How to make friends in Lausanne

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Lausanne :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Lausanne??

Thanks in advance for your participation

if you need friends in Lausanne, then My future husband (he is british) and I (I am Swiss) are going to move back there soon so give me a shout if you want to go out and have some fun or discover parts of Switzerland as a non-tourist person... :-)!

Chris

Hey Chris !

Im new here in Lausanne ! and would love if we could catch up and do something ? Let me know if your game ! ?

tC

lynn

HI Lynn,

That would be great!

I will be coming back in Lausanne in August 22nd. I will be coming with Paul for our wedding and will stay there definitely afterwards!

Would you like us to meet at this time? Are you coming from England or from another country? and are you planning to stay in Switzerland for a long time?

I am really looking forward to meeting you :-)

Kind regards,

Christelle

Hiya,

I a a french guy whom was living in Ireland and moved to Lausanne 3 months ago.

I'd love to meet new people and have a chat :)

i'm easy going and just wanan meet people, am feeling a bit lonely here ^^

Hi Christelle,

Thanks for replying, i am so sorry I seen this message late ! But if you are still available and want to meet mail me on [email protected]

tc and regards,

Lynn

christelle82 wrote:

HI Lynn,

That would be great!

I will be coming back in Lausanne in August 22nd. I will be coming with Paul for our wedding and will stay there definitely afterwards!

Would you like us to meet at this time? Are you coming from England or from another country? and are you planning to stay in Switzerland for a long time?

I am really looking forward to meeting you :-)

Kind regards,

Christelle

Hi everybody!

I'm coming to Lausanne for my PhD next month and i do not know anybody there.  Sombody wants to meet up for a coffee at the end of October?

hey Barbara ,

My name is Lynn :) mail me on [email protected] and we will defnitely catch up :) looking forward to it  .

Great!
Hi Lynn!
I can't wait:)
Is lausanne boring like they say so?

Hi All,

I will be moving to Lausanne in few weeks, and my husband would move a month later. We would like to make new friends and get to know the culture better. I am doughter of swiss mother however, born in Brasil and my husband is Irish.
I am really looking forward to hearing from you, and hopefully meeting some of you guys!
Rebeka

Hi! everybody, I am a new member in Lausanne forum. Ilive in Nigeria but I conceived the Idea of moving over to Lausanne for a Job and my master's degree in Actuarial science,as only university of lagos offers master's degree in my preffered programme but admissions placement becomes very difficult as the population of migeria is 140,000,000.I don't how to start it in university of lausanne. Please, help me out, thanks

Hi Mindme! You are off topic! Could you please start a new discussion on the Lausanne forum.
Thank you!

Hey everybody!
I have been living in Lausanne since October 2009 and wondered if there are any expat groups that meet up to exchange their thoughts on adapting to life in Lausanne?
I haven't really made any friends since moving here, although my wife's family (who are Swiss) have been fantastic in welcoming me here.
Paul

Hey erverybody,

I'm also new in Lausanne and it would be great to meet new people here. So would be nice to meet some of you guys maybe.

Thorn

Hey everybody!

That's a pitty i'm not in Switzerland any more! I come from a city next to lausanne and I would have loved to meet you over there! I'm now living in Malta for one and a half year, but if you think stay there for a while.. why not, later..?   .... xx

Collombine

Hello Collombine,

How's Malta treating you? I'm maltese myself although living in Lausanne now :) 

To everyone else.... are you still living in Lausanne? I'm at UNIL and even though I have met quite a few people, it would be great to meet others with whom I can have a good chat in english :)

vik

Hello Vik :)

To establish new English speaking contacts, view the Lausanne expat network.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi everyone,
I'm also new to Lausanne (well, Vevey really) and I'm looking for people to meet up with. I speak English, French, German, Swiss-German and Spanish.
Would anyone like to meet up sometime?

Miriam

Hi Miriam,

While I was surfing on the internet I run into this page. I just recently moved to Vevey. It would be nice to meet for some coffee somewhere in Vevey.

Cheers,
Ingrid

Hi Ingrid,

How nice to hear from you!
I hope you have settled in well so far. I would love to meet up with you, however, it will have to be after the 27th as I have gone to see my family for a week.
I'll get in touch with you when I am back.
Have a very nice Christmas.

Miriam

I would also be interested in meeting up.  I think the winter weather is getting to me, and I need to get out!  I'd be interested in meeting up whenever and wherever, just let me know.

hi everyone,
i'm new to lausanne and would definitely be up for meeting for a drink too.

Me too :) lets all meet and have a coffee!!

Hey everybody

I am a Portuguese nurse who is living in Dublin but is also planning to live in Lausanne at around April. I don t know anybody there and would like to get in touch with you people for a chat and then maybe we could meet for a drink.  Cheers!!

New in town for now a month, I stayed in the USA previously.
Now that I am here, even if I speak French, I find it really difficult to meet new people.
I am 29 yo, half Greek half French (yeah, I know, it makes me a "freek"), working in Consulting.

I would gladly accept any invitation for a drink, coffee or beer, doesn't matter. Any time.
Just send me a message to set up something.

Cheers !

je  me nomme         tommy   de  messan  benjamin  vit  a  lausanne    rue de  berne   no  24  -  1010   lausanne  cherchant  une  ame  soeur  africaine ou  europeenne  pour  une  relation  durable     je suis  un noir  europeen   voila  mon  contact  [email protected]    01788262697

Hello Lausane,

Well even i came to basel last month...and found people very warm.I am basically from India...i know thr might be cultural difference but atleast we can be friends and could share our expriences.What u say.

My solution was to register to OVS (lausanne.onvasortir.com). It's a website where you are registered and where you can share all the things you want to do (movies, theater, sport, ...) and people interested subscribed to do it with you.
it has "saved" me in my loneliness in Lausanne.

Hello I am new in Lausanne looking for friends to exchange a lot if u like to have fun dont hesitate to contact me. Thanks u all

Welcome on Expat.com funland ;)

Hello all.. looks like you guys started this blog a while ago.... i will be moving to Montreux at the end of the month and would love to make some new friends in the local area.

I am coming from the UK and know no one in switzerland... I love cooking, cocktails... wine, movies, reading.. if anyone is around when i arrive and would like to show me around that would be great.

How far is Montreux to Lausanne?

Thanks
Ling

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Ling :)

Maybe you should start a new thread on the Lausanne forum for better visibility and chances of obtaining responses from other members ;)

Regards
Armand

Thank you Armand... I am still trying to work out how to use this website!!

Ling :)

Hello everyone. I'm new in Montreux and would love to meet people to go out for a drink and feel a little less lonely :)

Hi Nina88,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hi
I`m new in Switzerland . and i would love to make some new friends and chat . i live in lausanne and i speak english and french ,

Hi Randy319!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Thank you Armand

Hello I am an italian and now i live in laussane, i speak french and a little english
I'm looking friends

Hey well i have moved to switzerland a few months now but between starting my own business and being here on my own it has not been easy to get to know people. looking for some girl friends to go chat and have a cofee with :)