Non-surgical prostate treatment

Has anyone on expat-blog had experience with non-surgical prostate reduction in Jakarta?

I am always wary of the way Indonesian doctors love the word "operasi" (although they are not the only ones) and would prefer to treat an enlarged, but not cancerous, prostate with laser or another therapy.

If anyone has gone through the experience (favorable or otherwise), please share your experience - also the costs you incurred.

Thanks

I had a prostate check a few months ago because I felt a bit sore down there. The doctor fingered my ass for a few seconds and said it was slightly swollen but nothing serious.Something about the fluids remaining in the prostate instead of dissipating. He gave me some antibiotics to reduce the swelling and told me that if the swelling remained then I could come back and he would massage the prostate for me to help reduce the swelling. Thankfully the antibiotics worked.

By the way, I went to Kuala Lumpur rather than having it checked in Jakarta.

I suffered for almost 40 years from recurrent Benign Prostate Hypertrophy that flared up about every two years. I finally underwent a TULIP (transurethral laser incision of the prostate) in 2001 in Canada. Only one side of the prostate was operated on and the surgeon told me if there were any future problems they could repeat the procedure on the other side. Fortunately it has never been necessary and I've been problem free ever since.

I can tell you from my personal experience that the day surgery I went through was quite simple, and my recovery was even much faster than the surgeon told me it would be. If you're having prostate problems then regardless of what your fears may be I strongly recommend that you confront those fears, have the surgery as soon as possible and be done with it. You'll never regret it.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

hi guys
are there any soecial massage places for treatment of enlarged prostate in jakarta, jabotabek, and bandung