New To Cairo from NY, Seeking Friends

I am an American male from New York now living in Cairo for the next few years.  I am seeking a friend or friends that likes to also socialize and laugh and have fun.  If anyone has good ideas of where to go and what to do please let me know.  Thanks!

Large up yourself bro......have a blessed Jahful moments in Egypt.Smiles 4 Miles!!!

Ah we would provide more help , if you state what region you are currently staying at ,

will u study in Egypt?

welcome to Egypt , hope you enjoy your stay here in Egypt, i am Mohamed from Alexandria ,nice to meet you , if you visit Alexandria contact me.

Oh, hi there :)

Hey there, I'm Mike also new in this town and would like to socialize.

Welcome for all the new people here
So if you're in Cairo I'd recommend some stuff that worked for me
First know some words that keeps you moving to avoid being tricked
Second know the transportation rotes to your area and expend your knowledge
Third set a target to what do you want to see, explore or visit
If you like nice areas with water view where you could walk I'd recommend zamalek area
If you want to see old places I recommend El azhar area but go with someone that knows the place well
For shopping mall of arabia or city stars
Natural places
Degla valley
If anyone needs help just ask and I'm happy to tell you what I have
Enjoy  :D

Hey and welcome to Cairo!!! The most beautiful, clean, and less polluted and noisy city on earth. Of course you haven't seen much, as you mentioned, you are new here. There are many places to see around here in Cairo and elsewhere like Luxor, Red sea, ...

I'm looking for friends too, to go out with, visiting new spots and have fun, and bla bla ... I looked at your profile it says you work with the UN. That's nice.

So... What part of Cairo you luck put you in? :)

Where do you live in Cairo?  A lot depends on that.  If you happen to live in Ma'adi there are a lot of clubs there and many of them are bilingual so both Arabic and English are spoken.  There are lots of choices and lots to do at these clubs.  You'll find gyms, restaurants, shops, playgrounds for kids, other activities, and even swimming pools sometimes.  They all have admission fees.  I am a member of the Ma'adi House and I like it.  They have a pretty good restaurant, activities, and a pool.  Joining a club will really help you get to know people here.  I hope this helps you!

Hi SweetLilyAdam thanks for the nice welcome. Are you make or female lol. I'm in the Madi are. I'm looking forward to exploring more and hopefully be able to say one day that I know all I Cairo!

hello
welcome in Cairo and wish you a good stay
I am Emad and you can put me down as a friend if you want
I live in Nasr City if you want to go out just let me know
have fun

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Expat Blog is not a dating site

Hi dear am Stella. Am from Nigeria in Egypt Cairo. We can talk more better on this,  **

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Thank for the info JMR.  I've been told to get ACE club membership, do you know anything about that place?

I am in Maadi and still feeling my way around.  What is the popular opinion on best restaurant or cafe that has sheesha?

you are welcome dear brother
i am from Egypt if you need any thing tell me

Ok... here you go ... we may be good friends later if you are into Shesha....there are several places in Street 9 (i guess by now u know where it is), all the places almost offer good Shesha, I usually go to Coffee Shop Company , and Harrah 9 (the cafe next to it), there is also Harris cafe beside Zuba rest. , its good but smaller, so if its a weekend u wont probably enjoy the outside area

Hope it helps :) enjoy your stay , and try everything here... Egypt is fun

heyy man sup? im in maadi too

Thanks, I'll definitely check out those places! I found a couple good places in Zamalek as well.

Ima1989 message me please =)

I like making friendships, about where to go.. I am not Egyptian tho yet I love zamalek, u can also visit 6 October city.. There is sheikh Zayed city where u can find multiple cafe/restaurants compounds like American Plaza.. If ur interested in old places like historical places there is al hussein and areas around.. I don't know if I helped at all anyways if I learned something about Egypt it's that it's beauty in its simple places.. If u need anything u can msg me I will ask my Egyptian friends

Hey bro , Welcome in Cairo .. Wish u great two years here
Start to explore as much as u can eventually u will know all of Cairo
If u need specific info about downtown or old Islamic Cairo , iam  here to help :)

Hey what's up everyone.  Ahmed, Emad, Mohamed, Sweetlily, Arnoba, Julie, Ima, Elegance, JMR- what's new you can recommend?

No, Faiq, I am here working not studying.  You can say I am constantly studying the culture and language!

Mos_ta_fa, I am in Maadi

Hi Eri, are you new as well?

Thanks, sweetlily.  Great recommendations, especially knowing the route!

Thanks Arnoba.  I agree sometimes the smallest and even most out of the way places are the most beautiful.  I look forward to exploring more of Egypt the next 3 years!

Hello again, I have to ask u have u been to Alexandria? If not u should.. It's not fancy as other beach areas but it's differently a different taste of Egypt or maybe different face, it has easier transportation and not bad places to visit like the Alexandria library, the Romanian museum, and u must visit znaat AL sitat very famous souq more like khan AL khalili if u have visit before but it have an amazing story as for the most famous 2 lady murderers in Egypt used to catch their victims in.. I love Alexandria u can still see the old classy Egypt in it.. Enjoy the most of Egypt in this 3 years it's land of wonders

Hello . i see your subject about meeting new friends . i like to know more friends from all over the world in order to exchange culture and socializing . don,t hesitate to contact me

No I haven't been to Alexandria. The way you described it sounds amazing!  I've always been captivated by ancient Egypt and now I am more intrigued to go.  Maybe I'll go this next week since I have a few days off with my weekend! Thanks!

Fresh, where are you located? Are you in the Maadi area?

Arnoba please message me, I'm not able to message you.