Marriage in Norway with Visitor's Visa (Tourist Visa)

Thank you both. We will be applying in Kristiansand  :)

I am able to stay while I wait  :) . The police station said they would have to decide if it would be processed by them or the UDI. Do you have any idea how long the police station takes to give an answer compared to the UDI?

If the politi is the one to decide the fastest is 2 to 3 weeks based on the experience of my 2 classmates in norskkurs.

You may even have it earlier than that.

Hi everyone!

Anyone can share to me the "Description of your relationship?

How you did yours?

You just basically describe your relationship. A short storytelling,like how you met, how is your relationship doing, and so on.

:)

Hi everyone! Anybody can help or advice me here?I am in norway now and I'm using visit  visa or tourist visa. My husband is norwegian.I need advice because while I'm applying my tourist visa in philippines I have a garantor it was best friend of my husband and he is a politi officer in norway.the reason why we use a garantor his best friend is because my husband is not working and he got money only from NAV and it's pension because he got accident when he is in Gigs (his a singer ). We're renting a house also here in norway.So were planning to apply a FAMILY REUNIFICATION in vfs Philippines when I go home in philippines this November 2016..

My problem is when apply Family:

-do I need still garantor for my family reunification in vfs philippines?
-do I need papers from udi here in norway if I apply family reunification in vfs philippines and is any problem also that I will use new address in norway because we move another house while I'm here because before is too small for us than the new now?
-pls advice me the first step I need to do for applying family reunifiction in vfs philippines pls?

Pls I need help to advice me....

Thank u and God bless

It's me,
Mestien

The process are same when you apply tourist. You can go to udi.no and look for checklist for family immigration. No need for guarantor. You need to use your new address here in Norway. Your husband knows how to update address online.

But please make sure u check the requirements online because there are some income requirements for the person who is in norway.if those req not met application may b rejected

How long did it take to recieve  the marriage  certificate  after the wedding?

Hi mitz39,

Thank u for ur time and help..is this udi papers I can get in online? If ever I would be granted in Family reunification, can I buy one way ticket or what the best to do...? How about also insurance, how many months I should buy? Pls advice me,,,,or help me to know,,,thank u and God bless  us

Thank u nadkiz007,,,,,

My dear do not accept to be employed by your boyfriend while waiting for divorce.even if you get married u would have breached the employer employee contract.my friend has been deported last sunday after marrying his employer and they even have a 10 month old baby.the police came at 4 am on sunday and deported her and the baby.the court refused to acknowledge their marriage hence her visa was nullified

All cases are handled by Udi.the police helps in collecting data and information.if all goes well ot will take from 8 to 12 months or upto 188 months.depending on where you are from originally and if you go for an interview.

halo ,  jeg heter jermily , can i as if i get a CENOMAR and BIRTHCERTIFICATE  AND YOU CALL IT A RED RIBBON , HOW CAN I DO THAT , SHOULD I GO TO THE DFA AFTER I GET THE CENOMAR AND BIRTHCERTIFICATE ,

CAN YOU HELP , COZ ME AND MY NORWEGIAN MAN PLANING TO APPLY A ENGAGEMENT PERMIT ,

TUSEN TAKK

jerda.bation wrote:

halo ,  jeg heter jermily , can i as if i get a CENOMAR and BIRTHCERTIFICATE  AND YOU CALL IT A RED RIBBON , HOW CAN I DO THAT , SHOULD I GO TO THE DFA AFTER I GET THE CENOMAR AND BIRTHCERTIFICATE ,

CAN YOU HELP , COZ ME AND MY NORWEGIAN MAN PLANING TO APPLY A ENGAGEMENT PERMIT ,

TUSEN TAKK

Yes you need to have them in Red Ribbon, your BC and Cenomar.

how can i have the red ribbon , and how can i do it ,

Like what you said earlier, go to the DFA near you ☺

tusen takk mitz39 , are you live in norway ??

Yes I'm here in Bronnoy Nordland.

