Social Security Payments

Can someone give me a step by step procedure to have Social Security deposit my pension into my BDO American Dollar account at Clark. What to do or get from BDO, same for Social Security?

You will need an account number and routing number of the bank to provide Social Security. Where you need to deposit your money. If it is going to a pensioner account,you can open it for 100USD.  If not most banks require 500USD to open. I like the Idea of having my account at a U.S. Bank that does business in the Philippines like Citibank,less chance of problems plus Social Security deposits it in the US and I use my ATM card to withdraw funds. True you will pay more fees for transactions,but I feel my money is safer from internal problems and I can set my withdrawal limits.

I have what seems to be a normal passbook savings account that is in USD at BDO(yes, it required 500 USD to open), will that suffice? Or do I need a special Pension account as you mentioned?

Are there any special forms for BDO or S.S. I need to get ? and send to either one?

I would check with SSI but I believe you only need those items like the account,bank name and routing number if you already have an account. If not request from BDO the SSI docs for the penionser account

Thank you very much.
Gerald

Gerald
I receive monthly Social Security benefits, and all I had to do was give them the account number, and my name. They knew by the account number what bank it was, you can do it all online or call them at  1-800-772-1213  and they will take carte of it for you. Social Security has an office in Manila also at the US embassy, try this lady she has been very helpful for me in the past,  [email protected]. Good luck

My Pleasure

Thanks mate appreciate  it.

Is your bank account and American Dollar account or a pesos savings?