaches you well. Looking to connect with any other amateur or professional woodworkers here in Hanoi. I currently work in a completely unrelated field (real estate), but am an enthusiastic hobby furniture maker with an interest in learning Vietnamese bamboo carpentry, flute making, and would die to study some of the timber framing (formerly) done here.

But, let's start small and work our way up. :)

I wasn't able to bring any of my tools here, and am currently in the process of building my armory (I'm here long-term).

Now,

-Does anyone have/know of a shop available on a co-op basis?
-Does anyone have a great recommendation on where to get traditional woodworking tools such as quality chisels (aside from just "on tool street")?
-Anyone know a fun Vietnamese carpenter that wouldn't mind me hanging around on weekends?

Also, if anyone just has a passion for woodworking and is starting out like me, please connect. It will be fun doing this together!

Finally, if you know of anyone or any groups in HCMC, please share as well. I move regularly between both cities for work.

Thanks so much. I'm super, super grateful for any and all help.

Warmly,

-t

:D

Sorry guy, I would love to say more but my keyboard gone. Now it's back lol. I now live in HCMC so, free for dinks some times. I also have carpenter dad at home. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak any English. He played n worked with wood, built our own house n many other's in our village since I was a little girl. Am not sure what i can help but I wanna share my story n respect with you n other carpenters. Cheers!