Its very difficult to get job visa to work in norway from outside eu.
It need to be a work norway need, like nurse/categiver or a season work where he already tried but problems to find eu citizens to work.

Yes i agree jobs are bit tricky to get especially for non eu residents. Having said that if you know what you are good at you land into right area with bit of struggle.

Hello, is there anyone here got engaged in a short span of time? Me and my fiancé(Norwegian) got engaged on our 2nd month and we are planning to apply fiancé visa on our 7month(we will be going to the Philippines  and apply there because i am working here in Qatar and he's in Norway) is there a chance that they will deny it coz of short span as bf/gf? Thanks for the response

Hi

I am a Filipina currently in Oslo with a visit visa.. I am married to a swedish guy living in Norway... We have a baby borned April 10 and my Visa will expire on May 16 which is soon... And I don't wanna leave my baby here as she is breastfeed.. and too small to be away from me and just thinking of it, really makes me so sad.... 😭😭I read some that I can apply for resident permit but I just wanna know if I can stay here while it's on process or I really have to go back to the Philippines... Thank you in advance for the answers!..

HI everyone,
                        I would like to ask a few questions. First My girl (Norwegian) and I are planing to get married. we both live in Norway. I ( Guy/Applicant) live in Norway as a student( student permit. My question is after we get married can i get Financial support for studies from Lanakassen before the decision of My family immigration permit is made? secondly can i have access to free language course before the decision of family resident is decided ? > look forward to receive reply .
  Thanks

pappy2020 wrote:

HI everyone,
                        I would like to ask a few questions. First My girl (Norwegian) and I are planing to get married. we both live in Norway. I ( Guy/Applicant) live in Norway as a student( student permit. My question is after we get married can i get Financial support for studies from Lanakassen before the decision of My family immigration permit is made? secondly can i have access to free language course before the decision of family resident is decided ? > look forward to receive reply .
  Thanks

You need to have family reunification for spouse then I think its possible you will be granted the lanakassen.

I thought i can be eligeable for lanekasa when i register my mariage at the commune i live in. before waiting on the udi's decision

source: Lånekassen

family immigration
You have a residence permit based on family immigration. The person you are reunited with must be either a Norwegian citizen or a foreign citizen with a different residence basis in Norway than education.

If you are a citizen of a country outside the Nordic region, you do not need to submit documentation. We get the information we need from the Immigration Directorate (UDI).

If you are a Nordic citizen, you can also get support after this point. You must submit information about your family in Norway. With family, we mean this father, mother, spouse, or cohabitant with whom you have common children. You must provide information about his / her name, social security number, address in Norway and how long he / she has lived in Norway. You must also submit documentation that shows what he / she does in Norway (eg, confirmation from employer or apprenticeship).

Familieinnvandring
Du har oppholdstillatelse på grunnlag av familieinnvandring. Den du er gjenforent med, må enten være norsk statsborger, eller utenlandsk statsborger med et annet oppholdsgrunnlag i Norge enn utdanning.

Er du statsborger i et land utenfor Norden, trenger du ikke å sende inn dokumentasjon. Vi henter opplysningene vi trenger fra Utlendingsdirektoratet (UDI).

Er du nordisk statsborger, kan du også få støtte etter dette punktet. Du må sende inn opplysninger om familien din i Norge. Med familie mener vi her far, mor, ektefelle, eller samboer som du har felles barn med. Du må gi opplysninger om hans/hennes navn, fødselsnummer, adresse i Norge, og hvor lenge han/hun har bodd i Norge. Du må også sende inn dokumentasjon som viser hva han/hun gjør i Norge (f.eks. bekreftelse fra arbeidsgiver eller lærested).

**** It means they double check your records with UDI *****

What if the husband is married in Philippines but single in Norway and they grt married in Norway? When she go back to philii does she's need to grt cfo still?

