Furniture stores in Mauritius

Hi, can anyone help please. Are there any good quality, contemporary furniture shops on the island that don't cost a fortune. Something like Ikea would be perfect, but sadly it hasn't arrived in Mauritius yet. Thanks

Hi, not much around but I do have some DIY furniture, dining tables, dining chairs beds which I brought over from australia still brand new made for apartments. let me know if interested.

Hi why not get it built, there are some very good carpenter around. I get a few this done and not bad for the price.

I absolutely agree with others, it's really difficult to find here something contemporary and simple for affordable price. I saw some  not bad furniture, pretty simple, colonial style, but here they sell it like something luxury. I realized that better to find a workshop, where you can choose the material, to propose design and do some custom furniture.

Hi, thanks for the advice. Can you recommend some carpenters please?

Hello, if you are looking for high quality, solid wood furniture, have a look at this page and send me a private message if you are interested. I can connect you with the director.

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting external links to other websites
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

a lot of people apparently go to India, china, indonesia...get furniture, ship it over - all of which comes cheaper than buying it in Mauritius. But this is for a whole house, where you're buying a lot of stuff.
For one off stuff, I hear the local carpenter base is very good. Their prices had risen a fair amount due to high demand when the IRS/RES construction boom was on. With that subsided, prices should be negotiable to your advantage. Don't have names but ask around

What about Courts?