Drive License

Hello,

My Nationality is Portuguese.
Im living in Sofia, Bulgaria and I would like to make drive license.
Please can you help me telling me what are the documents that they will ask me, and if possible some drive schools with english.

Thank you very much,
Nessy

Hi

As Portugal is part of the European union, you can drive with your EU drivers licence in any EU member State & I think you can even exchange for a Bulgarian version you want.

I'm assuming you do have a full drivers licence from Portugal

Ib

The problem is that I do not have Portuguese Drive License

Hi Vanessacosta,

Since you do not have a Portugeese driving licence you have two possibilities:
1. Return to Portugal and get one there;
2. Apply for a Bulgarian one, which means you will have to do the following:
- Study the Bulgarian Road Traffic Act;
- Go to a car driving course at a Bulgarian driving school
- Sit an exam on the Act and a Driving Exam.

There are a few difficulties for the second option:
1. You have to find a driving school which teaches foreigners.
2. You have to ask for English speaking officer for the exam.

I suppose if you find the school they will help you with the second  issue. Also they normally prepare all the necessary documents.

And what documents they ask?

I suppose the documents are the same as for bulgarian citizens - copy of your ID card and a School Diploma. In your case it will have to be translated probabaly.
Also you will probably need address registration document by the Minitry of Interior. That's it.

I got my Bulgarian license here last year.  I had a Zimbabwean license and went through the whole procedure.  You need evidence of education, which may have to be approved by the Ministry of Education, I had my degree already approved so it was no problem.  My driving instructor spoke English and the lessons were pleasant.

Hi,

Wondering if the Bulgarian Authorities here accept a Provisional Licence over a Diploma?  I do not have a degree but graduated HS and College although I no longer hold any evidences of this since I've moved around.  Only thing I have is a National Record of Achievement but this does not state my grades, Only details from my teachers surrounding my attendance and performance.

Any advice appreciated, Paperwork here can be a real pain..

Hello there, can you please tell me the name of the driving school where you took your license in Sofia?

I'm looking to take it too, thanks.

Hi Jorge Mouta,

Welcome on board :)

Maybe you did pay attention to the date of this discussion as you are new to the Forum but for your information it's quite old :)

My advise to you will be : Start a new topic with all your questions on the Sofia Forum for better interaction and more visibility :)

Thank you

Have a good day :)

Maximilien

How vital is this Document of education ?

I am a working class bloke from a poor background who left school early with no certificates to go into the British Army .I have since worked in many technical trades as well as farming which in the Uk requires intelligence and application of knowledge and skills . I am very literate , get by  in several languages and am extremely widely read in the humanities....
....where does this leave me standing ? Is there an optional donation scheme ? ;)

sean ,paula's partner

What is the type of school diploma/certificate that you posess, It might happen to be sufficient. For example Bulgarians are allowed to take the exam before completing their secondary school, though they will not recive it untill they are 18.
I suppose there's also the donation option but it is illegal and some drive schools lost thier licences for doing so.

I have driving license issued from country which is member (accessions) of Vienna conventions on road traffic.
I would like to exchange my driving license to Bulgarian driving license. I read that if driving license issued country is member of Vienna conventions on road traffic. Then it can be exchanged without theory and practical test and in Bulgaria there is also no condition that someone must be residence at 185 days.

Please let me know
1- what is procedure to exchange a driving license for Bulgaria one.
2- what documents are required for it.
3- where should i submit application with required documents.
4- how much time period is required to get new driving license.
5- please provide me office contact with telephone number.

I am very thankful to you.

Here is some info should take care of any quistions.  It looks like you could exchange a USA lisence.                              http://bulgaria.angloinfo.com/transport … a-licence/      or a lisence from a country with in the agreement.

You cannot exchange a USA license. You have to go through the exams and classes if you have a US license.

thanks for answered to my question but still there are some questions regarding practical experience in Bulgaria.