Hi pheebz0501,
I just want to ask u some questions regarding getting married in norway through tourist visa..if we get married in there can i also apply for residence permit in there without gping back to phils?..is 3 months tourist visa enough time to process it? We r thinking about it rather than applying for fiancee visa coz of long time waiting.thanks in advance for any help of advice.

Cris_jan wrote:

Hi pheebz0501,
I just want to ask u some questions regarding getting married in norway through tourist visa..if we get married in there can i also apply for residence permit in there without gping back to phils?..is 3 months tourist visa enough time to process it? We r thinking about it rather than applying for fiancee visa coz of long time waiting.thanks in advance for any help of advice.

Hi Cris, i know you're asking pheebz, but I answered your 1st question on a different thread, about your 2nd question, the answer is yes, you just have to take care of papers as soon as you arrive. Fiancée visa approval varies, at the time I applied, Udi website says 6 months processing time but i got mine in 3 weeks. I know someone getting it is a weeks time. Hope and pray you receive yours sooner
Regards
Joanne

Hi joanne,
Thanks for your reply.. BTW i already  submitted my fiancee application in vfs makati this  afternoon coz i found out that there are some restrictions upon tourist visa so i still need to go back home  anyway, if i wanna get married with the tourist visa.
Where do you live in norway?  My fiancee is from Porsgrunn.  Thanls for ur respond. Cheers.

Cris_jan wrote:

Hi joanne,
Thanks for your reply.. BTW i already  submitted my fiancee application in vfs makati this  afternoon coz i found out that there are some restrictions upon tourist visa so i still need to go back home  anyway, if i wanna get married with the tourist visa.
Where do you live in norway?  My fiancee is from Porsgrunn.  Thanls for ur respond. Cheers.

Vær så godt Cris, as they say here. You be fine, believe me, it's nothing compared to how long i waited to get here ;)
Im from Bergen, i have been to Porsgrunn just last summer.
Be blessed Cris og Lykke til,
Mvh,
Joanne

BeeBee007 wrote:
Cris_jan wrote:

Hi joanne,

Vær så godt Cris, as they say here. You be fine, believe me, it's nothing compared to how long i waited to get here ;)
Im from Bergen, i have been to Porsgrunn just last summer.
Be blessed Cris og Lykke til,
Mvh,
Joanne

Hei Joanne.. Hyggelig å høre deg. Jeg var i Bergen i vinter. Fint sted.. Hyggelig å møte deg her. Tusen takk.

Hi Cris_jan > could you please write in English in the English speaking forum? Thank you

Hi Pheebz,

I just new registered here, and I need some advise about my case.

I came from Indonesian, just married October 12, 2018 with Norwegian citizen.
I used tourist visa while I get married in Norway.

Now, I have to go back to Indonesia as my tourist visa ended. My plan now, I will apply for family permit with my spouse/registered partner, but I want to bring 2 of my kids also from my previous relationship.

I taked a look at UDI Website, but few things that I'm still not sure about their explanation.

1. Is it possible to apply family permit also for my kids,    as I still don't have residence permit in Norway.

2. If possible, is it application for my kids will be in separate application, that means I will submit 3 application to UDI, one for me and two for my kids.

3. Which option at UDI Website, I have to choose for application of my kids.

I read about your experience with your daughter about the permit, so maybe you can give me some advise.

Thank you.

Rgds,
Amei

@pheebz0501 hi ma'am. I have a question. I have no idea what to do. My boyfriend wants me to apply as a tourist visa not fiancee because according to him Norway don't accept the fiancee anymore. So his advice is to apply tourist visa and we will get married there before the contract for tourist visa will end. And if we will get married in Philippines first it takes 1-2 years to go to in Norway or they will approve and I've heard about family reunification if ever will get married in Philippines. So he advised is tourist visa. Is this good idea for tourist? Or fiancee visa.

@mitz39

hei..  an i asked a short question? how long did u waited for ur visa of visiting bf? Thank u if u are still up to this site..

@Lillelam for visit visa it would take 2 -3 weeks and max of 1 month.